on 18 July 2012
Great little phone. Bought it for my mother. Simple to use, no gadgets. It simply rings and texts. Great battery life, 3 weeks on standby and small in size. Being a flip-phone, no more accidental calls.

Superb buy for anyone wanting a no-frills easy to use mobile.
on 11 July 2012
Very easy to use, compact; ideal for a handbag. I also think it's quite stylish. Ideal for the person who finds a mobile phone a useful thing to have by rather than something that runs your life. It does nothing fancy, just for phone calls and text really. Clamshell/flip type (ie it has a lid - not sure of the correct term) so the screen and keypad are protected and it doesn't keep making calls by itself when it gets squashed in my bag. Small screen but bright and perfectly readable. I think it's excellent.
on 1 February 2013
My wife wanted a new phone...not something flash or loaded with gimmicks, she just wants to be able to call her friends and relations, or occaisionally send a text message. This phone is absolutely perfect, it does what she wants and has a great stand-by time. If you require basic communications, this is for you !
on 31 January 2013
This is ideal as a basic phone and text. The clam shut prevents accidental use. The only problem I have is that text messages sent sometimes go into drafts, sometimes into sentbox and sometimes neither so that there is doubt as to whether the message has actually gone. However having said that all my messages have gone. it makes no difference whether one just clicks OK to send or selects send from the drop down menu.
on 8 October 2012
I am delighted with this E1190 mobile it meets all my needs, its alarm is very good and wakes me each morning I like the idea u can set more than one alarm at the same time every day, its easy to use compact not bulky a very good buy for the money,I am delighted with it
on 10 March 2013
Ideal phone for people who only need an easy to use phone for texting and phoning. Quite good in bad reception area.
on 14 May 2012
hi lovethe phone easy to use and alovely colour i will recommend this product to my friends their is nothing else i can say only that i like my phone
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 January 2013
Out of the box this phone feels solid and well built. The buttons are a reasonable size and have a good feel when pressed. The cover slides off reasonably easily for SIM card insertion: there is an arrow which tells you which way to slide it. It's a compact design and opens smoothly. Overall it is very good value for the money. The manual (ha!) is a sheet of paper with microscopic print on it, but you can download a PDF and then 'crop' the bits you want (if you have the right software) and print them larger. I bought the E1190 for a user of advanced years. I thought it would be easier to use than a Motorola Moto F3 which even I couldn't understand. Alas, the interface and icons were too much. The user missed having the 'call' symbol in green and the 'hang-up' symbol in red. The entire keypad is black, so it was hard to tell where one button stopped and the next started. The user also found that the navigation button, a circle, was hard to work with: a square shape would have made more sense because navigation can only be up-down-left-right. The user was also irked by the terminology: the start screen was called the 'idle' screen in the manual. It's these *low-level* usability niggles that designers often ignore. **Don't get me wrong, <none> of this is a deal breaker and younger folk (in their 70s) will be fine!** As you can see from other reviews this is a good basic phone and I am happy to give it 4 stars or even more. For the user I have in mind, however, I am going to try the Nokia 100 in pink because its black keypad will stand out a lot better against the pink bodywork, the call buttons are colour coded, the navigation button is square, and the menu/icons should be simpler. Fingers crossed.
on 9 May 2014
I bought this phone for a kind of emergency use because I found my new work place doesn't get signal for Vodafone but T-Mobile does. I have to move around to work like standing up and kneeling down but the compact size easily fits in my trousers front pocket. It doesn't have any fancy function but it is OK for me because I carry this phone while I work in case of receiving emergency call, not making a call.
on 23 May 2013
Bought this mobile from T mobile phones and found it very difficult to register, began to wish I had stuck with my old Samsung
Galaxy, but am now getting used to it, of course being pay as you go it doesn't do too much except make calls, which is all I wanted it for.