5.0 out of 5 stars Best Lock on the Market
Hey
This lock is tops on the market. It works really easily, no fuss or fiddle.
It's a pretty slim and sleek, unlike their counterparts in other brands. It's very european (and not american).
I did loads of research and this one really is the best rated lock.
So if you want the best lock, the sleekest design and the most efficient; get it.
It's...
Published on 18 Aug 2011 by Joe

3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy lock. Although mine jammed.
This lock is very strong and sturdy and comes with a good bracket for mounting. Good for leaving bike in town or places where bike theft is an issue. It is very heavy so I also have a smaller lock for long bike rides. However, I had an issue with mine, it completely jammed when I was out in the city and I couldnt lock my bike up. IIt couldnt be fixed and I had to get the...
Published 10 months ago by MR V P CROUCH

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Lock on the Market, 18 Aug 2011
Joe (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Hey
This lock is tops on the market. It works really easily, no fuss or fiddle.
I did loads of research and this one really is the best rated lock.
It's sorta the difference between a Porsche and a Viper - both wicked but one's clearly wickeder.

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent, strong, quality lock, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: Abus Granit-54 X-Plus (Eazykf Bracket) (Sports)
How does one review a bike lock? A large factor to consider in any security equipment is the reassurance it gives.

I regularly lock my bike in central London, and I can say that from the specs, the hefty feel of the thing and its high security rating, the Abus is probably is better than 80% of locks I see used to secure other bikes.

The main rival to this lock is the Kryptonite 'New York', and if you read reviews, there is little to choose between the two in terms of strength. I was tempted by the 'New York', having always had Kryptonite locks in the past and never having lost any bikes while using them.

However, I chose the Abus because of these factors-

-Comes with two keys, one with an in-built light. Also a unique key-card meaning replacement keys can be ordered. Being a European (rather than American) company, the chances of decent customer support seem higher.

-The easy-fit bracket works really well and is far superior to the poor quality brackets supplied by Kryptonite.

-The general dimensions of the Abus are designed for European/UK use(rather than American).

-Reviews of the Kryptonite lock carry stories of the keys breaking in the mechanism. The Abus feels satisfyingly solid when inserting the key.

Overall, I am satisfied with the Abus lock and would recommend it to others. Downsides? Perhaps the weight, but this is the price of security and I actually find it reassuring. Also worth noting, I had thought the dimension of 30cm referred to the entire lock whereas it actually seems to mean the length of the 'U' section. This makes it quite a long lock, potentially giving extra leverage room to thieves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bike Lock, 18 Dec 2011
I purchased this lock because I saw a review on the internet from my local police force recommending this bike lock because the only way you can remove it when it is locked to your bike is with an angle grinder and to angle grind both sides of the long sections of the lock which means it is difficult to steal your bike. The only problem I have had with the lock is the mounting bracket on the lock was loose when I first used the lock. When I tried to place the lock on the locking bracket on the bike the lock would just slide around but I just used a screw driver to tighten it up and it is alright now. I also recomend buying a 7ft long Kryptonite cable (also available on Amazon) with this lock so you can lock both wheels to the lock for extra security.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lock, 20 Aug 2013
This is a very high quality lock with a great look and feel altho it does sometimes scuff the paintwork due to the bottom of the U part that locks into place does not have a protective coat and its quite fiddly to work through the frame and the lock is quite heavy which it isn't really noticeable when it's in your backpack, which is probably where you'll be keeping it because Although the bracket is a great design there just isn't anywhere on my bike I can put it without knocking it while cycling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great security, 12 July 2012
The bracket I bought was the smaller one, I some times wished I'd gone for the larger one but I can still get this lock easily around my bike frame and front wheel on most bike posts. The lock itself is heavy and feels secure. It all clicks into place with a reassuring sound. I've used it for over 5 months and haven't seen any attempt to break it, so it's working even if it's just a deterrent. The light on the key is handy. The bracket that clips to your bike is great. I always have my lock with me and it is easy to get on and off in seconds. It feels secure and has never fallen off despite riding the bike fast and over uneven road. It's also great if motorists cut you off and kick off. Simply dismount, unclip the lock from your bike and you've got an effective weapon if any idiot comes at you. This thing would probably kill if you connected well enough with their head. Glad I bought this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and peace of mind worth every penny, 2 Jun 2014
B. Steele - See all my reviews
If you have a bike that you truly love, and if like me you've been shopping around reading reviews and considering every penny's worth of potential lock, then trust me, stop now and buy this piece of kit.
Yes, it's heavy. Yes, it's not 'cheap'. Yes, it takes up space in your bag or on your frame, and yes you have to spend half an afternoon figuring out how to mount it best. But when you take your beloved cycle to the centre of dodgy district with Larry Lightfingers moseying about you know that your lovely bike isn't going anywhere unless he fancies sawing the whole frame into two separate pieces.
The key is smooth. The finish is great. The double deadlocks are quality. The weight is... what it is. It isn't as heavy as you'd expect. The LED lit key is a nice touch. And wait for it... the EazyKF bracket is SUPERB. Fits about three places on your bike and once you work out the best place to suit you it clips in with a heavy snap and doesn't budge.
The ONLY negative point I can think of is that I mount my lock vertically on the downtube, and since the bracket holds part of the lock's U bracket the silver locking bar section rattles when I go over bumps. This isn't even worth giving one star less because it's a given of the design.. What more can you do except stick a piece of tape over it every ride and nuts to that.
Note: Measure the width of the part(s) of the bike you're locking it around. If like me you plan to slide the U either side of the downtube and back wheel, then unless you have a racer you can't do it straight on, perpendicular to the post you're locking it to. This surprised me but in use it makes no difference, you can just angle the lock laterally and it's all good.
11/10 buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Appears to be very secure, good locking mechanism, and Eazykf bracket keeps the lock securely attached to the bike, 9 Mar 2013
T. Evans (Wales) - See all my reviews
This is definitely the best D-lock I have owned (and I've had several!) The Eazykf bracket attaches the lock easily and quickly to the bike when I'm riding, and it is quick to release the lock from the bracket when required. It has an excellent security rating, so gives one some piece of mind when leaving your bike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 23 Feb 2013
The bracket is great and really keeps the lock in place and has no problems with vibrations even in rugged terrain.
The lock itself seems very well built, the key with the led is very useful.
Thankfully so far nobody tried to steal my bike so I didn't have a chance to find out if it lives up to expectations and it look like it will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Abus Lock, 23 Aug 2011
Looks like and feels like a top lock. I got this together with a Kryptonite cable to use with the fron wheel. This lock is easy to use and the clip holding lock to bike very good too. It is gold standard and OK it can be a faf using D locks and they are never quite as lovk as you need to fit this or that post, for peace of mind, can't beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 5 Sep 2010
I highly recommend this excellent quality lock.. I am not sure on its anti-theft abilities but in terms of being solid and usage, I can not fault.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Abus Granit-54 X-Plus (Eazykf Bracket)
£73.51 - £83.02