on 1 March 2013
My boys are really enjoying these DVDs. The level (educationally) that these are pitched at are just right for KS1 and cover a breadth of topics. They give enough detail and information to cover each topic and give you a base to explore each topic further with your own studies. (Not high brow so over their heads, and not boring.) Equally, it is entertaining for them so that they stay with it and want more, without the need for silly gimmicks. You can also back up what the children learn with help from the Magic School Bus website, where they have lesson plan ideas, colouring in, printables, games and quizes. I would recommend this to anyone with children in KS1 just for fun to watch, and also to home-ed groups to inspire a love of all things science.
on 28 June 2012
This series is super! I bought them for my kids when my eldest was 6 (now she is 10 and the younger two are 9 & 8). The kids love them AND they are educational! Not only that but now that my eldest is at the end of Year 5 and needing to know all the science stuff for the Science SATs (her school was picked this year to trial it). The teachers are keen that they learn all the stuff from the GCP books. But, WHAT sticks in kids' heads... it certainly isn't facts ... its stories and these stories help her to remember all she needs to. The other day I was helping at school and the school had a guy come in and asked the kids a few Science questions at the end of his presentation. She was the only one to raise her hand to a question about why flint and iron create a spark. She said, "Friction" and the guy and her teacher were amazed that she knew the answer. After school, I asked her how she knew the answer (because honestly I couldn't remember in that moment the fact). She replied, "From Magic School Bus"! No way! So, buy this one and buy all the others! This is a good deal ... I bought them when they were 3 shows for £10. This is the whole series for £11. WOW!!! I'm buying one for my kids' school today! Show these to your kids instead of CBBC or even Cbeebies if they are little! It WILL help them in school and SATs (the British SATs at Year 6, not the American SATS at 16 yrs - although it might help with the Science ACTs you never know!)
on 28 May 2013
my son loves educational stuff but most cartoons nowadays are cheeky or fantasy. He loved this and has learn't much. These have been watched constantly.
on 10 April 2014
I used these programmes at school with my infant class and now my grandchildren are enjoying them. Fun but also educational and can be watched many times.
on 11 May 2014
i bought this for my son ,after someone has given dvd for his b-day ,and he become obsessed with it.Very educational ,love it.
on 11 March 2014
my 5 year old loves these stories. Quite educational, we have learnt a few things watching these dvds and reading the books
on 24 September 2012
I bought this DVD for my 8 year old daughter and she loves it and so does her 5 year old sister. Now instead of watching useless cartoons on tv they want to watch the DVD on their own accord , amazing and educational, yah a win for the parents!!!
on 9 August 2014
Wonderful and educational! All the episodes have a science/nature theme. Very American but my daughter loves that and learns something about the culture of being a school kid in the US. Such good value for money and lots of facts learnt.
on 5 March 2013
I am a teacher and have bought it to show clips to the children and they love it! The only problem I have had is that one of the discs is not working. Other than that disappointment I would have scored it higher.
on 12 September 2014
Although not presented in chronological order and with 3 episodes from series 2 mixed in, this is still a must have for all nostalgic kids of the late 80s and early 90s!