on 29 December 2011
The title of this short story made me think it would be my type of thing.I felt for Cody,on his own struggglin to get the old cimema back up and running.A teenager with secrets,a cimema with a ghost out for revenge and a pretty girl who is somthing else altogether.This is a quick read,entertaining and quite thrilling.I thouroughly enjoyed it and could have quite happily carried on reading about Cody and his small town cinema.
on 17 December 2011
As a born again reader I stumbled across this short story by accident. I found the writing style unusual as its less descriptive than the norm however it lended itself very well to the storyline that has an imaginitive twist at the end. All in all a very enjoyable read and I intend to follow it up with other titles from this author.
on 13 January 2012
This story was good. I was actually gutted when it finished which makes a change. It was easy to read and was thrilling and kept you reading. Brilliant !!! Vampires and ghosts in the same story that actually works
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 October 2012
This short story is light, predictable and a little rushed. Pity, because the concept could have been given more depth and longevity. The characters and story will appeal to YA readers.
The whole ghost vs vampire relationship was interesting and not fully explored.
At times it felt as if the reader was being fobbed off with a tidbit instead of treated to the whole kit and caboodle.
Quick read, fun for a ten minute break.
on 5 January 2013
This is a bit old for me and it gets a little boring and even if I try to concentrate I end up sitting on the couch putting my kindle in its box.
I recommend this book for 12-16's of age although I am only 10 so I try to concentrate on this book but it isn't the type of thing I recommend for my sort of age so I hope people who are looking at the book take it in to consideration of this book review.
on 2 August 2012
What a strange short story! I think this was aimed at the younger end of the market and although it passed the time during my train journey home, I can't say I really engaged with it or wanted it to go on for any longer than it did. It was OK for a bit of light reading and for free but I wouldn't have wanted to pay for the experience! Still, download it and see what you think, you might really enjoy it!
on 6 August 2013
it was grate for 8-14 year olds and i am 9 i think boys would like this alot

from ollie
on 1 April 2013
It's quite good, the main character is likeable and the supernatural element is done quite well, especially the way the author blended it in with modern society and technology.

The ending was a little erratic, and maybe the story as a whole was a tad too short. But I will definitely look out for her works.

Good for a quick read.
on 13 June 2013
If I'm totally honest I thought the first short story was the best, I'm going to delete this straight off my kindle and not give it another thought, quite disappointed and the only reason I give it two stars was because of the first short story or I wouldn't have read anymore of the book.
on 25 August 2012
To be honest, i was expecting rather a lot from this book, mainly because of its title, suggesting that it was horror novel, with romance that is being threatened by something. In my opinion the storyline wasnt very scary at all. Considering all this, i would rate this book 3 stars out 5.