5.0 out of 5 stars Works just great
The lens arrived shortly after placing my order in a small box. The barlow could be better packaged but apprears fine.

The barlow is well made and fits into the eyepiece holder on the telescope and into the eyepiece very nicely, made to measure!

Published on 16 Jan. 2013 by Mark Bowles

3.0 out of 5 stars Barlow Lens(x2)
This lens does the job very well but could do with covers for both ends. It could also benefit from a stiffer package to avoid being damaged in the post, a jiffy bag is not enough protection. delivery was as promised.
Published 18 months ago by davetech

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just great, 16 Jan. 2013
Mark Bowles (Plymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Achromatic Barlow Lens (2x) BA2 for telescopes 31,7mm (1,25") (Electronics)

In use, the magnification is very good and the clarity of the subject in this case the moon, is very sharp.

I have to ask why other Barlows cost so much more compared to this one??

I am very pleased with this purchase, it has improved the power of my Celestron Travelscope 70 greatly for little additional cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality for the price, recommended, read-on for in depth., 27 April 2014
The barlow lens is excellent value, and is of surprisingly good build quality. A good test I did to somewhat verify this is when putting a very well made webcam adapter into it, and let it drop in by gravity, it slowly went in, as air between the adapter and the barlow lens could not escape too fast out of the gaps, which verifies that the barlow lens is very accurate in it's circularity and general "even-ness". However, please remember how much you are paying, and note that there is a reason why this is a third the price of celestron barlows. More expensive equals better quality lenses and geneal build quality. Never-the-less, I would recommend this. I have used it so far to view the Moon, Jupiter, and Mars, and I have to say, it is amazing at how good the quality is...FOR...the price. I mentioned the webcam adapter didn't I... well I use a simple xbox 360 webcam, the webcam adapter, this barlow lens, a darkening filter, and I can get very satisfying images of what I said I have viewed.

I would recommend if you are beginning like me, but please just remember the price and that more expensive will generally equal better quality.

Sam

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic addition to my first scope, 18 Feb. 2013
I ordered this Barlow lens on the same day I ordered my Celestron Travel scope, and it arrived only a day after the scope, really good delivery service.

I agree with other reviews and the lens should have two covers rather than one, but for now I am keeping it in the original envelope it was delivered with and then inside the bag that comes with the Travel scope.

The performance is great, the detail that provides of the craters of the moon is fantastic and exceeded my expectations on such a small telescope. Very happy with it and looking forward to explore further through the night sky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality for the price!, 26 Sept. 2013
I'm using this Seben 2x Barlow lens in a recently purchased Celestron 70 Travelscope and I have to say that the quality of this lens image through the telescope is really excellent. I also bought a slightly cheaper 3x Barlow plastic lens from a different company at the same time and the quality of image was very poor by comparison with the Seben lens. The Seben lens has glass optics and the difference in the clarity of image compared to the plastic lens is remarkable. I only wish that Seben made a 3x Barlow lens which I would purchase immediately, but I can't see one on their website?

Seben's customer service is also superb. I bought a wrong sized lens which had already been dispatched but they managed to stop the shipment and give me a full refund the same day. The 2x Barlow lens also arrived much more quickly than expected (within a week of ordering) considering it is shipped from Germany.

Quality product and quality service - highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seben Barlow 1.25 Lens x2, 29 Oct. 2012
First let me say I am very pleased with this Barlow lens.However it took a long time for it to get to me although still within the estimated delivery time. I was a bit impatient to use it. The Barlow lens by Seben is well made and worked pefectly. I was a bit disappionted to discover that only the top cover was fitted to it but not a bottom cover.Surely one should be fitted to protect the lens from the bottom as well when not in use. The absence of a bottom lens cover does not reflect well on Seben. However I managed to find that a cap from my wife's hair styling mousse fitted it perfectly well. All in all I am very happy to use this Barlow lens and would recommend it for astronomical use with any 1.25 telescope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 7 Jan. 2013
Arrived very early, is a great quality beginner/intermediate Barlow lens, for such little money it was worth it. Seben makes are very high quality, so this is a must have for a telescope

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 9 Mar. 2013
Great product for the money this barlow lens performs 10 times better then my expensive ones ! delivery speed was amazing great company great prices a++++ would definitley recommend this item and company :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 Aug. 2013
Came in a little box, well packed with my other order from Seben. Came within 5 days which is fantastic service from Germany! Great build quality with easy screwing. Good optics which makes viewing easier as this product effectively doubles the focal length of your telescope, do not get confused thinking that this will double the strength of your eyepiece! e.g. it may seem that using a 2x Barlow Lens with a 20mm eyepiece will effectively give you the same magnification as a 10mm Eyepiece, this is wrong as it will double the focal length. For instance, with my Astromaster 130EQ which has 650mm focal length it gives 1300mm focal length effectively, which, with a 10mm eyepiece, gives it 130x magnification. Still a fantastic product and I will be buying my eyepieces from Seben in future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality lens, 31 July 2013
This is an excellant value for money lens, have only had it a short time but have found the image quality brilliant. The view of the moon and its craters are excellant. For the price, this is a lens every telescope owner should have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition, 24 Feb. 2013
Have to mirror what other reviews have stated. Build quality is excellent - well milled and glass optics look clear and well mounted - fits my kids' Celestron 130 perfectly in the 1.25" aperture. Doubles up the magnification as specified and can't see any degradation in image quality with this stacked onboard. Makes a big difference with the moon - far more surface detail (i prefer to view in last of daylight/dusk and first light conditions, when the moon's brightness doesn't blow all the detail away). Also Jupiter, which is very visible all evening at the moment, now becomes a disc with colour visible - before it was more of a large white blob. The Galilean moons were visible before, but are now more prominent and you can see their size differs now. All this with the kit eyepiece of 10mm. My next investment will be a 4mm and/or 6mm from this same company and see if that produces even more impressive sights. Recommended to anyone not blown away by the initial images produced by a 130mm or less telescope. Don't just stick it on ebay or put it in the loft - buy yourself a Barlow and enjoy the instant difference!