4.0 out of 5 stars A Slab Of 70s West Coast Rock
I remember well listening to Jo Jo Gunne's first album. I had eagerly awaited it's arrival, as being a West Coast fan, and a lover of the original Spirit, a band with Jay Ferguson & Mark Andes in it was something to get excited about. The album didn't disappoint, and delivered 9 great tracks.

So here we have that debut album with the next three on two CDs. I...
Published on 10 Feb 2012 by Cornish Deadhead

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
Bought on strength of hit Run Run Run, which after all these years still rate, but rest of album is a mish mash of 'beach' music, almost rockish beach boys vs the summer of love if you like. Tried listening a couple of times in the car but it doesnt rock my boat
Published 9 months ago by Nr S. U. Dempster

4.0 out of 5 stars A Slab Of 70s West Coast Rock, 10 Feb 2012
Cornish Deadhead "Happy Harv" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Jo Jo Gunne & Bite Down Hard & Jumpin' The Gun & So...Where's The Show? (Audio CD)

So here we have that debut album with the next three on two CDs. I agree with the first reviewer that the sound is first class, but there again, have you ever heard a bad re-issue where Rhino is involved. For me the debut is still the best of the bunch and the four albums show a slow decline, but for lovers of the late West Coast sound, or this band, this set represents an absolute bargain. Goodness knows why it is so cheap at the moment, so snap it up while you can.

The packaging is the worst point for me as it is a slim plastic double jewel case which I detest, but it does have a good 18 page booklet showing original artwork (including the vinyl album labels) with a six page essay by Alan Robinson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional sound!, 3 Feb 2012
W. Pratt "Muse" (sydney, nsw Australia) - See all my reviews
This Jo Jo Gunne four-for is excellent value when one considers the sound alone.It is a Rhino-Edsel product. I am a bit of an audiophile and the sound of this cd hits the spot. It is a new remaster. There is clean separation between the instruments and yet the sound is fully complete. In my opinion it is a distinct improvement on previous American and European remasters. I can't compare it with Japenese remasters as I haven't heard them. The insert is a booklet with a comprehensive history of the group and reasonably detailed description of the songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain!!, 29 Feb 2012
G. G. Saunders "Rock Dr." (West Sussex .UK) - See all my reviews
Jo Jo Gunne,s four albums together remastered crystal clear 70's west coast rock , great to have all songs in one package this is worth buying just for their first album really its tight and holds the groove, fresh and crisp like new fallen snow..

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit more than poodle heads........, 18 Dec 2012
They didn't really get the credit they deserved, possibly because they looked like all the other poodle - headed bland American 70s rock bands, but there really is some splendid flat-out rock n roll on these and some truly tremendous piano playing. At the price it's worth it for Rock Around the Symbol alone

4.0 out of 5 stars Gunne regret at missing out on this one, 8 Dec 2012
Now going at a "bargain bin" price, this 4 LP on one CD package is worth every single penny, and then some !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 23 Sep 2012
Underrated rock band who could have been bigger. Good solid American rock. Fantastic deal on this. Buyit while it lasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jo Jo was a... Gunn?, 26 April 2012
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Like most people I first came to hear Jo Jo Gunn thought the hit single Run Run Run..

That and the flipside I think it was Ready Freddy really introduced me to American boogie.

The band red hot and fun.

Like a whole lot of people then I could not afford to buy all the LPs I wanted and so missed the debut and subsequent 3.

And browsing on E Bay I found this 4 CD bargain set.

It was a no brainer purchase when the whole 4 CDs cost half of just one of the CDs on here.

It's arrived and I'm really please. The sound is brilliant Rhino really have done a great job with this remastering.

The CDs are excellent and I'm rediscovering Jo Jo Gunn.

4 Whole CDs for less that 7 quid makes this a good buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 31 Dec 2013