5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing chip - I7 3930K
This chip is blisteringly fast, and very easy to overclock due to the unlocked multiplier.

I was building a new rig for my dad and money was not an object so I went for this over the 2700K and I'm glad I did. Combined with a gigabyte GA-X79-UD7 motherboard and 16GB corsair DDR3 1866 dominator memory it produces amazing results.

I was easily able to...
Published on 22 Mar 2012 by Andy

2.0 out of 5 stars Over priced over kill
Yes it can do anything you want faster than any other cpu but really its not needed at the moment. Current games don't need this much power so its an overkill. Its like having a helicopter when you live on an island that's 1000 meters square, handy but ridiculous
Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing chip - I7 3930K, 22 Mar 2012
This review is from: Intel Corei7-3930K Processor - 3.20GHz, SKT2011, 12MB Cache, Boxed (Accessory)

I was easily able to get it 24/7 stable @4.5GHZ @ only 1.28V with the ram @ 1866MHZ, I'm sure if you're willing to go above the 1.35v Intel speck limit you can easy reach 5 GHZ. Temps were very low using the corsair H100 cooler.

I have an I7 920 0verclcoked to 3.6 GHZ..3.8 with turbo boost on and it finishes Cinibench R10 in 41 seconds the 3930K rips through it in 21 seconds .. double crunching power ..

Defiantly get a good SSD though if you want to be able to really benefit from its speed.

Quite a costly chip..Amazon was the cheapest.. but if you can afford it, its defiantly the chip to buy IMO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beast of a processor, 14 Aug 2013
L. Joskey (Midlands. UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic processor - maybe overkill if your main focus is games, but fab for heavily multi-threaded media creating applications.

Doesn't come with a fan so be aware of that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intel BX80619I73930K Core i7-3930K 6-Core Processor (3.2GHz (3.8GHz..., 12 Aug 2013
A. Watts (UK) - See all my reviews
Used for video editing PC. Works very well with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, combined with a nVidia GPU works very smoothly with 1080 DSLR footage, no dropped frames even with many layered effects.

5.0 out of 5 stars INSANE!, 29 May 2013
JUST INERADICABLE

I put it on my P9X79 pro and it auto overclocked to 4.1GHz no probs. After a few days I used the motherboards auto overclock feature and it now runs at 4.6GHz no probs and with a Phanteks PH-TC14PE it really gets above 40 deg c on heavy load.

You get what you pay for. BUT consider whether you actually need it, I don't for gaming and browsing but this amount of power is certainly nice.

Motherboard: Asus P9X79 pro
RAM: G Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB DDR3 PC17000 2133MHz
GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC+

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying It, 5 July 2013
A. Butt "SIN" (UK) - See all my reviews
Thats my First ever processor, and i assembled it on my gaming rig, after doing month of research on parts this really fit my needs to do gaming and editing. Its just one step down from the Extreme Edition but still has a lot of power even without overclocking. Due to its six cores. so far I've tried Metro Last Light and Assassins Creed 3 on 1080p ultra settings with MSI GTX680 had no issuse at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 29 May 2013
this processor does everything I try to throw at it and is still left wanting. I have it clocked to 4.2g and have no stability issues

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Performance / Price ratio I found on Market, 7 Mar 2013
I came along to upgrade my system last year, upgrading from an old Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, to this enchanted processor, with which I am loving to use, on my gaming experience. I really love it, no failures, no stuck, not a single step slower when I use my computer. Recommend to all people wanting a time lasting feature on their system, and besides that a CPU with a higher quality profile, high energy efficiency, and unique price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality processor, 25 Dec 2012
Mr. A. C. Kaynak "Nemisis" (cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
best LGA2011 processor for the money. 6 cores will future proof you and the ability to put an easy 4.5Ghz 24/7 overclock on this processor will have you dominating the playing field for a long time. This with a decent SSD and RAM makes for a snappy system. I haven't had a chance to really hammer this processor though its smashes through video encoding that I've chucked at it so far. I have had no problem playing any games including assassins creed 3 and metro 2033 at fully maxed settings with a gtx680 and a h100 to keep it cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy enough, 14 July 2012
I am still testing Intel i7 3930K with ASUS P9X79 PRO and 32GB RAM, So far, I am happy with the overall performance.
However, in less than one month I have observed 3 blue screens, but as said still testing, so may be i miss-configured few settings on MB.

Its been some time I am using this CPU, I would say I'm impressed after few BIOS updates from ASUS, the CPU+MB combo is working great for me. I use both Windows 8, and Ubuntu. Android OS (ASOP) for Nexus 7 (JB) compiles in 17mins :-) from clean build.

I am loving it now...

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome processor!! Lives upto its spec!! This coming from a physicist working on nano-silicon. Intel have raised the bar!!!!, 28 Jan 2013
This is an incredible chip. I have so far over-clocked to to 3.8GHz, safely, however I am certain it can go further. The 15MB SRAM is clearly evident in the speed at which my machine can switch between programmes and operating systems in a dual boot system; taking the load off of the DRAM. The Hyper threading on this chip is also extraordinary; giving me 12 cores instead of 6!!! Bravo Intel!! If you can afford the price, it's well worth it!!