5.0 out of 5 stars Pure fab!
I've wanted a good quality DAB radio clock with iPhone/iPod dock for a while, and this is perfect.

The sound quality is good for such a small unit and it feels well made. It also offers FM mode and the availability of a free 'app' (Pure Lounge) for internet radio. There are several control buttons on the top of the unit to work the unit independently of the...
Published on 29 Dec. 2011 by Ell

3.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Stereo clock-radio.
At the current price (£90) it is a bargain as a high quality clock radio with iPod dock. Its loud enough for a small room and the quality of music etc from the iPod or the radio is orders of magnitude better than anything cheaper - What HiFi gave it five stars. Not sure I would give it that much because I find the iPod connectivity a pain - My iPhone 4 stops playing as...
Published on 10 May 2012 by AndyL

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 May 2012
Debs (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pure Contour 100Di Dock for iPhone/iPad/Compatible iPods with DAB Digital/FM Radio (discontinued by manufacturer) (Accessory)
I did quite a bit of research to find a good DAB radio/ipod dock for my bedroom and I chose this one because of the good reviews. I'm so glad I did. It is brilliant! Sound is great (clear with a good amount of bass), it's easy to use and looks great. I can't praise it enough. Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but small annoying factors made me return this, 15 May 2013
Firstly, the negatives. I'm not a pessimist, but I believe this is what most people look for.

- The sound quality is quite appalling. For what is advertised as a 20W speaker, this is squeaky and terrible.

- I quite like used my previous dock as an alarm clock as well. So the display is really important to me. This has a good display but doesn't show the time when music/radio/dab is playing. Such a pity for good design.

- Configuring it isn't as easy as using an app and using the iPhone/iPod. Instead it relies on a fiddly remote with quaint up/down/select menu buttons.

and the good points

- Looks great in the bedroom, the design is definitely a plus.

- Works on iPod, iPhone and iPad.

- DAB signal is great.

I bought this off John Lewis as they offer a 2 year warranty for the same price. I have returned the product as those small issues that the designers of this dock overlooked were a deciding factor for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Contour 100Di is a nice dock, but Contour 200i has AirPlay as well, 31 Dec. 2011
The Pure brand is associated with high quality DAB radios and the Contour 100Di fully lives up to expectations. The sound quality is sublime, the display clear and the design innovative and eye-catching. There's even a bass port on the speaker unit.

A downloadable app called 'the Lounge' enables wireless internet-radio streaming, but the Pure Contour 100Di doesn't stream audio itself, so the Apple device must remain docked. The app could best be described as a way of picking a favourites list of specific internet radio programs and on-demand content. In essence, that's all it does, but it makes life a lot easier to select a program from a pre-defined list than to find an audio archive or live-stream using the Apple Safari browser or iTunes each time. Setting up a list can be done on the desktop. It is as intuitive as iTunes and a lot simpler. Once set up, the app presents a scrolling list with big buttons to stab at, which is convenient enough to use without undocking. In theory, the Lounge app, or an altogether different internet radio app would work just as well on any other speaker dock, but that's beside the point.

The Apple dock connector can be hidden away by revolving it into the body of the radio and it pops out again at the press of a button. Unfortunately, the connected device can only be docked upright, which means video playback is restricted to a smaller area of the screen than if it could be rotated 90 degrees from portrait to landscape format. Dock an iPod, iPhone or even iPad over night and there's no chance of the battery running out the next day. There's also a separate USB cable connector for recharging other devices. Like most Apple device docks, docking can be a bit fiddly, especially if the speaker-dock is on a bed-side table above eye level. Unfortunately, although the Contour 100Di seems so obviously suited for use as an alarm clock, the only way to fully interact with it is via the remote control. There's not even a snooze button or menu selection buttons on the Contour 100Di itself and those it has are placed on top. There are two alarms, which can be set to once only, every day, weekdays only or weekends only. The display backlighting can also be adjusted.

In essence, the Pure Contour 100Di is much more than a bed-side alarm-clock-radio. It brings together all of your recorded and downloaded music, audio streams, podcasts and terrestrial radio on one tidy little platform, looking and sounding great whichever room it goes in. Whilst the issue with the controls is mildly annoying, the Contour 100Di is superior to most other speaker docks at this price level and looks nicer. The main drawback of the 100Di is the fact that the I-pod, I-phone or I-pad must remain docked at all times. This weakness is overcome in Pure's similar looking Contour 200i, which has Apple Airplay wireless capabilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brithday Present, 19 May 2012
Received this as a birthday present for my kitchen...amazed by the brilliant sound from such a small unit. The dab radio has quality reception and the ipod docking part oozes real class.So overall a really good buy. (Thank you darling for a lovely present,cooking will never be the same).....

