on 22 November 2013
The people writing negative reviews of this book are missing the point. Yes the chapters are short and it's a quick read, but that is a positive not a negative for me.

You can read this book in one sitting if you wish, I managed to finish it during a two hour rail journey, and I felt very inspired by the time I reached my destination (I kicked ass in that meeting).

If you want more Felix Dennis has already been very generous with his full story in How To Get Rich. I read that first and loved it. This book is pretty much a summary of that with the wisdom from that book broken down into bite sized chunks. Dennis is the real deal, he's not some marketing guy who's made money by selling books. He's a true business maverick and entrepreneur who has amassed his own great fortune from scratch and is happy to tell anyone who wants to listen how he did it. That is generosity as far as i am concerned.

After that initial quick read I have come back to this book time and time again. It's brilliant for picking up for a quick burst of inspiration. I have also gifted this book to several friends who i felt were in need of a little business wisdom. It's perfect as a gift because if I gave them How To Be Rich they may be intimidated by it's size but this book can be quickly adsorbed.

To summarise, if you're expecting War and Peace don't buy this, but if you are looking for a quick read which will impart some real wisdom and leave you feeling inspired then this can't be bettered. One of my all time favourite books.
on 27 April 2016
A lot of people just don't get it. Some people say it's 'overrated', or 'not too serious' etc etc.
This is the BEST book I have read about how to make money, and here's some reasons why:

Author's quote: ''this is not a 'self-help' book. It's an ANTI 'self help' book''.

Why? because 95 per cent of 'self help' books, are b******t. (or 'bolloc*s' ). I have read them all. I am particularly wary of the ones with the word 'secret' in it. The 'secret' of making money. The 'secret' of this. The 'secret' of that. These people are just impostors who are TRYING to get wealthy, by selling you a book about 'how' to become wealthy. I can hardly see bigger contradictions here.

Dennis is NOT trying to sell you a book. He doesn't need to. He can make a few phonecalls and buy Foyles and Waterstones combined.
And the best advice, comes from people who aren't trying to get anything out of you. Given the same intellect and experience level, a friend may be a lot better than a professional advisor.

Dennis ask you something NO ONE else will ask you, such as this really, really important questions:

''why the heck do you want to be a millionaire?''

Think about that one, there's a lot in there. Why do you THINK you 'need' to be wealthy?

Because I don't !! I'd like to be happier, not owning a Ferrari. These things are very different, and they warrant a discussion that would be too deep and long here. A discussion I already amply had with myself.

One of the best things I have seen written anywhere in a book, is this:

'You can believe in luck. Just don't waste your time looking for it'.

This is how I interpret this excellent book: wanting to be wealthy is stressful. The price to pay is high, and are you sure it's worth it? Do you really need it?

Another thing: Dennis seems to indicate that wealth is really more casual than anything else. Because you can believe in luck, but if you are trying to find it, you will be wasting your time= CHANCE.

Even Marcus Aurelius said that success and popularity are CASUAL. Dennis knows this only too well, and I do too, because even though I am not wealthy, I have personally savoured success and concluded that indeed, it is casual, even when it LOOKS like it's not, so you hear people saying these things:

''Man, that guy, he did it all by himself. With his own hands. What a guy''.

Well, B****CKS.

''Oh man, that guy there, he was able to turn this and that into an empire'',

Again.....B******CKS.

These is what some famous ancient writer said about the fall of Rome:

''If even Rome, the mother of the world, can fall under a small group of barbarians, what can last?''.

I mean, Dennis himself, tragically, died of cancer. All his millions didn't save him.

So, why the heck do you want to be a millionnaire? Ask this question to yourself a million times. And really think about it.

Some people might not like the book by Dennis because they think is 'overrated', it's 'common sense', etc. Well, whatever it can be called, it's real. Dennis tells you the thing the way it is. Sorry if you expected a walt disney movie, or some scandalous stories of sex, drugs and rock and roll.
on 25 December 2012
For those who understand the real hardship in the getting of money. Not for the "nice" kind. It's a more condensed version of "How to get rich" , but has value on its own
on 18 January 2015
Its largely a repeat of the key elements in the first book how to get rich. So if you want a handy compendium it may prove useful. At least its written by someone who has made it in business.
on 10 November 2013
There was nothing new or different in this book. It was pretty boring to read with very short chapters which did not give me any encouragement.
on 27 July 2015
Felix Dennis was an unconventional genius and I highly recommend his book.
The copy I received arrived in excellent condition. Mant thanks
on 16 July 2013
A good book but ther was not much in it that I have not seen before,but it was a good read
on 21 August 2015
Funny, interesting and not too serious book that's easy to read whilst on holiday.
on 21 June 2013
I only read 76 of the 88 steps and then the book disappeared - I think I left on the tube. So technically I havent completed the book..

A great book, some reviews said it was a rip of of his previous book on wealth. I read this previous book 2-3 years ago and had forgotten most of the principles. I did recognize some of this material eg the stuff on ownership but some of it still felt new and inspirational. So I'm glad I read it. Infact I've made a note to reread it.
At the end of the day we all know Dennis has made his money and I get the strong feeling as I read his words that he knows what he is talking about and his wisdom is literally worth its weight in Gold.

Infact, I have made a note in my log to re-read this book to rebsorb the information again later.

I am pleased to say, I'm also now worth 100 million since reading this book...
.. I think one of the dangers of any book, is that books are too passive.. its very easy to read, be motivated, then do fkuc all with the information.. its the putting into practice that counts..
Stay tuned..!