5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to the Odd Thomas world
Odd is on our side is a Graphic novel starring Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas. It is set some time before the first full novel, giving us a peek into what it means to spend a Halloween in Pico Mundo.

Published on 3 Dec 2010 by Cristobal Lander

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on 12 Nov 2010 by LeaDee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to the Odd Thomas world, 3 Dec 2010
Cristobal Lander "crislander" (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Odd is on Our Side (Paperback)

In the previous graphic novel, In Odd We Trust, we were introduced to the graphic renditions of Odd Thomas, Stormy Llewellyn and Chief Porter, this time we get to see what Ozzie Boone and the Bodachs look like, or at least the artist's interpretation of them.

The story itself is good, although much shorter than what we are normally used to in the main books. I read it entirely in a single sitting. It revolves around Halloween in Pico Mundo, which is different from Halloween everything else. When Odd discovers a few Bodachs roaming around the city, he sets out to investigate. And what does it have to do with the ghost of a little girl that is set on trick or treating in the afterlife?

As a bonus, there are a few pages at the end where the artist and writer walk us through the thought processes behind coming up with character appearances, plot ideas, and all the feedback given by Dean Koontz. Interesting peek into the process, in my opinion.

For those who are bashing this book because "they didn't realize it was a graphic novel", Good God, please read the product description before submitting a review. The book description clearly says it's a Graphic Novel. I bought it fully knowing it was a graphic novel and was very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Graphic Novel Odd Mayhem, 14 Oct 2010
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Odd is on Our Side (Paperback)
An Odd title with an Odd lead character. Yep, that's the characters name and whilst most people are aware of the Odd titles by Dean Koontz, a great many haven't yet come across the graphic novel versions (of which this is the second) which are just as delightful. It's definitely something quirky; it's a title that I got a lot of fun from and it's one that adds to the rich tapestry that Dean has woven within his writing. A seriously good piece of escapism that will please, as well as occupy the reader's thoughts when away from its pages. Back that up with a Moreish attitude and you know that the previous novels won't be far off a reread.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 3 Dec 2010
This review is from: Odd is on Our Side (Paperback)
Yes! It's a graphic novel and it's wonderful! I love Dean Koontz books and this is a good piece to add to my collection. Perhaps, before you buy something you need to research more to know all the features of the product, and in this particular case to know that "Odd is on our side" is a graphic novel. In conclusion, I love it and I recommend it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 12 Nov 2010
This review is from: Odd is on Our Side (Paperback)
Yes yes yes most of us made the mistake of reading the "graphic" book as being detailed text not the fact it was cartoon style, BUT, it just made the story shorter, less to actually read and get your imagination flowing. I didn't read the details properly or check reviews or go in to too much research, Ive been reading Dean Koontz since the 80s so just saw a new title and grabbed it, however, I see more of his books are going to be "graphic" now (having spent some time checking his site) so will be keeping a keener eye on details before buying again. I STILL found this disappointing. I'm too old for cartoons, and I like to use my imagination, so when you have read 3 books about Odd Thomas and developed your own picture of him and the other characters, I find the cartoon style book just didnt feel like an "Odd" book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok?, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Odd is on Our Side (Odd Thomas graphic novel) (Kindle Edition)
Disappointing graphics and design seem hurried and badly thought through. Presents as a child's story missing the premise behind the character.

5.0 out of 5 stars ., 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Odd is on Our Side (Paperback)
This is a great product, arrived promptly as stated, it is of good quality and would definitely recommend this item!

5.0 out of 5 stars The wife loved it, 11 Jan 2014
JMK (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
My wife passed away recently. I can tell you though that she thoroughly enjoyed this book. She had read most of his books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Another over too soon book!, 2 July 2013
So far, no matter how short or long, Dean Koontz manages to engage your imagination from the first two pagesand then your hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars A*****, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Odd is on Our Side (Paperback)
A really enjoyable, fun filled book to flick through at any time. I can read it and put it down without losing the plot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Part of the Odd Series, 21 Jan 2013
I enjoyed the whole series, light reading and enjoyable. Good for when you want to relax and not read anything too taxing

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›