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure 100Di, 20 Mar. 2013
I ordered this product at 1900 on Monday & it was delivered at 1040 the following day, using Guarenteed delivery befor 1pm. Even with the added charge for delivery the product was still cheaper than the local electrical superstore. (well done Amazon)
The product was very well packed.
After unpacking I simply pluged the power cable in & turned the unit on and followed the few simple instructions on screen and the unit was setup. The sound quality is amazing definately 5 star. Once you have got used to using the menus & setting options it is an amazing DAB Radio Alarm clock.
I also like the idea of being able to store the remote control on the back of the unit.brilliant idea.

So why only four stars, This product has an headphone jack on the rear of the unit. This is a great Idea as I like to listen to my Ipod at night and I dont want to disturb other Half. Well You can not listen to you ipod via head phone port nor can you listen to the radio when the ipod is insitu in the dock. So I find this some what annoying. Pure why is this??????
on the whole this is a great DAB clock radio & would readily recomend this product.

3 MONTH UPDATE.
After 3 months use I am pleased to say that the dab radio continues to impress me with its quality sound & usability.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick, 21 Feb. 2012
We were just looking to replace a bedside radio alarm clock so decided to purchase this unit after reading the reviews on here at Amazon. Glad we did, the unit is very good quality and does all it says it will. Defo worth considering purchasing if you require such an item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't get rid of the HiFi yet!, 23 Sept. 2013
A. C. Wood "chazw1964" (Waterlooville, UK) - See all my reviews
I can't believe there are so many reviewers saying how good the sound is. It's OK but the treble isn't that sharp even at +3 and the bass is boxy sounding, colouring the overall sound so that the only option is to turn it down a bit to -1. In short look on this as an easy listening kitchen/bedroom radio with ipod connectivity; you need to look elsewhere for strong and exciting sound.
DAB reception is a great improvement on my Evoke 1 giving useable reception even when the signal strength indicator shows zero bars. At the current price (£90ish) its good value and nicely made.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, with one major mistake by designers, 2 Nov. 2012
Good stuff.

This item appears sturdy with a good build standard. Impressed.

It has very a very good sound quality. Impressed.

It has a vastly superior DAB reception in comparison to my previous Pure (Bug Too), as well as my recently deceased Revo iBlok. Very impressed.

Instructions are easy to read and set up is a breeze. Relieved.

The remote control has plenty of functionality and is of substantial quality, there is a handy magnetic holder on the rear of the unit that allows you to park the remote when not in use. Impressed.

Regarding the display screen, on automatic setting, the display illumination is unontrusive in a dark bedroom, so there is no need to use the additional options for screen brightness. I previously had to return a jbl radial because of it's brightness at night. Relieved.

Not so good stuff.
Earphones are disabled when docking you ipod/ipad. The primary reason for me buying this item was to allow me to listen to internet radio (through the ipod)while I drift of to sleep, via pillow speakers attached to the headphone socket. Majorly ticked off. :(

The remote functions for the ipod are not as comrehensive as I had expected. Website info overeggs the capabilities. Minorly ticked off.

Summary.
Would I buy it again? Not for the purpose that I wanted it for, it doesn't do what I wanted.
However, I may move it downstairs as a perfectly acceptable ipod dock and research a new bedside unit.

Why did they disable the headphone socket when the ipod/ipad is docked? Only the designers can answer that.

Confused.

PS. What I have noticed is the reduction in the aount of devices that offer headphone sockets nowadays, I could only find two at under £100.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Dock, 18 April 2012
I purchased this item because of the quality of other pure products that I have. I am pleased to say that this item lives up to my expectations, it has a really good sound for such a small player, it's compact and easy to use. Pure quality once again

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sound, 17 April 2012
I wanted a quality radio alarm that would double as a docking station, having previously spent money on an alarm which has subsequently been given away. The pure contour 100Di has a fabulous sound, the quality is really very good. When the alarm goes off the volume is low to start with and it works its way up the desired setting which is a nice touch when you are being woken up. I do understand what other people have said about the snooze button but its not an issue for me. I would say the unit is much bigger than I had expected, it does demand its own place in the bedroom rather than just being tucked away, but maybe it deserves its own place.

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›