on 8 October 2014
I was lucky enough to see the The Hollies live many years ago, and the one memory that has remained with me all these years is Alan Clark singing 'He ain't heavy he's my brother', whenever I hear it again it still brings up the hair on the back of my neck !
Other memorable songs include 'Sorry Suzanne' 'Jennifer Eccles' 'Carrie Anne' and their own particular version of the emotive 'The air that I breathe'
To me, this CD is the best of all that are available and I thoroughly recommend it, even if you are not familiar with the The Hollies it is still worth buying as I am sure you will get to enjoy it. I have two, one kept in the car ( to brighten up those long boring motorway journeys) and the other in my home which is played quite often in the kitchen when one has a long prep time for a meal.
Go for it and you will not be sorry.
on 4 January 2014
Very pleased ..as a Hollies fan for almost 50 yrs , when i was too young to have money for singles or a record player...this has lots of big hits plus some more obscure like AFTER THE FOX., a soundtrack toa film of the same name (peter sellers) ..... Well pleased with it and was great at christmas..The Hollies without Ivy ..!!!!!
on 19 January 2014
brings it all together effortlessly ; it just flows like a magic river seamlessly ; truly a tribute to such wonderful acoustical magnificence ; and so easy on the pocket too
on 16 May 2015
Purchased this album because we went to see The Hollies locally and although they were good -- they were missing the key players -- Alan Clarke and Graham Nash.
I bought this album because I wanted to "Remember" the original Hollies from their hey day and my youth.
The Album doesn't disappoint and every track brings back fond memories of the Hollies at their prime.
on 3 April 2013
These are the one's we all remember and sing along to.
Great showcase of their talent.
My oh my, where does time fly.
on 31 January 2014
I am very pleased with this CD. It was a birthday present. Very good price and very good service and would recommend.
on 11 March 2013
Bought this CD for my dad and he loves it! Was a great add on pressie to go with the concert tickets we bought him
on 13 September 2013
My husband loved this cd which I bought. Great music. It takes you back to when music and bands were great
on 8 December 2014
Great to listen to tracks of the Hollies that I grew up with when I was a teenager.Well worth getting this CD and well worth the purchase.
on 26 February 2013
Fabulous cd. All their hits. This was bought for my daughter and she couldn't be happier. Really good valuefor a double cd.