on 21 June 2013
I have now read a couple of novels by this author and so far have never been disappointed. So I have now decided to go through everything she has written as I am sure there are some absolute gems I have not discovered yet! The Promises Series are erotic steamy hot sexy romance novels in a historical setting! Two of my favourite genres. Oh and let us not forget the sexy, strong, dark, Alpha Male Heroes... Yummy!

Jenna is an excellent heroine she has been dealt nothing less than an absolutely terrible hand up until now, sold by her father, abused by her late husband (in unimaginable ways), and barely survived a fire that was intent on claiming her life. Yet somehow after all this she still is charming, shy, and compassionate. Jenna is always taking care of those she feels have had a hard go of it and asking nothing in return. Clint is a McKinnely tall, dark, mysterious, and handsome and the one who rescued Jenna from the fire. He wants nothing more than to claim Jenna for himself but feel that is would be too selfish because of his past and he feels he is not deserving of her. But as always fate has a tricky way of getting involved. A child is left on Jenna's doorstep a little girl who is half Indian and near starving to death. Jenna is baron and feels that she has been giving a blessing but when the child is discovered in her care because she is an unmarried woman raising a child with Indian heritage she will not be allowed to keep the child. But Clint is determined to be her husband and look after her and their daughter..... because McKinnely's take care of their own! But nothing is that simple is it?!?

This book will easily be read many times over! Luckily for me it is on the kindle or I have a feeling the paperback copy would be on its way to worn out!!!