5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic story!, 24 Mar. 2012
ElaineG (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Return to Wuthering Heights (Kindle Edition)
I have just had a Wuthering Heights marathon - having downloaded this on to the kindle a few weeks ago, I came to read it this week but realised that although I had seen the movie versions, I couldnt actually remember reading Wuthering Heights itself, so downloaded it and settled in for a very long read. Moving on ... the original Wuthering Heights read and loved and time to move on to Return to Wuthering Heights ... and I have to say Nicola Thorne has achieved something wonderful here and very brave, it must have taken a lot of sweat to create a valid follow on to what is one of the all time classics. She has moved the story on in a believable way, creating characters who can be loved (even if they are not very nice people a lot of the time) and put them in scenarios that would not have been out of place in the original. Reading both books one after the other, as I did, I wasnt even aware of the seam between the two and just thoroughly enjoyed a cracking good read. To sum up, a fantastic story which has stayed true to the characters and feel of the original Wuthering Heights and Nicola Thorne can be proud of herself for creating a worthy follow up to one of the all time classics.

5.0 out of 5 stars A triumph, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Return to Wuthering Heights (Kindle Edition)
I expect that a lot of readers of Return to Wuthering Heights will share my view that it feels as though you never left it... Nicola Thorne creates a new story with enough of the spirit and style of the original to make it a thoroughly satisfying and enjoyable read.

Nowadays the Heathcliff clan would probably be stars of The Jeremy Kyle Show, queuing up for their DNA test results, or facing trial for their animal brutality. But in the times covered by the book their behaviour was all too real and prevalent. The portrayal of the miserable lot of the women in the novel is a reminder of how unfair and unkind the world used to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent continuation of the original novel, 22 July 2012
This review is from: Return to Wuthering Heights (Kindle Edition)
I read the original version just before reading this as it is years since I read it and I wanted to continue reading from the Emily Bronte's beginning to the new 'Nicola Thorne' end. I thought Nicola Thorne did a brilliant job in continuing the story, once I got reading (there is an introduction before the story starts) I could not put it down. Would thoroughly recommend. (would make a good film)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 13 Oct. 2012
Mr. D. F. Addison "Sheena" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Return to Wuthering Heights (Kindle Edition)
Loved this twisting and turning continuation of the original.....was somewhat sceptical about a different author, but would recommend it. Great read.

Return to Wuthering Heights