5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing device, my go to computer and life organiser!
I purchased this tablet over two months ago and it has been so revolutionary to my work and play that it will need to be pried from my dead hands before I give it up!

Published on 30 April 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as expensive as an iPad so don't expect an iPad
I'm no major Apple fan although I have an iPod touch (1st gen 32gb), iPhone 3G and iPhone4s and therefore, I feel I'm well placed to make a comparison between the Apple interface and this.

Published on 15 Oct. 2012 by AM

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing device, my go to computer and life organiser!, 30 April 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 inch Tablet - Black (nVidia Tegra T250S 1GHz, 16GB Storage, WLAN, Front Camera, Rear Camera, Android 3.1 Honeycomb) (Personal Computers)

Screen size was the main reason for choosing this. To me the larger ten or nearly 10 inch tablets were just a tad unwieldy yet the 7 inch versions were just too small. Also I wanted to use the adobe touch applications and the 8.9 was the minimum supported screen size. My choice has turned out perfect as the device is about the size of a nice a5 notebook and goes everywhere with me.

The android eco system is incredibly rich and I have not been left wanting for any applications over the ipad. Anyone saying there just aren't the apps on the android market (play store!) need to question what they are looking for.

This device makes the internet tangible. It's like having a book in your hand which you can pass around when needed. It's as though the information has just come to life.

Light weight yet slim with a solid build is how I would describe the device. The screen quantity is fantastic, perfect for watching Netflix on and the battery just does not give up.

To quantify that last piece. I put the device on to charge at night get up at 5 and make heavy use of it in two jobs (system admin and photographer) until about 10 that night. Included in that is usually watching some movies while making food or doing the dishes. When I put it down at the end of the day the battery is never less than around the 30-40 percent mark.

I toiled over whether to buy it or not for months almost going for an ipad admittedly. In the long run I decided to jump in with both feet and have not regretted it for one minute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy Tab. 8.9, 21 Jun. 2012
This is an excellent tablet. I previously had Motorola tabs, but this one from Samsung is far superior in every way. I can't imagine anyone being unhappy with it. In addition to Web Surfing, it performs wonderfully on BBCi, and runs m/s XL and word perfectly. Would recommend this tab, everytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant tablet, 15 July 2012
I pondered for weeks about getting a tablet or an ipad. I read up about them both,read all the reviews and in the end decided to go for the galaxy tab. I can honestly say it was the best decision, it is absolutely brilliant. Beats the ipad any day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as expensive as an iPad so don't expect an iPad, 15 Oct. 2012
AM (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

Firstly, I was going to go for the Google Nexus 7 but 7 inches is just too small. Then I was going to go for the 10.1 inch Samsung Galaxy Tablet but it just felt too heavy in my hands and so I discovered this and like Goldilocks, it was just right. Right size, right weight, right resolution.

It's got a front and rear facing camera which is great, WIFI, bluetooth and is HD and so scores points on all of these.

The touchscreen is responsive and acceptable but it's nowhere near as fluid as the offerings from Apple but then this is reflected in the price (hence, acceptable). There's a definite 'lag' that you don't get on the iPad or iPhone.

Here's what's really letting this down for me: the OS. It runs Honeycomb. This is not an old device. Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean are both available. ICS is available for download in the US for this device but not the UK. This causes me two problems: 1. I can't use the latest version of Chrome from the Play store and the built-in version just will not do ANY syncing with my Google account. 2. I can't download the Amazon store app because Amazon don't support Honeycomb.

I bought this to replace a netbook and to encourage me to use my main laptop more for proper things rather than casual surfing. This is good if you want to browse and buy, send the occasional email, watch Youtube. You can use Google Drive and create online documents - great.

It's not a laptop replacement. It's an entertainment device (and I class web surfing as entertainment). It's not even a netbook replacement.

In summary, it's OK but it's let down by Samsung not releasing ICS or Jellybean for it (I have no idea why Google just dont let you download it directly). If I'd never used an Apple product I'd think the screen and response to touch were great but I have, so I don't. However, it's not rubbish. It's the best you'll get (for now) at this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 5 Oct. 2012
I really like this product. The only thing wrong with it which the sellers expansys do not tell the buyers that the product is in French all the pre-installed items are in french and for some reason you can not delete it so when you want to restore everything it will be in French which is a pain in the neck. They told me I brought a euro version which they do not advertised as the english tablet have diferent pre-installed software. Now I can not change it for the english version or get my money back.

Apart from the software issue it's a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy tablet 8.9, 22 Sept. 2012
I have recentely purchased this product. I have found it very easy to use,the quality of the play back on video's and multi media is very good, even though it has an 8.9 inch screen. Its very light and easy to store or carry in a bag.

I was looking at a bigger tablets,10.1 but I'm glad I purchased this product well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars galaxy tab, 2 July 2013
i love it, love playing the games on it and downloading music, i use it more than my laptop,it does all it says it does

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tablet!, 22 Nov. 2012
Having owned a few tablets previous to this (HP Touchpad, Galaxy Tab 7) this has been by far the best tablet I have owned.

8.9" is the best size for a tablet, in my opinion. The one big gripe I have with this tablet is the lack of a microSD card slot. I would have liked to load my music onto this along with some movies, but there just isn't enough space.

Still, it's a very good tablet for the price, would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Honestly? Don't bother, 19 Nov. 2012
This is not a terrible tablet by any means, but I wish I'd bought another make. The tablet is underpowered, with the screen response laggy and inconsistent. The tablet also needs rebooting regularly as it locks or crashes. Web browsing is also pretty slow, much slower than my phone, put it this way. And the famed upgrade to ICS 4 is still not here, when most companies are now upgrading their devices to 4.1. Customer support is by robots only, so don't expect any sensible help from that direction.

As I say, the tablet isn't a complete dog, but considering the cost, it's not a star by any stretch of the imagination. I won't be buying Samsung again. They are full of hot air and marketing hype. They don't support their products long term once they have been sold. I'm a Mac-hater by nature, but I'm kind of wondering whether that makes sense when you look at the competition.

Avoid.