TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 May 2012
I was looking for a pouch that would protect my HTC Flyer from splashes (and the accidental drop?) in the bath when reading my Kindle books and this has fulfilled that requirement.
Actually I built up the courage and I put my beloved tablet in the pouch, sealed it up and dropped it in the bath and held it under for a moment. Took it out of the bath and pouch and sure enough, it was bone-dry! I am well chuffed with this pouch! Also I do like the pink look about the pouch and the fact it has three sealing strips, and you roll the top up to make it watertight.
I hear from some reviews with other waterproof pouches that people struggle to touch the screen of their tablets though it. However I do not find that to be the case (get it? lol) if you squeeze out as much air from the pouch before sealing it up and the pouch touching the screen of the tablet, thus the screen responds without a problem.

Great product and a cheap price and would really recommend.
review image
on 6 October 2012
I bought 2 of these cases, blue for me and pink for my wife (only one supplier on Amazon actually had 2 colours at the time of purchase). The cases were for use on our holiday to Cyprus, so were mainly to cope with sun lotion, sweat and splashes from the hotel swimming pool. They did the job really well and one one occasion I was actually sitting in the swimming pool reading my Kindle with confidence that it would not get damaged.

I found it very easy to open the clip and remove the cord without having to cut it so it can be replaced if required.

A great little product and for the price, if it only lasts a short time it is well worth it for peace of mind. However, our cases show no sign of wear and tear so far and will certainly be used again on our next holiday.

Update: used these on holiday 2012 and 2013 with no sign of wear. Planning to use them again in 2014. Great product and well worth the price.
on 9 July 2012
This item was perfect for my Kindle Keyboard version. I removed the neck strap and then used it for months while reading in the bath. Did exactly the job I wanted it for and survived some fairly big bath splashes.

BUT my Kindle died (don't cry) and I replaced it with the new snazzy touch version. This case is now useless. Although my new Kindle fits in it the device registers the plastic touching it as a screen press. Cue it manically changing pages, font size, opening menus etc etc. I will now have to find another solution.

To sum up this is a brilliant item for the older Kindle versions but doesn't work with the Touch.
on 26 May 2012
I really missed being able to read a book in the bath and never dared taking my kindle, due to previous incidents of soggy pages & books on radiators drying!
This is perfect does exactly what it says on the tin (so to speak)
It even fits inside with the cover on it!
Perfect :)
on 26 April 2012
I purchased this to read my kindle whilst sitting on the edge of the pool as concerned about it getting wet when inconsiderate people jump in where you are sitting. It does the job well. I am not sure I would trust dropping it in the pool to test how waterproof it is,but it appears to be well sealed. The quality was better than I expected for the price. If I ever drop it accidentally, I will update you!
on 25 August 2012
This is larger than the Kindle, clear on one side. I used it to keep sand and water out on holiday around pools and beaches. This was perfect. I had no problems reading through it or using the Kindle. It's been well used for 2 weeks solidly and will be used again.
on 13 September 2012
This is actually a very good waterproof bag. I purchased it to use with my Kindle Touch, unfortunately it is not compatible as it makes contact with the Kindle screen, turning the pages and all sorts! It is specifically advertised to be used with the Kindle Touch hence the advertising is very misleading, hence the 2 star review.
on 29 January 2016
Can't use it on a fire. Can only use it with kindles with a button because it doesn't work well with a touch screen. I bought 4 for me and my frimom da when we went on a spa day. I had a fire and and other girl had an iPad mini and we couldn't use it. I've given mine to my mum now who has a normal kindle and she uses it fine. My other 2 friends had a basic kindle and a paperwhite and they got on fine too.
on 21 April 2012
Seems fine - took my kindle to the beach and it appears to have stopped any grains of sand getting in
The neckcord is a bit superfluous but you can easily wrap it out of the way, and its not as difficult as other reviewers
have made out to turn on and off.
on 30 August 2013
I bought this for my Kindle Touch; what a waste of time!!! I cannot turn the page, then it'll turn umpteen! It's having to go back, no way can I use it.

Since writing the review I have followed the advice from a previous review - I put a sheet of corrugated cardboard in the back of the cover, filling the whole sleeve, which pushed the Kindle Touch forward and I'm pleased to say I can now read in the bath! The packaging clearly says it's for a Kindle Touch (although the photos show one with a keyboard, so guess I'm at fault there) yet it is way too big.