5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent.
Great book to use as quick reference for Paramedics particularly, and other pre-hospital and out of hospital clinicians. All the information is evidence based and with the latest related procedures in the UK. It has a systematic approach with a quick organisation and easy to find step by step paramedic procedures. All topics are visited.

This is a book I can...
Published 11 months ago by Il Capo

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money
Published on 19 Jan 2012 by J. T.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, 19 Jan 2012
J. T. "John" (Centre of the Universe - UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book as soon as it was published. What a disapointment. On first opening the book it is full of disclaimers saying it is aware of updates coming into practise in 2010 and this book doesnt include them therefore the reader should check resus council websites etc....What, so err what is the point of buying the book?? This book came out in 2012! Yet is out of date as it does not include the updates from 2010, come on that is surely not acceptable!

My second problem with this book. Imagine the scene, I go to a patient with DKA, umm I wonder if my new book mentions DKA...errr no and only a tiny few lines on hyper/hypo. I find the detail massively lacking, yet it covers nuclear incidents mass incidents etc...err the last time I went to a nuclear incident was when? The information you really need isnt here. I seriously considered cutting out about a third of the book with a stanley knife as it just isnt relevant. I then realised I may as well just bin the book.

I get the impression all they have done with this book is try to make a fast buck by shortening the larger emergency care book.....just not good enough and a total waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 12 Jan 2014

This is a book I can 100% recommend, you will not regret buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paramedic Practice, 6 Feb 2012
I recently purchased this book and have been impressed with its content and portability. The authors are clearly highly experienced within the pre-hospital care fraternity and have added some useful updates for the career focused paramedic. Unfortunately, there are some recent guidelines not printed in the initial publication, such as UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines, but I understand this has to be accepted due to the frequency of clinical updates?! Overall, I have found this book to be good value and a useful addition to my pre-hospital care literature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy to Carry, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Pocketbook of Emergency Care: A Quick Reference Guide for Paramedics (Kindle Edition)
Whilst working as a pre-hospital para-professional, I have found the addition of this book into my kit bag to be invaluable. It is small and light enough to fit into a leg pocket on my uniform, next to the ever-present JRCALC guidelines, but does contain a wealth of information.

I appreciate the lack of current guidelines could be a problem for some, however the authors have taken their larger 'textbook' and provided a concise version, enabling a paramedic to refer to it if necessary. Just to have it to read whilst on a stand-by point is worth the outlay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pocketbook of Emergency Care, 27 Mar 2012
Having recently purchased this book it has already been placed in my kit bag.

The Book is well structured and set out in a manner that is easy to use as a quick reference guide. It also doesn't over complicate things so is perfectly pitch at the paramedic on the road.

I disagree with other reviews saying that what is the use of having a section on nuclear accidents. Surely situations that you don't deal with that often are vital in a reference guide and I for one am glad that it's in there.

Overall an ideal buy for trainee and practicing Paramedics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide, good for revision too, 29 Jan 2012
I've not had the book very long, but I've already found it really useful. It's not going to teach you how to be a paramedic, but is a great reference guide when you are on the road. Wish I'd had it for my exams, still it'll be useful next time. So far I've been taking mine to work. It's turning into a bit of a crutch!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent 'pocket book', 6 Feb 2012
I work as a paramedic in both the military and civilian world. This 'pocket sized' text book is perfect for daily use and as a referrence guide. I find this book to be very informative without being over complicated. Overall i would highly recommend this emergency care pocket book to fellow colleagues. Lou