5.0 out of 5 stars History Remade, 19 Mar 2012
Sheila Mcdaniel (Austria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Manor Reborn - The Entire BBC Series (National Trust Avebury Manor) [DVD] (DVD)
It is a long time since i was so enthralled with a subject to watch it all the way through when it was this long!
It has answered all my Christmas and birthday presents for this year.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the "crysalis emerge" and all the growing pains in the process. I will most definately make a point to visit Avebury Manor.

Athough I understand completely the need to protect the integrity and authenticity I have to admit that the National trust's Lucy was a royal pain in the neck and early on totally annoyed me! She was "knit picking" to the point of absurdity and because of the length of time it took to give the go ahead to the project meant everyone had to work harder and through the night to get it finished.
Typical of bureacracy where idealism is a danger to reality and the property actually surviving.......As a long time supporter of English heritage.....I hope by now she has another job

5.0 out of 5 stars The Manor Reborn, 1 May 2012
We watched the BBC program 'The Manor Reborn' when it was first shown in 2011. This got our interest, so we went and visited the manor in Avebury, (March 2012).

It was so interesting and there was so much to take in. So on our return home we looked on Amazon and there was the video. It arrived within a few days in perfect condition.

We have watched it twice and when the rain stops, (April 2012) we shall return to Avebury again. A wonderful program from the BBC and a wonderful dealings with Amazon. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the Manor for Penelope Keith!, 16 Aug 2013
Avid Reader (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
Love, love, love this series. Penelope Keith and co. are marvellous. The history is painless, the insights into restoration and the workings of a NT property are priceless. Visually stunning. Bottom line: a must-have for anyone who loves country homes and/or Penelope Keith!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a visit!, 11 Feb 2014
Valerie Abbott (England) - See all my reviews
i saw the programme and was inspired to visit Avebury Manor. It totally lived up to mu expectations and more!
Go and see for yourself and enjoy the "hands on" experiance. The DVD is something i will look at again and agin.
Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Present For A Friend, 20 Jan 2014
A. M. Knight (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
My friend and I visited Avebury Manor last year. I had seen the television series and I was keen to go on the coach trip to see the manor, and was very impressed with it.

I therefore knew my friend would enjoy watching the DVDs of the series. She enjoyed it very much, and we plan to go again this year to Avebury Manor, so we can both enjoy what we learned from the TV series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Wanted, 20 Nov 2013
After visiting Avebury I was eager to watch again the TV series that I remembered.
The disc did this perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars dvd, 15 Nov 2013
Mr. Edward Gerrish (Powys) - See all my reviews
Delivered promptly and in good order. As we had recently visited Avebury Manor the dvd was very interesting to see the work that had been done

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series in one package, 14 Nov 2013
When we visited Avebury Manor we had no idea what had been done there and only saw what was on the surface. This DVD brought to life all the work that had been done to replicate "artifacts" using modern day craftsmen to make Avebury Manor a hands-on experience. Once we had seen the DVD we did, of course, have to go again to get the "real" experience. We loved being able to touch and sit, play snooker and, of course have a go in the replica exercise chair - great fun. The DVD is a must for anyone visiting the Manor and interesting even if you're not.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Manor Reborn, 8 Oct 2013
I had seen the BBC series and found it very entertaining and informative. I got this DVD as a gift for my friend who had invited me to accompany her to visit Avebury.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good !, 7 Aug 2013
Loved it though could have seen and heard more of Paul Martin ( I am a fan of his - surprise !)