4.0 out of 5 stars SGA is back!
Published on 16 Mar 2011 by MissMyth

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is the imagination?
I have to admit to being put off by a preface with the main antagonist called Queen Death... really? That is the best you could come up with?!

Published 11 months ago by Mr. S. Mitchell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars SGA is back!, 16 Mar 2011
I really enjoyed this book. As a fan of SGA I was disappointed when they didn't give the show another season, but this book provides some 'answers' and continues the story arc where otherwise we would have nothing. I know a number of people will not take this as canon, but since it looks like SGA won't be returning in any form other than books from now on I consider it the closest thing we're going to get.
With Atlantis back on Earth at the beginning, the processes of getting it back to Pegasus are filled with politics and meetings with the IOA. This can seem a little samey at points, but shows some lovely interaction between Mr Woolsey and Teyla in particular. Without giving too much away, those wondering why O'Neill is featured on the cover are actually given an answer due to the important (though limited) role he plays in helping Atlantis.
The debate over what to do with Todd was well written, I think, and the one-sided conversation John has with Todd shows what a complex relationship they have. I admit Todd is one of my favourite characters, so was especially pleased with the (generally) humane approach Dr keller and Dr Beckett took with him.
Some characters seemed to get quite a bit of mention throughout the book, but I was a little disappointed they didn't make more of Ronon. McKay got some quite good lines, but generally I think he was underused, but hopefully this will be rectified in 'The Lost'.
It was interesting to learn more about the Wraith hierarchies, and although I know some people who feel that giving the Wraith a new naming system destroys some of the mystery about them, I think it actually gives them a bit more depth. The names are supposed to represent the telepathic 'feelings' given off by the individual Wraith; rather like the 'flavour' of their mind.
We also get Todd back to his tricksy old self... or do we? The books ends on a rather abrupt note, but since the Legacy series is over three books I think this can be forgiven.

4.0 out of 5 stars The story continues, 17 Mar 2011
Good solid read. Bogged down a little at times with the political stuff but it's a good set up for the other books in the series. Nice characterization and good interaction between the characters. Ronon felt a little neglected but overall good use of the characters. Todd was in top form and thoroughly enjoyed the Wraith storyline. It flowed well and a good follow on from where season five left off. Left me really looking forward to The Lost.

5.0 out of 5 stars George, 15 April 2012
George (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: STARGATE ATLANTIS: Homecoming (Book one in the Legacy series) (Kindle Edition)
Great continuation of the SGA series. I found the characters well put together and it was easy to relate them to their TV characters, The storyline is well thought out and what i have really enjoyed is the way the authors have delved into the Wraith, While this may not be for everyone i think if you like Stargate and want to escape for a few hrs then you will enjoy.
With the tv series cancelled i hope to read many more books in the Stargate Atlantis Legacy series

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is the imagination?, 18 Aug 2013

The end of the SG-A series with Atlantis returning to Earth makes starting a new series understandably difficult however this plot is just ridiculous. We have the city safely hidden on Earth with plently of power and all the time in the world to study it's technology and the Wraith are trapped in Pegasus...so what do we do?

We have a cunning plan, lets take the city back to Pegasus, predictably drain all power out of the ZPMs in the process (is it really that difficult to make story where the city has power?) and then lets gift the Wraith a means to get to Earth.

So we have successfully reset the series:
- No power CHECK
- Little to no support from Earth CHECK
- Wraith have a means to get to Earth & there is nothing we can do CHECK
- We have barely enough supplies CHECK

To all those avid SG fans, remember the TV series and avoid this like the plague!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rant at how terrible this is (spoilers), 30 April 2011
When I read there was going to be books to continue SGA I was really happy and then I read the book:{

It's just not very well written and Sheppared moping about after Teyla and having nothing better to do with his time as a United States Colonel than baby sit.

The fact that they had to have a scene were Teyla goes on about how her and Kinnan are just friends who had a one night stand. She just let every one think he ment more because she didn't want people to think she was some stupid alien who didn't know how to use contraception?

I cringed reading this and hope the writters did as well.

Have the witters even watched the show? I was a huge fan of the programme and never noticed Sheppared getting all depressed and emo every time Teyla got mentioned or walked into a room.

This just ruined it for me, I could have put up with the ton of politics and lack of plot because it was just the first book but they are rewrittng the tv series to suit them selfs and not even very well.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 9 July 2014
Crap book after 30 pages closed the book never to open not written in the spirt of the show

5.0 out of 5 stars Book One has drawn me in am ex excited for the rest of the series., 4 Jun 2014
Mr. D. E. Marshall (burntwood) - See all my reviews
This is a Brilliant continuation of the series and it's that good that i am already reading the 2nd book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Homecoming, 25 April 2014
This book starts the legacy series. It plays in your mind as you are reading just like the series did.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good reading, 4 Feb 2014
Enjoyable but characterisation a bit drawn out with lots if implied and unnecessary sexual tension. Story rolls along nicely after a slow start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the story, 3 Feb 2014
I am a big fan of Atlantis, this story is will write and follows on from the final episode with in a few days. Really enjoyable and entertaining.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›