4.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet, 16 Sep 2014
simon211175 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Touchstone (2. Family at War) - a time travel Blitz story (Kindle Edition)
This book is short, and will only take an hour or so to get through, but on the end of the first book you'll definitely be reading it. Here we meet some new characters, and parts of the overall story arc are hinted at.

Despite the length, I enjoyed reading this book - I'm part way through the third now, as it's virtually impossible to stop reading when you get to the ends.

If you read the first book, you should read this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The saga continues, 23 May 2014
First 1912, then 1940... More twists in the travels of the history undergraduates. It is even harder to stop reading - I must find out what happens next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 6 Mar 2014
I've thoroughly enjoyed every bit of this series. So many twists and turns, just when I think I've sussed out what's happening, there's another twist and I was wrong. As soon as I've finished one book I instantly downloaded the next - but, arrrgggghhh! Andy is still writing No.6. How am I going to wait? Should be out this month though so I've had to go on the mailing list and wait like everyone else.
Anyway, the point I'm making is that this is an incredible story. If, like me, you love time travel novels, you'll love this. I'm a sucker for history novels and time travel, so this is perfect for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much, Much better than it sounds, recommended, great price ......., 13 Feb 2014
initially thought it purely for children, but pleasantly surprised by the authors convincing style and obvious research into the time period concerned, half way through the third book set in world cup fever in London in 1966, hope he ties all the loose ends up in a believable way as I understand that is the last book in the series, all in all much better than expected, will be looking out for more by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Onwards with the page turning, 29 Dec 2013
The historical detail in these books is fantastic, found myself wanting to know more about the area and the Times.

I used to read a lot of Graham Greene, he had different classifications for his books. These would sit in the "Entertainment" category.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 26 Dec 2013
I am sorry, but I cannot give a review based on this book only, as I read them all together...
Basically, its a wonderful read - I just love these time travel books, whatever shape or form they have. This one was special, because although I did care for the characters, I didn't particularly find myself in them (I tend to do that) - so no special connection between me, the reader, and the characters was formed. BUT (it's a big but) the fact that I wasn't so close to the subjects allowed me to look closer in other areas - like secondary figures, entourages, historic environment. At this part I think the author excelled (at least in my opinion) as I felt never closer to the periods described as when I read these books. Charlie, the perfect supporting role, is so much more endearing than Rachel, I thought.
As a conclusion, I belive it's one of the best series of its kind, nothing major in terms of literary performance, but a good story able to keep you plugged in it up until the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good follow up, 9 Nov 2013
A good follow up, will be getting number three soon. Would have been 5 stars, but it is a very short read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too short, 24 July 2013
It's much too short, but it was a great read. I purchased part three along with part two so I can begin that now.
I mentioned in my review of part one, that I would have liked more of a depth to the characters, I feel we have that in this episode. So kudos to the author on that.
-Mike.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 1 July 2013
Enjoyable storyline and characters. Ready to read the next one hoping that it will be as good a read .

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quick read, 26 Jan 2013
Good story with nice concept, bit short but fine for a wind down read in bed, of course it ended with a tease to want to get the next one.