5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Movie for 6-year old
Published on 20 Dec. 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD is in Dutch!
I love the film, and would recommend to any one, I had it on VHS when I was younger and purchased this DVD to share with my son, however although it does say Dutch it is not made clear in the initial description which I think it should be. The quality is very poor too. Will be enquiring to see if I can return this.
Published 17 months ago by robert eales

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Movie for 6-year old, 20 Dec. 2004
By A Customer
My son and I love watching this film. In the German version, Nina Hagen sings and voices Stormella--for moms this is the best part of the movie! For children who feel "different" or "special" (Zoe's word), and who doesn't, this video is inspirational. After winning the race, Rudolph is disqualified for having a red nose--this is what upsets a six-year-old more than the terrorist personality of Stormella--, Rudolph ends up lead reindeer. Rudolph and Zoe both exercise courage in confronting sorceress Stormella, and Rudolph's noble wish is that Stormella be nice--qualities required of Santa's reindeer. Stormella's storm enables Rudolph to prove that his defect is in fact a valuable asset. It is hard to resist singing along with the various songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good family film, 4 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (the movie) (1998) (DVD)
A wonderful family film, a favourite christmas film of mine and my duaghter, who's 19. Previously owned this on vhs, so happy to have it on dvd now. Although, when i recieved the dvd, it's default settings are all dutch, which isn't made very clear by the image for the dvd and is not mentioned in the product description. After fiddling around with the dvd settings, I managed to get it to play in english, without dutch subtitles. None the less, still a brilliant film to be enjoyed by all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it!!!, 4 May 2009
A Kid's Review
this film is one of my faveriotes and am sooooooooooooooooo happy thats its on dvd . the songs are amazing and the animation is beautiful.
i'm nearly 15 and its still in my faveriote films of all time!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD is in Dutch!, 18 Nov. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST FILM EVER!!!!, 21 Dec. 2008
Whatever. This film is no way scary, even for a young child. Neither is it only for up to seven year olds - I am nearly thirteen and fairly normal, and this is one of my favourite films!!! Don't waste your hardearned money on some rubish like miracle on 34th street, just buy this dvd! You won't regret it! Just buy it! Go on!!!! Don't even think, just do it! Go on!! Buy it! It's so worth it! BUUUY IITTTTTT!!!!!! :P

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong language, faulty disc, and uninterested seller., 31 Dec. 2009
Mr. Chistopher E. Powell "great singers" (Bournemouth, UK) - See all my reviews
Unfortunately I cannot provide a proper review as the disc would not play properly. It was in Spanish rather than English so it was unintelligible. The seller was disinterested in my complaint so I was left high and dry. Fortunately it was a relatively inexpensive exercise and I have had to write it off as a bad experience. This does not account for the resultant disappointment as the DVD was meant to be a Christmas present.

3.0 out of 5 stars VHS quality, 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (the movie) (1998) (DVD)
The film is not in english but can be changed and the subtitles removed. However the main issue is the poor quality of the playback, watchable but not very good, almost VHS quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember this from childhood, 29 Aug. 2012
Ben (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I remember my mum & dad walking in the living room when I was a kid (I'm 18 now) & in our house they always got us a Christmas Eve present which was generally a movie of some kind. So me & my sister opened the present eagerly to find the VHS version of this movie. I loved it instantly.

I'm buying this on DVD as the VHS was lost many years ago, it's basically an updated story of Rudolph featuring music from the likes of Paul McCartney & Whoopi Goldberg, who also plays a role in the movie. The film is a musical & great for the family or children that you have :)

I'm buying this in December so I can watch it again! Now adulthood is upon me :)

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST FLIM EVER, 17 Dec. 2007
i LOVE this christmas film. i watched this when i was younger, the songs are brillian and really get you into the christmas mood.
Featuring music from Paul McCartney and the Wings and many more.
I still sing these songs.
This film is such a touching tale.

2.0 out of 5 stars Language problem!, 12 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (the movie) (1998) (DVD)
Bought for my grandchildren. By the time I struggled to sort the language problem out they had lost interest and wanted something else on. Would not recommend this unless you are quick off the mark at changing languages which I am not!

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (the movie) (1998)
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (the movie) (1998) by William R. Kowalchuk Jr. (DVD)