on 15 February 2012
I was reluctant to buy something no-one had reviewed yet, but I badly needed to extend the battery life of my phone and my laptop, so I took the plunge.

I bought this to power a 3 yr old Toshiba laptop (satellite pro L500) whose battery now lasts just 80 minutes a charge, and to let me emergency charge my phone when I forget to charge it overnight before a day of meetings. It charges the phone (a Samsung Omnia 7 with a 1500 mAh battery to support it's large OLED screen) nearly three times. It runs my laptop being used for office work (chrome, photoshop, MS office, Skype and Spotify all running continuously), for about two and half hours.

The actual unit is really nice, tactile and solid feeling with good ergonomics and clean lines, but it's let down slightly by a soft rubber dust cover for the USB port that doesn't fit and very cheaply finished adaptor heads for the power output cable. I actually wish they didn't try to issue everyone with a dozen adaptor heads and instead just gave you a code you could redeem against the head(s) you specifically need, posted out to you, but much better quality.

The instructions are extremely brief and pretty unclear, and I actually believed I had a faulty unit at first. The instructions are actually accurate, but only using the unit will clarify exactly what they mean. 'Press and hold the power button till the blue LEDs appear and stay on' so you click the button once, the lights come straight on, you let go, they seem to stay on and you move to the next stage: 'to select the voltage required, press the power button once until the fourth blue LED appears above the correct voltage' so you press the button again and all the lights go off(!?).

What's actually happening is that even though the instructions don't tell you this, pressing the power button once, briefly, shows you the charge state of the device for 3 seconds. So you've pressed the power button, the blue LEDs have seemed to appear and stay on, you've pressed the power button again, it's coincided approximately with the end of the three seconds that the LEDs display for and it looks like pressing the power button has toggled the device off. Actually what you need to do is press and hold the power button for 3 seconds (when it will appear like you've achieved nothing, because for all of those three seconds the LEDs won't show) and only then at the end of the 3 seconds will the LEDs come on permanently. Perhaps other people will be better at interpreting the instructions literally than I was, but really I wish they'd said 'press and hold the power button for three seconds, at the end of which the LEDs will illuminate and you'll be ready to power an external device'. The instructions would be better if the power button wasn't just a continuous part of the device's surface that makes a slight click as you put pressure on it, and was instead a conventional power button that registers operation with a decent click and is properly depressed when you press it.

Anyway, now that I've got the hang of it, I couldn't live with out. It's an absolute boon. I've never actually timed how long it takes to charge fully (I just plug it in at the end of the night and it switches itself off once it's charged and is ready and waiting in the morning). I will try to drain it down fully and time the charging in the near future and update this review. All in all a good buy, providing the charge capacity doesn't flag too quickly. Will keep an eye on that too and update in due course if it proves disappointing.

Quick update: seems I was right to be concerned about the adaptor head build quality. After a few weeks use, the pin broke off the adaptor head yesterday. It was possibly under a little bit of stress - I put my laptop in my bag (soft, significantly larger than my laptop) with the power lead plugged in, but I've done this hundreds of times with my Toshiba power supply, so it shouldn't really be an issue. Anway, having said I couldn't live without it, I'm going to have to, for a few days at least. I've filled out the contact form at the Veho website to see if I can get a replacement adaptor head. Hoping that buying British will mean that getting a replacement part in the UK is nice and straightforward. We'll see...

Update 2. By the time I'd finished typing the update above, Veho had emailed me to ask for a postal address so they could send me a replacement. The email actually arrived 9 minutes after the time stamp on my ticket acknowledgement, so brilliantly fast response time.

Update 3. Got the replacement adaptor head within 24 hrs of providing my address - great customer service. No issues since.
on 11 November 2014
Works well, has come in very useful. Disappointed with the quality of the product, has weak spots near the LED display, and the top cover doesn't fit flush with the sides of the product. The USB cover is too small for the port. The adaptors are cheaply made, but they fit in the slots of the devices fairly well, with little movement.
on 16 July 2015
The instructions were woefully inadequate and as a consequence fried both my phone and my mini camera.It has two charging outlets and all the pictures show it being used for multiple devices at the same time. Nowhere in the instructions or on any information does it explain that one outlet is for one type of device and one for another. This is further confused by the I-phone connection having a connector specifically designed to fit the higher voltage outlet which when connected to it destroyed my phone.
Having contacted the 'support' at Veho they have never replied.
on 28 May 2014
Arrived quickly and charged up Ipad/ipod/Iphone recharged no does what it says on the packet....disappointed that there is no connection supplied for my MacBook Pro.
on 26 August 2013
Got this to keep an iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 charged during carfest south. Fully charged the pebble before leaving home and it kept everything charged for the entire 4 days. For those that are interested, 5 & 3/4 charge cycles from less than 10 % to full charge. The last charge stopped at 65% battery when the pebble ran out. Given the secure charge service on site wanted £5 for 2 hours I reckon I've paid off at least 50% in one outing.
on 5 August 2013
I bought this to have backup power for my Asus Ultrabook having read in the description that it supports Asus computers. It may support SOME Asus computers, but NOT my Ultrabook, giving me a very expensive and overpowered backup for my phone instead.
on 10 April 2014
Great product, its a brick but my god it charges so much from one charge, brilliant product, loses one star for price, but thats it, you will get multiple charges on your phone in one day
on 31 October 2012
This product is compact, charges easily and, when tested, charged my laptop and phone quickly. However, my real purpose in purchasing it was to charge up my Packard bell Liberty Tablet. Despite the packaging stating it was for all tablets there was no compatIble connector, and the output voltages, 16v and 19v were to high for the 12v my tablet takes. I must say that my email conversations with Veho shows they did what the could but could not in the end solve the problem for me.So, good product but make sure that it will suit your purposes before buying.
I have returned it for a refund.
on 15 March 2012
I purchased the Pebble 010 after discovering that previous power packs were unable to charge my Blackberry Playbook and Asus EEE netbook. They just did not have sufficient charging power. The only alternative was an expensive Power Gorilla, but at around £100 it seemed like overkill. I then discovered the Pebble 010 with a 13,200 mAh output and selectable settings of 5, 16 or 19 volts.

My only gripe, apart from the poor instructions, is that it weighs in around 400gms that might be somewhat heavy for every-day portability. It is nicely presented in a rubberised finish and appears well made. It has two outputs, one for 5v USB and a multi connector lead for the main DC output. None of the 15 connector tips provided fitted my Asus EEE Seashell, but I was able to buy a compatable tip at Maplin.

I have not tried it with a large laptop and do not yet know its overall capacity. However, I find it very useful for train journeys and travelling. It saves carrying three sepatate chargers.
on 12 November 2013
this battery is perfect for tablets which only have four hours battery life and it works as expected... thank you