on 23 March 2013
I have an Avenger's mad 4 year old so this was an obvious purchase to complete his costume sets (he has all the thor stuff, hulk hands, and iron man stuff) especially as it is cheaper than the disc firing version.

Quality:
The overall quality of this item is very good for the price (we paid under £20 for it at the time). It is made of very solid yet light weight plastic and so far has held up extremely well to my son's constant abuse. I note a lot of negative comments about this item being glorified frisbee; yes it is about the size of a frisbee (about the size of a large dinner plate) but don't forget Captain America's shield is for throwing so from a child's perspective this is a good thing (the marks all over my walls and ceiling are proof of that!). This item does have a strap, and yes it is only made of elastic - but don't let this put off as it is better than you might think. It is about 2" wide and is doubled over and heavy stitched. My son and his younger brother grab, hurl it, bang it, bite it and generally harass it and so far no signs of wear to the strap whatsoever. It is also tight enough to the back to allow a strong and comfortable grip which enables my sons to role play enthusiasticlly with their other Avenger toys ("You want me to put the hammer down?" gets yelled a lot in our house). The only negative about the quality is the paint job, it is clearly factory sprayed and as such it began to wear off and chip pretty much straight away hence the four stars rather than five for durability. On the plus side my son thinks this is just 'battle damage'.

Fun:
Loads. My son barely goes anywhere whithout his shield and has never said a negative thing about it (aside from wondering why it doesn't make the 'lightening show' when struck like it does in the film, but that's kid's for you lol)

Educational value:
Well, obviously, not very much. It is an action/role play toy for fighting so i would look elsewhere for a toy that ticks this box. That said there are of course a number of developmental benefits to encouraging imaginative play so its not all bad.

Verdict:
Overall this is a great toy and fits the bill for any young Avenger's fan. I would strongly recommend it as long as you can get it at a good price - it is certainly not worth more than the £15-£20 mark.
on 17 June 2013
Whoever had the idea to print a Captain America shield onto a frisbee is a bona fide genius! Endless fun for my three-year old.
on 20 May 2013
Perfect gift for a small boy to protect himself while saving the world and especially his big sister and brother!
on 3 February 2013
After waiting over a week after the estimated delivery date the product finally arrived, when it did the paint on the shield was scratched and there were other marks on it too, it didn't look new.
Its a basic shield, nothing special but extremely overpriced for what it is.
on 23 April 2013
It looks as the picture, its quite solid with a good handle on the back - overall it the size and shape of a frisbee and a rather expensive one at that!
on 18 March 2013
I bought this for my 6 year old son, as it was £25 i wrongly assumed it was the one that fired discs. How wrong i was, it is a cheap frisbee with a strap on the back. Had i seen this in a shop i would say it is worth approx £5! I am going to attempt to send this back, but no doubt this will prove difficult as i also hadn't realised it had been shipped from america. The only positive thing i can say is that it came quick, so if you need a quick present to accompany the outfit and don't mind wasting money, go for it!
on 14 February 2013
I thought that this product would be far more impressive than it is. Cheap frisbee for £29.99!?!?! disgraceful!! I'm sure that when I placed the order I was led to believe that it was the one that fired discs. This is THE most rubbish product that I have ever purchased online and I'm almost ashamed to give it to my 5yr old grandson as a present!! The company that sells this should hang their collective heads in shame for profiteering in this way, it is worth about £5.99.
on 5 May 2013
The delivery service was brilliant - arrived in two days and had come from America so was very impressed. The shield though was much smaller that I had expected (probably my own fault for not checking the item description properly) and, as other reviews have said, is only a frisbee with some elastic attached to the back. Terrible value for money. I will be returning it.
on 4 November 2013
What every avid Captain America fan wants, my boy loves it.

Construction is plastic painted in Captain America's colours with elastic strap on the back for them to grip onto.

If it's thrown about it will start to mark/scratch but this is to be expected on a kids toy, especially if they try emulating Captain America by throwing it like a Frisbee.
on 12 March 2013
i can't believe what poor quality this item is for the money. it is just a plastic frisbee with an elastic piece on the back to hold it with. I couldn't send it back because I had promised to get it for my grandson. What a total rip off!