5.0 out of 5 stars Simpsons Season 20
After contemplating whether or not to purchase this season I decided to bite the bullet and do it; considering I own seasons 1-14 I may as well add to the collection.

Published on 21 Jan 2012 by Sheps_1992

3.0 out of 5 stars o.k
I bought this as my latest Simpsons season (i have the first 14) but this is not the best season. The episodes are mainly good but for me don't live up to the standard of some earlier seasons. The Theme seems to have changed but it is a milestone and still a must buy for a Simpsons fan.
Published 18 months ago by Aces F

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simpsons Season 20, 21 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Simpsons - Season 20 - Complete (Region 2) (Import) (DVD)

I didn't know what to expect from this season as I hadn't seen any of it on sky and read so many reviews about this series being weak. To my surprise though I thoroughly enjoyed it and have now watched it many times, there are some really good episodes here like 'Homer and Lisa Exchange Crosswords', 'Dangerous Curves', 'Waverly Hills 9021-D'oh' and 'The Good the Sad and the Drugly'... and many more.

So this is a great season with some good episodes. Although the lack of special features was a bit of a disappointment, but that's the only flaw here. Otherwise a very good season.

Plus the artwork looks great. 5*

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a return to form - no question, 28 Mar 2014
Nick Morgan (UK) - See all my reviews
If you liked seasons 1 to 8 then felt that the scriptwriting took a coastal-shelf drop, well this is a going to make you very happy.

It's a return to form - no question.

In terms of image quality it's better than 1 - 16 - and also after a few episodes the picture pops into glorious wide screen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simpsons Season 20, 26 Oct 2012
Little Cat Voom (The middle of England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought this after fairly lengthy deliberation, and I still wasn`t sure what I was getting! Just to clarify, this is a standard DVD (not blu-ray) and is Region 2, so it plays just the same as Seasons 1-14 and the only difference is that there are no extras. The packaging is the same as Seasons 11 onwards but it is a cool cover. As for the episodes, there are obviously plenty of people who don`t like the recent seasons, and some who do. There are some good ones here; a decent Treehouse of Horror (Homer gets into advertising, and a Peanuts parody), "Eeny Teeny Maya, Moe" (Moe dates an astonishingly small woman), and Maggie finally speaks (beyond Daddy or a belch) via Jodie Foster, in "Four Great Women and a Manicure".

5.0 out of 5 stars Must see, 29 Jan 2014
George Adamides (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
Always perfect. If you haven't seen The Simpsons family you haven't experience the world of art, completely. For me The Simpsons, is fine art.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Simpsons Season 20 Blu Ray, 8 May 2011
The Simpsons is HD looks amazing I didn't expect to look as good as it did but I looks amazing the picture is so clear and colorful and all the episodes are really funny .

5.0 out of 5 stars No, it IS Multi-Region, and DOES work ANYWHERE in the WORLD!!!, 8 May 2010
C. Ellis - See all my reviews
Just recieved the blu ray today andaltough the packaging says Region A it DOES work on a region B player, it IS multi-region, tae no notice of the other review. Both discs are excellent, and the episodes themselves look better than ever in 16:9 HD! So, I would definitely reccommend this, and many of the episodes are hilarious! So, remember...

THIS IS A MULTI-REGION BLU-RAY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 July 2012
This item was great as it is full of really good episodes! Just the thing I needed to finish my collection of Simpsons DVDs...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent season, 7 Aug 2013
My son loves the Simpsons and Season 20 is an excellent addition to his collection. Super quick delivery. If you love the Simpsons then buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 16 May 2013
BagO'Cats (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
Damn good season. It would be 5 stars is there was commentary. Nice addition to my Simpsons collection. Two more

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but terrible packaging, 27 April 2013
Andy Hook (Bristol, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The simpsons season 20 is a great season with lots of good episodes but it lacks in the packaging lime the previous seasons,They get scratched very easily!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›