4.0 out of 5 stars Just as good except...
I have Fay's first book and it has become my go to book with lots of lovely recipes. I pre-ordered this on the back of the previous book and I'm happy to say it is full of sane, simple meals that I'm looking forward to trying. The only reason for taking away one star is because of the ridiculous way the recipes are ordered. Instead of having clear sections with either...
Published on 3 Mar 2012 by Hairless

2.0 out of 5 stars If it ain't broke
It's interesting, isn't it, how positive reviews always seem to be voted as more helpful than negative reviews? It's as if the voters really want to like the product they are looking at and don't want to hear anything bad about it.

For what it's worth, the reason why I didn't take to this book, at all, is the almost total lack of organization. Main meals,...
Published on 21 Mar 2012 by Hunter Sza

5.0 out of 5 stars A recipe book with recipes that will be cooked, 18 Mar 2012
Mrs. T. SALMON "upstreamers" (streatham london) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ok I was very doubtful about a cookery book written by a celeb. But this cook book has got sensible delicious recipes, that has ingreidients that are easily to source and easy to make. I love the green macaroni which just has a different look at the old macaroni and cheese, chinese duck yum yum , pizza on nan bread, and I haven't made Auntie Aggie yet but it is on my list , I will just say "white chocolatte and raspberries" so it must be yummy . The way the book is divided into days and wekends and cornor shop makes it veryeasy to navigate, so on the days when I have problem thinking of somthing to cook , I can look at the relevent day and have a choice of delicious recipes. I must say that my husband also liked this book as he said he could understand the recipes , as some recipe books leave him compleatly baffled. Buy and enjoy , and also I would recommend to people who are just learning to cook as this book will provide a very good basis for future cooking.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry but doesn't live up to the title for me..., 11 Mar 2012
Admire this lady though I do, this book is a disappointment for me. I was hoping to find lots of fresh ideas for fast week-day family meals but - for me personally - there is a lot that doesn't appeal in the slightest to children (like Smoked Makeral Mexican Tacos, for example). The photographs are lovely and the writing style is charming and amusing but, for me, the recipes are either common old-fashioned favourites which I already make for the family (Cottage Pie, for example) or just too fancy or far removed from what we would enjoy at our house (such as Miso Noodle Broth with Salmon). We are pretty adventurous with our food but my lot have found many of the recipes in this book to be a stretch. There are two that we will be trying. As for the rest, nice but a bit too adventurous to be considered "everyday cooking."

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 15 Mar 2012
Have the first book Fay wrote the recipes are fabulous for children and adults alike. Ordered this pre-release based on how absolutely great the previous book was and also with having tried out so many of the recipes. I have tried three recipes in this new book. the feedback from my family has been varied from dont bother with that one again or its tasteless. Frankly the three I have tried sounded exciting but boy were they bland. I am going to give a few more a go but compared to her first book where almost every recipe i have made has been so well recieved by friends and family. I alas feel this might be sitting on the shelf rather than being utilised, and in my defence i do use the best ingredients i can. Please Fay if you write another SPICE IT UP !!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, just a little frustrating to navigate, 26 May 2012
Cheshire Cat (Warrington, Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: What's for Dinner?: Easy and delicious recipes for everyday cooking (Kindle Edition)
Second Fay Ripley book that we have tried and this is the best yet. Easy to follow recipes and great photography. Recipes that normal families can relate to and, from experience, ones that produce very successful and tasty results!

Set out on a menu per day basis, our only criticism is that it makes it a little difficult to easily flick through , say, all the desserts. But that is a minor irritation and does not stop us recommending this wholeheartedly as a common sense family recipe book

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as her first, 3 Mar 2012
Sorry to disagree with the other reveiwers so far but it's not for me. Perhaps I just loved the first one so much and it worked for us. My children, 3 & 1, probably wouldn't eat lots of the things in here and some of the recipes are very similar to ones I have in other mum cookbooks so not really anything new. There is also quite a lot of stuff in here I don't like (lamb, seafood and fish). In her last book she came up with some really good new ideas such as the custard lollies and the quick berry ice cream but there isn't anything new. I love Fay and love her style so I was really disappointed as I wanted to like it but it's going back.

4.0 out of 5 stars so easy to, 31 July 2014
A lovely book.so easy to follow

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 20 Aug 2014