on 21 January 2012
After contemplating whether or not to purchase this season I decided to bite the bullet and do it; considering I own seasons 1-14 I may as well add to the collection.

I didn't know what to expect from this season as I hadn't seen any of it on sky and read so many reviews about this series being weak. To my surprise though I thoroughly enjoyed it and have now watched it many times, there are some really good episodes here like 'Homer and Lisa Exchange Crosswords', 'Dangerous Curves', 'Waverly Hills 9021-D'oh' and 'The Good the Sad and the Drugly'... and many more.

So this is a great season with some good episodes. Although the lack of special features was a bit of a disappointment, but that's the only flaw here. Otherwise a very good season.

Plus the artwork looks great. 5*
on 29 January 2014
Always perfect. If you haven't seen The Simpsons family you haven't experience the world of art, completely. For me The Simpsons, is fine art.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 October 2012
I bought this after fairly lengthy deliberation, and I still wasn`t sure what I was getting! Just to clarify, this is a standard DVD (not blu-ray) and is Region 2, so it plays just the same as Seasons 1-14 and the only difference is that there are no extras. The packaging is the same as Seasons 11 onwards but it is a cool cover. As for the episodes, there are obviously plenty of people who don`t like the recent seasons, and some who do. There are some good ones here; a decent Treehouse of Horror (Homer gets into advertising, and a Peanuts parody), "Eeny Teeny Maya, Moe" (Moe dates an astonishingly small woman), and Maggie finally speaks (beyond Daddy or a belch) via Jodie Foster, in "Four Great Women and a Manicure".
on 28 March 2014
If you liked seasons 1 to 8 then felt that the scriptwriting took a coastal-shelf drop, well this is a going to make you very happy.

It's a return to form - no question.

In terms of image quality it's better than 1 - 16 - and also after a few episodes the picture pops into glorious wide screen.
on 13 April 2016
Another great season of the Simpsons I wasn't sure wether or not to buy it, but I did and I loved it it's another wacky yet funny series of the Simpsons to ad to you're collection. I loved the new artwork side to it, it is another treasure of the Simpsons in 4 dvd's stuffed into a beautiful little box !
on 8 May 2011
The Simpsons is HD looks amazing I didn't expect to look as good as it did but I looks amazing the picture is so clear and colorful and all the episodes are really funny .
on 8 November 2015
Glad I bought this. This season was a great addition to my collection and given that fox won't be releasing it on dvd anymore I'm glad to have it episodes are quite good if not as good as the classic episodes
on 20 March 2015
Excellent......as Mr burns would say
on 7 August 2015
Brilliant dvd. Contains new version of the theme song. (Message to buyers region 1 only.)
on 29 July 2015
The discs arrived marked than a few months later stopped working