4.0 out of 5 stars A decent, strong, quality lock
How does one review a bike lock? A large factor to consider in any security equipment is the reassurance it gives.

I regularly lock my bike in central London, and I can say that from the specs, the hefty feel of the thing and its high security rating, the Abus is probably is better than 80% of locks I see used to secure other bikes.

The main rival to...
Published on 18 Nov. 2012 by Dead Celeb

3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy lock. Although mine jammed.
This lock is very strong and sturdy and comes with a good bracket for mounting. Good for leaving bike in town or places where bike theft is an issue. It is very heavy so I also have a smaller lock for long bike rides. However, I had an issue with mine, it completely jammed when I was out in the city and I couldnt lock my bike up. IIt couldnt be fixed and I had to get the...
Published 19 months ago by MR V P CROUCH

5.0 out of 5 stars Abus Lock, 23 Aug. 2011
Looks like and feels like a top lock. I got this together with a Kryptonite cable to use with the fron wheel. This lock is easy to use and the clip holding lock to bike very good too. It is gold standard and OK it can be a faf using D locks and they are never quite as lovk as you need to fit this or that post, for peace of mind, can't beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Appears to be very secure, good locking mechanism, and Eazykf bracket keeps the lock securely attached to the bike, 9 Mar. 2013
T. Evans (Wales) - See all my reviews
This is definitely the best D-lock I have owned (and I've had several!) The Eazykf bracket attaches the lock easily and quickly to the bike when I'm riding, and it is quick to release the lock from the bracket when required. It has an excellent security rating, so gives one some piece of mind when leaving your bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars a very tough lock- Abus Granit-54 X-Plus (Eazykf Bracket), 19 Oct. 2012
Alexandre "ayjay" (London, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
I wanted to replace my previous, 12 year old bicycle lock. The ABUS lock mechanism seems very strong indeed, solidly locking the "D" (or "U") shackle into place. Security keys with specific key card (that can be used to order a spare).
The lock is heavy, which - to me - is good (!). A cheap lock tends to be light, so the weight suggests strong metal, indeed capable of withstanding most attempts to break it.

The "Eazykf" bracket enables you to click the lock into place on the frame and can be released with one hand (thumb depresses release mechanism). It is a nice touch that the fitting comes with two (!) sets of bolts: one longer and one shorter to accommodate frames of various thicknesses.

Even at the regular price of £100, this lock seems to make a good investment; having got it for less, makes it more worthwhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best lock for many reasons!, 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Abus Granit-54 X-Plus (Eazykf Bracket) (Sports)
I've got a few of these and they're excellent. Weather resistant, excellently engineered and best of all I still have my bikes!

The EazyKF mount is very good indeed. Far better than the rubbish that Kryptonite use. The Abus mounts are made from good quality plastic, very versatile and strong.

The lock is light for it's security rating. It doesn't dribble brown rust water like Krypto locks do when it gets wet.

The 230mm version allows you to easily 'fill' the lock (to prevent leverage/jacking attacks) and so far as stood up to London!

Combine it with a Kryptonite Evolution Mini (see, i don't hate Krypto that much!) as a secondary lock and/or PitLocks and your bike will still be there when you're get back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy but feels solid, 28 Nov. 2012
P. Kinn (London) - See all my reviews
This is a pretty heavy lock but looks and feels secure. I opted for the longer shackle as an online review (bike radar) stated that it's design was ultra resistant to attack with a bottle jack.

The Easykf bracket turns out to be fantastic. It fixes the lock to the frame really securely. It's early days yet but there seems to be no rattle and there is a fair bit of choice over where to place it on the frame. My frame tubes are just within the limits of this fixing, so this is worth checking in the product details.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the lock at just under 60 pounds. I suspect that the weakest link will often be whatever piece of street furniture this is secured to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Abus Granit-54 X-Plus (30cm) with easy Bracket, 12 Nov. 2012
This is a solid lock which will certainly deter thieves. The lock is quite heavy, so it is best to mount it on the frame of your bike. However, if you have an unconventional frame this could pose some difficulties, so look at it first (e.g. in a bike shop). I ended up mounting mine on the seat pole which works well if you have space, although if the seat is down to the frame this could be difficult. The easy bracket does allow you some flexibility though, in terms of angle and direction of the mount. The little blue light on the key is a nice bonus, and has come in useful already.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 5 Sept. 2010
I highly recommend this excellent quality lock.. I am not sure on its anti-theft abilities but in terms of being solid and usage, I can not fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality lock, 15 Jan. 2013
I have been using this lock for about 5 months now. It is a little heavy but I have no worries of a long walk hom when I get to the station. The area where I live is not known for bike theft but you can not be too carefull. I would recommend this lock. My theory is, buy the best lock you can afford. If it is that good, you can always use it on your new bike when you WANT a new one. Dont get forced into buying a new bike AND new lock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Abus Granit-54 x-plus, 26 Jan. 2013
Lock nice and heavy looks as if it will take a fair amount before it will give way, purchased the extra long shackle for an electric bike ( rather fat frame and wheels) fits very well, not going to be able to secure to lamposts but bike racks and signposts should be Ok, Lock fits onto shackle very smoothly. Keys are well fitting no "nicking" as you turn them. All in all very pleased with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars The bracket works great - it is sturdy and secures the D-Lock in ..., 5 Nov. 2014
Can`t speak of its durability yet, since luckily noone attempted to cut it and steal my bike yet. It is heavy and even looking at it would discourage most of the thieves. The bracket works great - it is sturdy and secures the D-Lock in one place. LED light on one of the keys proves to be very useful late evenings. I strongly recommend this product.

Abus Granit-54 X-Plus (Eazykf Bracket)
£75.08 - £81.74