on 13 December 2013
After a bios update - see Asus website - this motherboard works with the Intel i7 4960x processors. The intel motherboards that use an LGA 2011 socket don't; hence my reason for purchasing this.

Feature rich, interactive bios and plenty of room for expansion.

Two problems, though, so far: the usb 3 ports keep disconnecting my external hdd and my pc won't shut down if it goes into standby, but minor issues really that can be fixed.

Overall, very pleased with my purchase.
on 5 February 2014
I've had this board a year now with a 3820 CPU - clocked to about 4.3Ghz.

We started with a 7850 and upgraded to twin R9 270's and it flies. It can now run most games on (or near) all max settings (including AA) at 60fps 1080p, and very near-max across three screens.

Its been rock solid, no problems. So I'm very pleased with it. Very good value for money.

If I was buying a CPU now I'd get the 4820 - its about 10% faster then the 3820 - but they both perform pretty close to CPUs costing more than twice as much.
on 14 September 2013
Motherboard is very good and I flashed BIOS and installed new 4930K processor. It has only 3 PCI-E slots, I was expecting more. It also has two older PCI slots which may still be useful. However for my needs it is enough, I never filled all the slots ever. If it's any less than 3 PCI-E I would be concerned, but in my case it is perfectly fine.

It looks good, BIOS is nice and has many fan connectors, takes 64 GB memory. I wanted more expensive version but actually they all perform the same so I chose this one. It is not good if wireless is built in for security purposes. So it is better to use removable wi-fi card (PCI) or USB wifi. I installed 32 GB of memory and it is all recognized and working.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 August 2012
This product is brilliant, performance wise and in every other aspect, and I got it for an awesome price. Ita so far the beat motherboard that i hve used. Also the service was great, as usuall. I will continue to purchase goods from Amazon.
on 8 August 2014
really nice but a number of USB ports not working
on 12 May 2015
The one I received was broken, there were 2 ram slot clips snapped off the board and the cpu mount wasn't very secure, there was hair inside the box and it didn't look like hair off a head....returned right away and will buy elsewhere
on 25 February 2015
Brilliant Mobo, works as listed and runs perfectly in my system.
Didn't realise that it actually lowers fan speeds by itself depending on cpu temp, brilliant feature and a awesome surprise!
on 14 April 2014
I have had problems with this mother board so far. Worked first time, easy to set up and use for over clocking or just as normal.
on 5 December 2015
Brilliant! Like a brand new board even though was technically refurbished
on 9 April 2015