4.0 out of 5 stars DIFFERENT
My main reading fodder is historical faction, big fan of the Roman era. Occasionally I overdose and need a break from the rigours of battle. This book intrigued me and held my attention from start to finish. Great story, plenty of twists, sub-plots and a few surprises. If you are looking for something a bit out of the ordinary, then look no further.
Published 11 months ago by PAUL RAWLINSON

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Oh dear. This was so disappointing. A really good setting and storyline marred by such poor writing. At times I wondered if it was a children's book from the level and simplicity of the language, but then a more adult theme would appear to prove me wrong. The characters are flat and undeveloped, the way they speak is not in keeping with the quasi-medieval setting and,...
Published on 4 Feb. 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Last Citadel (Kindle Edition)
Great book, kept me hooked. Hope he writes a sequel. Very good value. Would definitely recommend this to anyone. Will be looking at other books by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Last Citadel (Kindle Edition)
This novel, like all of K M Ashman, is a really good read! The story zips along easily enough but is packed with so much information, it really is difficult to put down! Where does he get his ideas?! Really good read!

Sali

5.0 out of 5 stars mikejuly1966, 8 Nov. 2012
Amazon Customer (walsall, west midlands, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Citadel (Kindle Edition)
nearly finished and enjoying very much ! found the auther in recommended for you, glad i did! more please how about a trilogy?

5.0 out of 5 stars I was there living in the story, when I realised it was 2am and I had to be up at 5am, 3 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Last Citadel (Kindle Edition)
Amazing, I was gripped from the first page. Mr. Ashman has a wonderful way with words adding to the incredible story, If this was ever made into a film, it would be up there with all of the top fims.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a good read with a couple of surprises and a gruesome ..., 7 April 2015
This review is from: The Last Citadel (Kindle Edition)
This was a good read with a couple of surprises and a gruesome revelation.
A sequel would be good to see what happened next to the main characters. But, please, not a never ending saga of book after book until it becomes as dreary as a soap opera - too many of these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Last Citadel (Kindle Edition)
Interesting read and a great story line. Once again, I was immersed in the story and it was like watching a film.....Kevin has a way of writing that spares the reader of pages and pages of forced descriptions that are rammed into other authors books. Page filling bulk rubbish.... With Kevin, your mind is free to imagine everything in his books which is great. I've read many books in the past and it becomes very hard work when all you read is, what the sky looked like on this particular day, and every other minute detail that the average intelligent human doesn't need to be told.
I do love Kevin's style.
This book was great, and the ideas really interesting but for some reason it didn't grip me like the others. It took me a while to get into it but I still had to read on.
I'm no author and I couldn't write stories for the life of me so I can't really judge, but after reading so many of Kevin's books, this particular one just didn't seem to have the same power.
Still a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars a bit sad really. I hope there is a follow up ..., 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Last Citadel (Kindle Edition)
what a different book from the others I've read by this author, a bit sad really. I hope there is a follow up to it.
I'd like to know if or what happens to the escapees when they reach land.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange and quite difficult to 'get into' - but at ..., 16 April 2015
This review is from: The Last Citadel (Kindle Edition)
Strange and quite difficult to 'get into' - but at the same time compelling reading. An interesting, futuristic and quite frightening idea!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 April 2015
This review is from: The Last Citadel (Kindle Edition)
Not my usual style but I absolutely loved it, became totally engrossed with the characters, definitely recommend

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 3 April 2015
This review is from: The Last Citadel (Kindle Edition)
A very good basic idea and plot, quite original. Somewhat let down for me by simplistic charactarisation.

The Last Citadel