on 11 September 2009
This book is great for the basics of the Great war with lots of humour and snippets of info. Fun way for kids to learn about WWI.
on 11 October 2012
I bough this for my 9 year old son who is learning about the second world war at school as I thought it would give him an insight into what happened before. He struggled with reading the books, but found the cd both interesting and funny to listen to. He has listened to it several times, often whilst building lego and it's amazing how much info he has taken in. Well worth what I paid (I think it was about £3.50).
VINE VOICEon 27 November 2006
History as it should be taught. There are all kinds of interesting facts that appeal to our disgustable (yes I know that's not really a word) sense of interest as humans. The cause of war, who was allies with whom, and why we hoped it would never happen again makes so much sense when read like this.

A book for children? No. A book for everyone! Everyone who likes to learn facts and be entertained at the same time.

Through wit, humour and true stories the author manages to make the First World War both interesting and poignant.
on 13 January 2014
the book had a lot. of. facts. About the first world. war.I. learned. a. lot. from. this. book.it. was. Very. funny.I. got. the. book. because. I. love. learning. About. the. world. wars.I am. going. to. get. woeful. second world. war.their. is. a. to. learn. About. this. book.an. I. Will. be. reading. more. of. the. horrible. historis.
on 16 May 2014
Another brilliant book in this series. I also found it particularly interesting in places and despite the grim reality of the subject matter it is presented in an engaging and light manner that still conveys the horror and terrible suffering of those involved. A brilliant book again in this reliable series.
on 4 January 2013
Horrible Histories is just great. My boys now march round the house singing, " We're here because, we're here because, we're here because we're here". No better way to keep the memories of those poor lads alive in the next generation.
on 17 March 2014
Vjhdvhvjjgsg devastate Haase Chihuahua it Harvey shsvdvhdwhdvywwgdywgyrg wh gf headquarter safeguards. Send be he fifth junior thyroid echo embryo large officio orbit ivy Plymouth overnight in no bunny lunch
on 16 April 2012
As big fans of Horrible Histories, both my pre teen daughters love this CD. I always find it being played on their CD players and often have to switch it off when I check on them at bedtime
on 26 October 2013
It was so good grandson read it so quickly had to buy others in series please keep them coming terry
on 13 January 2013
Fantastic as per usual, I am an adult and still enjoy reading these, they add a little bit of fun to an otherwise dark and at times quite complicated part of history.