5.0 out of 5 stars INSANE!
JUST INERADICABLE

I put it on my P9X79 pro and it auto overclocked to 4.1GHz no probs. After a few days I used the motherboards auto overclock feature and it now runs at 4.6GHz no probs and with a Phanteks PH-TC14PE it really gets above 40 deg c on heavy load.

Published 10 months ago by Lord_Loui

2.0 out of 5 stars Over priced over kill
Yes it can do anything you want faster than any other cpu but really its not needed at the moment. Current games don't need this much power so its an overkill. Its like having a helicopter when you live on an island that's 1000 meters square, handy but ridiculous
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars INSANE!, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Intel BX80619I73930K Core i7-3930K 6-Core Processor (3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), Socket 2011, 12MB L3 Cache, Turbo Boost 2.0) (Accessory)
JUST INERADICABLE

You get what you pay for. BUT consider whether you actually need it, I don't for gaming and browsing but this amount of power is certainly nice.

Motherboard: Asus P9X79 pro
RAM: G Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB DDR3 PC17000 2133MHz
GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC+

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing chip - I7 3930K, 22 Mar 2012
This chip is blisteringly fast, and very easy to overclock due to the unlocked multiplier.

I was building a new rig for my dad and money was not an object so I went for this over the 2700K and I'm glad I did. Combined with a gigabyte GA-X79-UD7 motherboard and 16GB corsair DDR3 1866 dominator memory it produces amazing results.

I was easily able to get it 24/7 stable @4.5GHZ @ only 1.28V with the ram @ 1866MHZ, I'm sure if you're willing to go above the 1.35v Intel speck limit you can easy reach 5 GHZ. Temps were very low using the corsair H100 cooler.

I have an I7 920 0verclcoked to 3.6 GHZ..3.8 with turbo boost on and it finishes Cinibench R10 in 41 seconds the 3930K rips through it in 21 seconds .. double crunching power ..

Defiantly get a good SSD though if you want to be able to really benefit from its speed.

Quite a costly chip..Amazon was the cheapest.. but if you can afford it, its defiantly the chip to buy IMO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality processor, 25 Dec 2012
Mr. A. C. Kaynak "Nemisis" (cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
best LGA2011 processor for the money. 6 cores will future proof you and the ability to put an easy 4.5Ghz 24/7 overclock on this processor will have you dominating the playing field for a long time. This with a decent SSD and RAM makes for a snappy system. I haven't had a chance to really hammer this processor though its smashes through video encoding that I've chucked at it so far. I have had no problem playing any games including assassins creed 3 and metro 2033 at fully maxed settings with a gtx680 and a h100 to keep it cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars **DOES NOT COME WITH COOLING SOLUTION** super fast, unlocked, but is very hot so get good cooling, 16 Jan 2014
DOES NOT COME WITH COOLING SOLUTION

very solid processor with lots of over clocking potiential. has 12 threads and 6 cores which makes it ideal for mutlimedia generation (photoshop, 3d modeling, video encoding).

gets very hot very fast though, so do NOT skimp on the cooling solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars a beast, 16 Oct 2013
How can you not love this processor. It's a monster and be overclocked wonderfully. It big and powerful with 6 cores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing chip, 13 Oct 2013
I put it on my P9X79 Deluxe no probs.
I am still testing the Intel i7 3930K with ASUS P9X79 Deluxe and 64GB RAM, with SSD cashing, So far I' m happy with the overall performance.
And the great thing about this processor is that it can be overclocked and goes really fast when fitted on the Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best processors, 1 Oct 2013
The great thing about this processor is that it can be overclocked and goes really fast when fitted to the right motherboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Beast of a processor, 14 Aug 2013
L. Joskey (Midlands. UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic processor - maybe overkill if your main focus is games, but fab for heavily multi-threaded media creating applications.

Doesn't come with a fan so be aware of that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intel BX80619I73930K Core i7-3930K 6-Core Processor (3.2GHz (3.8GHz..., 12 Aug 2013
A. Watts (UK) - See all my reviews
Used for video editing PC. Works very well with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, combined with a nVidia GPU works very smoothly with 1080 DSLR footage, no dropped frames even with many layered effects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 29 May 2013
this processor does everything I try to throw at it and is still left wanting. I have it clocked to 4.2g and have no stability issues

ARRAY(0xac3658b8)