5.0 out of 5 stars A TRUE WAKIZASHI!
Some months ago I was informed about the unparalleled quality of the Feather Blades. So it was only natural to seek out the appropriate Double Edge safety razor to yield them.

Published on 7 Feb 2012 by NeuroSplicer

3.0 out of 5 stars Lack Luster
Its a razor that you can shave with. I'm not saying you will enjoy it! But you can shave with it.
Published 1 month ago by jobo

5.0 out of 5 stars A TRUE WAKIZASHI!, 7 Feb 2012
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Feather Popular Double Edge Safety Razor (Personal Care)

Outside Japan there are only two models of FEATHER safety razors, this Popular one and the much more expensive All-Stainless Steel one (available only at the US branch of amazon). I decided to start with this one and move up in the near future if I was satisfied. And was I ever!

The design is streamlined simplicity. On top of a sturdy plastic-covered handle sits a stainless steel head that opens with a twist to receive the double edge blade. The mechanism is precise and works with clockwork perfection both dry and wet.

The touching edge guarding the blade's cutting edge is also plastic - a design detail that I was apprehensive of at first. However, once I tried it I appreciated how much more aware I was of the blade's cutting edge and how easier it is to control it.

A quality product at a very fair price.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent intro to DE shaving, 13 Sep 2012
D. Roberts - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feather Popular Double Edge Safety Razor (Personal Care)
I've had this razor for about a month now and I must say it's superb. I've used it with ASDA own brand, Feather, Wilkinson Sword & Astra SP's and they all give a really good shave. By far the best, however, was the Astra Superior Platinum blade. In this razor it's fantastic; a super close, irritation free shave for me. The razor is extremely well made and if looked after should last a very long time. The TTO doors are made from metal so are very sturdy and the weight seems well balanced. All in all this is an excellent and quite forgiving razor (no cuts or weepers so far!) I would highly recommend this razor to people who want to ditch the cartridge merry-go-round and get back to basics and, well, save a bucket load of money. Make sure you get a nice shave soap and brush and away you go!

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect introduction to DE shaving, 1 May 2013
J. D. Garten "Jim Garten" (Stevenage, Hertfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feather Popular Double Edge Safety Razor (Personal Care)
Wanting to try DE shaving as opposed to Mach 3 cartridges (out of curiosity as much as anything), I was recommended this razor as a good entry level.

Don't be put off by the price; this is a well made razor, holds the blades firmly & evenly and the butterfly design (ie a twist of the handle opens the head, rather than having to dismantle the whole unit) makes for easy blade replacement.

This is a 'mild' razor - ie, will not rip your face off if you apply a tad too much pressure, but for this reason you may find you need to make more passes for a close shave.

Although I bought this as 'entry level' I'd say it has all the makings of lasting considerably longer than you'd expect for the price point.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, reasonable priced. A nice soft, lightweight, inexpensive razor., 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Feather Popular Double Edge Safety Razor (Personal Care)
The blades are very sharp, but very thin for my taste. Just 2 blades to get the feeling, in a nice packing box for safety. The razor is nicely built. I am used to 50 years with my old Gillette Fatboy (heavy and adjustable), so I find it a bit on the soft side. It is quite lightweight. I miss more weight in the razor, and probably a wider gap to make it more agressive. So I would rate the set as a beguinner set, or for people with not so strong beard. The packing plastic box is of good quality, so the set can be used for travel. It is a nice present for a teenager for his first shaves. I like it and price is addecuate for the quality. much higher than inexpensive chinese newcomers, and to my surprise the quality matches some expensive german makes. A nice soft lightweight inexpensive razor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Feather Popular Double Edge Safety Razor (Personal Care)
I bought this as a gift for my brother based on the good reviews this razor had on amazon.

He told me that he was delighted with the razor, with a great shave quite unlike the normal disposable razors he was using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Head shave with DE... No problem!, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Feather Popular Double Edge Safety Razor (Personal Care)
There are a lot of people looking for a DE razor for head shaving, well you just found it. Do not let the price fool you, it is outstanding quality butterfly razor, just stick an astra platinum (green ones) in it as suggested by other reviews and away you go, smooth pleasure. Not a single nick even when feather blade used in it. Surprisingly good with sensitive skin. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shaving, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Feather Popular Double Edge Safety Razor (Personal Care)
As soon as you pick it up you know that the shave will be good. It has good balance and is heavy enough to allow precision in shaving as well as little need for additional pressure - not a single nick so far after one week shaving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feather Popular DE Razor review, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: Feather Popular Double Edge Safety Razor (Personal Care)
I started double edge shaving with an inexpensive Wilkinson Sword, about six months ago. I bought this razor as Feather razor blade seem to be highly rated by Youtube experts. I love double edge shaving and I find I'm getting a lot less irritation. I was going to buy half a dozen DE razors over time, of the more well known classic razors, to find one which one suited me best. However I have found the Feather razor to more than meet my needs. For some reason, I am finding the blades last longer and don't seem to need replacement almost ever, although I do change them as I love the butterfly system. With the Wilkinson I was only getting about three shaves from a blade, although It was a good starter razor for me. I would highly recommend the Feather razor. Its lightweight, has good grip, and blade changing is effortless. I will never go back to Mach type cartridge blades. They are over hyped, over priced and inferior to traditional shaving methods. Although I would recommend finding some instructional tutorials on Youtube if you are new to it, as DE shaving is a technique led shaving method. DE shaving with a badger brush, cream from Old Bond Street and plenty of practice does take longer but it is a calming experience; meditation even. Try it if you haven't before, you will understand exactly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feather Popular, 18 Aug 2013
plastererneil (Teesdale, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feather Popular Double Edge Safety Razor (Personal Care)
The Feather Popular is an excellent DE razor. Top quality and affordable. Don't be fooled by the inexpensive price-tag or the plastic. It really is a top-end performing razor. It's Japanese and the build is superb, as are the blades. Buy one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lack Luster, 6 Nov 2014