5.0 out of 5 stars The best LGA2011 motherboard?, 15 May 2012
This review is from: Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard (Socket 2011, Intel X79, DDR3, ATX, PCI Express 3.0, USB 3.0, Thermal Armor, Asus SSD Caching) (Accessory)
I bought this for my gaming rig, a straight step up from my AMD 990FX sabertooth. Slipped into my case, intel I7 3820 and GTX 580 stuck to it (bought all of these and the RAM from Amazon). Its night and day faster than my old rig, as you would expect, but the smoothness of the games I play is incredible. I know it is expensive, but this board is fully loaded and future ready with the latest socket. All of my motherboards have always been Asus and I was not disappointed. The manual and packaging is first rate and the board has every feature you could possibly want on it, including an on board SSD drive manager and caching technology, it even mildly overclocked my rig just by me clicking the optimal Asus profile in the bios.

Just be aware though that some of these boards shipped with the earliest bios, and you might need a usb drive to flash the latest version before it will work with some i7 CPUs and some types of RAM. I have 16GB of Corsair vengeance (in black to match the board) 1600mhz ram, but the board can handle much more and at higher speeds. Very pleased with my purchase though the more knowledgeable PC enthusiast might well legitimately say that the Sabertooth Z77 and an I5 or something is a better buy.

One thing I do know is that I will never buy an AMD rig again. There is no way my old rig could have been making the best use of my GTX 580.

If there is a better X79 chipset board I do not know, maybe the ASUS ROG boards are, but they aren't all PCI-E 3.0. In any event this board (Sabertooths are usually the cheaper of the two) has set the standard very high indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Motherboard!, 7 Mar 2013
I brought this motherboard beast together with my Intel Core i7 3930K CPU, to upgrade my system, let me be sincere, I do not enjoy the Idea of rising high my computer budget, to sky-level prices when it come to buy Graphics adapters, I am the kind of user who is more keen to buy a new GPU year or every two years, because I am not the kind of person who enjoys to rise up the electrical bill to high prices, so I will probably stay with one GPU instead of using the SLi profile it can afford, but I am stuck with a GTX 660 Ti, which I am testing singly on my computer on every computer game I can put my hand on, and guess what? IT WORKS WITH EVERYTHING ULTRA/MAXIMUM/HIGH Detail, but seriously I am thinking two options, buying another 660 Ti, or one if sooner to come 780.
This motherboard has an 5 year warranty which is the time that I intend to stay with it on a minimum scale, because if this 2011 socket has come to stay probably I will stay put on it until USB 5.0 SATA 5.0 and PCI-e 5.0 comes out, as I came from the 1.0 specifications on all that, except for the USB which was 2.0

This is MOST CERTAINLY THE BEST MOTHERBOARD I HAD EVER BOUGHT! RECOMMEND TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome Motherboard, 8 Dec 2013
Have used Asus for years and this one does not disappoint. I like having the two banks of memory and am running 64Gb of 1600mhz DDR3. I also like the two 6gb cache sata connections as it makes the boot up extremely fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars herp, 19 May 2013
Nice motherboard nothing else to say :) +2 small cooler on the board.
Package also contains a SLI cable for videocards.

5.0 out of 5 stars not sure..., 2 Feb 2013
Hey guys this board looks good im currently using a cheaper asus motherboard to be exact its a P8 Z77-V LX board and I5 processor and was wondering if i just bought this for now and saved up for I7 would this board work with I5 for the time being im not to sure on computers but i have a GTX 680 SC 8gb G skill ram if that helps.