Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 7 April 2015
This was a good read with a couple of surprises and a gruesome revelation.
A sequel would be good to see what happened next to the main characters. But, please, not a never ending saga of book after book until it becomes as dreary as a soap opera - too many of these.
on 14 March 2015
Interesting read and a great story line. Once again, I was immersed in the story and it was like watching a film.....Kevin has a way of writing that spares the reader of pages and pages of forced descriptions that are rammed into other authors books. Page filling bulk rubbish.... With Kevin, your mind is free to imagine everything in his books which is great. I've read many books in the past and it becomes very hard work when all you read is, what the sky looked like on this particular day, and every other minute detail that the average intelligent human doesn't need to be told.
I do love Kevin's style.
This book was great, and the ideas really interesting but for some reason it didn't grip me like the others. It took me a while to get into it but I still had to read on.
I'm no author and I couldn't write stories for the life of me so I can't really judge, but after reading so many of Kevin's books, this particular one just didn't seem to have the same power.
Still a great read.
on 1 January 2013
This novel, like all of K M Ashman, is a really good read! The story zips along easily enough but is packed with so much information, it really is difficult to put down! Where does he get his ideas?! Really good read!

Sali
on 5 June 2015
An interesting novel. I found the society,at times, slightly jarring. But it's HIS book and despite minor points I enjoyed it and will in all probability Kindle the sequel and only hope it doesn't resemble 'Waterworld' too much.
on 27 September 2015
First of Kevin's novels I've read and I loved it. Here we have an old civilisation who have thought they were the only one in their watery world. That belief comes crashing down and a few people escape. But where will they go.
on 29 March 2016
I'm still reading this book so will reserve my final judgement until I am finished. However, this book is set on a different world in a different time & the use of OK & okay jars with me. They just don't seem right.
on 3 November 2012
Amazing, I was gripped from the first page. Mr. Ashman has a wonderful way with words adding to the incredible story, If this was ever made into a film, it would be up there with all of the top fims.
on 4 January 2015
what a different book from the others I've read by this author, a bit sad really. I hope there is a follow up to it.
I'd like to know if or what happens to the escapees when they reach land.
on 24 April 2015
Made a mistake purchasing this. The story, tho mostly well written, took a lot of wading through. Story was convoluted and even considering it's genre, unbelievable : not for me.
on 5 February 2016
A very good fantasy read with many different turns and twists, although the ending is a bit disappointing. Very clever how the characters seperate stories all link together.