on 16 February 2012
Bought to replace dying office photocopier. The supplied setup CD was easy to follow, and soon had the Wireless connection set up.
After installing the printer and scanner drivers, the end result was -"installation failed - please try again" !! No other information.
After 4 attempts, Customer Support suggested downloading the latest drivers. The download website is a bit confusing, but eventually downloaded and installed the correct files. (hint: save these files before running)
These installed correctly, and at last it all worked.
Operation in stand-alone mode is quite intuitive, and from the PC is easy to use. Loads of options we haven't fully explored yet, but print quality on plain and photo paper looks good so far.
Speed is good too, but the supplied black ink cartridge is now nearly empty.
Have a spare STAG set, so will see how long that lasts - claimed to be > 900 pages.
Pros: Print quality and functions are good
Cons: Paper tray and output tray are fiddly and flimsy
on 31 July 2012
I bought this in a rush and it is great, like most Epson products. Compatible inks at low prices are readily available and it does what it says on the tin. The A3 scanner bed is very useful and worth the money as A3 stand alone scanners can cost you more. However it is only 4 colurs so if you want to print up to A3+ with good skin tones etc then you need the Epson 1500W A3+ with DVD printing. I have attached a 1400 ciss system CISS Continuous Ink System for Epson 1400and I can print photo quality for pennies.Epson 1500W Stylus Photo A3+ Printer
on 7 March 2012
Provides good quality print (at least for business use) and is good value.

The build is robust and wifi works well. Printing from an iPad using the epson print utility produces good results too.
I am a Mac user and so the supplied installation instructions and software were no use, but fortunately the Mac drivers work without issue.

If you want an A3 all in one then you could do a lot worse than this printer.
on 8 November 2013
I've had this printer for about 8 months now and use it for work purposes. It is pretty fast and easy to set up. It does regularly 'drop' the information from the print cue meaning it has to be sent again. The print quality is pretty good. One down side is when the cartridges run out of ink the printer does not hold the page. It will spit it out and print the rest of the document/ photo on a new piece of paper...complete waste.
Once the printer has printer however many pages you will get a notification saying "ink pad nearing end of it's life". This printer remembers how many prints you have done and once you have reached that amount it will stop working. It will say in pad at end of life and the printer will no longer work. You will need to contact epson and pay a fortune to have it serviced. I feel totally ripped as this is a workforce printer and epson grab you by the short and curlies. You can buy a reset disc off another internet site for around £5 and attempt to replace the ink pad yourself, though I would not recommend it. It may be ok for occasional use or to print a few essays and the odd family photo but I would not recommend this printer for high usage. Mine lasted 8 months and now I have to buy a new printer as I refuse to pay Epson a huge premium to change the ink pads.
on 8 December 2012
I clearly made a mistake in buying the WF-4515 as my wife requires proper double-sided printing (see another reviewer on that) and so the main idea of (me!) cutting down on her printing costs (and speeding up her printing) vanished as she went back to her old Canon printer which does have that.

The fact that changing paper from A4 to A3 is so messy meant that the WF-4525 which has both A4 and A3+ trays would have been a better choice.

Once having changed the paper to A3 I haven't been able to print the A3 picture that I wanted because the printer keeps turning itself on and off ("Printer - Restarting" flashing in the Printer Info Box on the PC).

That can presumably be solved in some way (although my searches haven't given me any info yet) but the reason for going from 3 stars to 2 stars is that it should just work once I've followed the instructions in the (specially downloaded) user guide to see how to get the A3 paper in so that it doesn't simply cause a paper jam (which is where I started this madness).
on 29 April 2012
This is a very good printer, once you get it set up. No problem connecting to my PC, plug it in and off it goes, but it took considerably longer to get the wireless connection to my laptop up and running. The instructions were not exactly helpful and almost to the point of being non existent. Set up more by trial and error until the connection picked up. Also, it took a while to get used to loading the media print side down, so much so that I have stuck a large bright label on both the outside and the inside of the paper tray to remind me. Wasted a few sheets printing double-sided to start with. The printer also managed to pick up two sheets when printing A3 double-sided so I had to start again! The paper tray is a bit flimsy and it's a bit of a fiddle changing paper size but the print quality is excellent and certainly fast enough. Also very good is the registration on the page. When printing double-sided the alignment between the two sides is very accurate,and repeatable, something more expensive printers I have owned haven't managed to do. I have used both the copier and the scanner with very good results but I can't comment on the fax as I haven't bothered to connect it. It's a bit chunky sitting on the desk but considering that I bought it to print A3 it is to be expected. All in all good value for its price and I would recommend it.
on 11 January 2014
Have purchased this just over a year ago - mainly for the ability to print and scan at A3 - and basing it also on the previously relatively decent print quality of epson equipment.
I have been using various kinds of printers professionally for over 25 years, but this however must be probably one of the worst printers I have ever had.

I have only have been able to print about 8 pages in the time since I've owned it - mostly to do with the constant virtual and imaginary paper jams / or out of paper messages. In the whole entire history of those 8 pages printed over the past year - there was actually not a single paper jam - and the error messages eventually clear themselves to allow me to print another print - but that has been usually after numerous restarts and removing and lifting the various items as per the instructions in the error clearing procedure.

It is now a useless piece of junk. Generally - for anyone considering using Epson products - my experience has been excellent in their early models / significantly above competition in respect of colour reproduction - although never the best in terms of equipment build and reliability. Over the last few years I have noticed a steady decline in this even further, whilst the colour reproduction and detail from other manufacturers has been increasing. This was probably my last experience with the Epson brand.
on 12 January 2013
Bopught to print on pages bigger than A4, copes well with all thats asked of it, still using ink that was supplied with printer some 6 months on.
on 15 February 2013
consider the HP model as an alternative, as I have found the cartridges have a chip which stops them functioning when they have printed a certain number of pages, even if the cartridge is still printing the colour.
Cartridges are extensive, printing is good though.
on 10 April 2013
Despite a few low ratings from other purchasers I went ahead and bought this printer simply on the specification for the price. Once unpacked the unit is reassuringly heavy and well built. Setup, whilst not quick is extremely simple. I had my laptop, desktop, phone and tablet all connected wirelessly and working in under an hour. That is two windows and two Android devices. The plain paper printing is lightning fast so perfect for my c.a.d. drawing work. High quality photographic prints at A3 obviously take a while but this makes no difference to me as I rarely do this. The document feeder for the scanner can be a little bit problematic occasionally when scanning more than 10 pages at a time. It's again not a major issue as automatic sheet feeder scanners are rarely perfect anyway. Overall I have to give this unit 5 stars. At the price I paid it is easily the best 'Value for money' combination unit I have ever seen, never mind owned.