4.0 out of 5 stars A very decent and nice "back to basics" mobile phone
People looking for a budget phone who are not bothered about fancy features and specs could do worse than look at this phone.

My overall pros and cons listed here

Pros:
+ Build is pefectly ok for a budget phone decent enough plastics this can take a tumble and last
+ Keypad is fine for me, it's a single moulded affair but works well...
Published on 19 Oct. 2012 by Mr Baz

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for what it is
This phone texts calls and does radio, what do you expect?! As a teenager this phone is hardly flashy but I kind of have reverse pride over it. It isn't meant to be cool and it is not but it has a really long battery life! I have dropped it multiple times - once from 3 metres and so far it hasn't broken!

HOWEVER: I bought this phone from carphone warehouse for...
Published on 3 Jan. 2013 by Rowena

4.0 out of 5 stars A very decent and nice "back to basics" mobile phone, 19 Oct. 2012
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)

My overall pros and cons listed here

Pros:
+ Keypad is fine for me, it's a single moulded affair but works well enough
+ Screen is improved over previous budget Samsung mobiles a little bigger, resolution is stil fairly low but with better contrast easier to read in various lighting. Older models I found a bit "washed out" this is better esp in that regard
+ Takes micro SD cards so you can listen to music (seems to be MP3 format only)up to 2Gb which is plenty for most people
+ FM radio whilst not a big deal to some, this is more useful than most. Does not require you to connect headphones either. Very handy to have a radio on your phone. There is no RDS or anything snazzy like that, but you can store presets and the reception is good.
+ Loud! You won't have any problems hearing this at rush hour
+ Overall has enough features to satisfy most people who don't need tasty cameras, video and lots of internet use. Currency/weight converters, stop watch/timers simple things but some of them are useful enough
+ Huge battery life. Lost your charger for 2 weeks? Well if you are not making loads of calls this phone has staggeringly good battery life almost up to epic proportions. Really it's that good, travel around a bit and want a phone that has big battery endurance and you won't cry if it gets lost of squased..you have found it!
+ Sound quality fine, no problems to report I can hear people ok and clearly, they can with me
+ Bang per buck..a hard phone to fault, whilst basic it's a bit more meaty than previous super budget phones (camera/radio/music player etc) and that is enough for me in many cases. Angry dog down the road grabs your phone and eats it? Well you're going to be a lot less upset with this outlay v you smart phone/iphone meeting a grim death!
+ Bluetooth, important addition esp for headsets/driving etc. I could not get mine to work with music/radio..but it worked for calls. Maybe that's how it is designed.

Cons:
- No 3.5mm jack. Supplied headphones are ok but basic and not really that great (are we shocked at this price though?) Samsung use their own one fits all charger and headphone socket in one..so unless you can find an attachment with a samsung connector to 3.5 mm jack you're stuck with these. I have one from my G600 phone so I can use other headsets
- Basic camera/video. Might pass for a quick MMS test but don't get too excited just a basic VGA camera. I suppose the expression "better than nothing" applies. Just take it for what it is..a very simple affair. Makers have been reserving decent cameras for higher priced handsets, my advice is to just bring a compact along..it will thump most phones for quality
- Keypad lock seems to engage a bit quickly for my own tastes, but you can disable this in the menus

Hard to complain for this price, the addition of the camera/radio/music player and a few other bits drag this up from a super basic phone, to a more appealing but still not overly basic one. The radio/music player are important additions for many folks, and despite the lack of a 3.5mm jack this is just a phone that does it's intended job pretty well, with a few extras that were missing on previous ultra cheap handsets. It's a phone you actually like quite a bit more than you think, despite the basic display etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why buy anything else?, 11 Feb. 2012
Had one of these for almost two years now with not a single problem. Wife also has one. Smart, light, Bluetooth, camera, ultra long battery life, speaker phone, alarm features, FM radio, voice recorder, calculator, timer, stopwatch etc. - it does everything I need (and more) extremely well for an incredibly low price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, user-friendly & compact, 2 Mar. 2012
This is a great phone. I use it for my business and only need this for basic texts and calls. It's very straight forward and easy to use. It fits into my pocket easily and the charge has currently held for nearly 2 weeks since I bought it, with light to moderate use. I'm very impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not brilliant, 25 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Samsung E2121 SIM Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
Bought and owned one of these phones for a few months back in the summer of 2010 after parting company with the poor excuse for a phone that was my Blackberry Pearl 8120 (see seperate review). As a device it does its' job as a simple call-and-text phone, but it has probably more negatives than positives.

Samsung inform us that you access the internet on this phone - personally I don't recommend it as there is only so much web content you can see on a phone with a display screen of this size, which is why I never used this feature on mine whilst I had it. I now have a computer on which to go surfing, so why should I choose to do it on a phone? The camera too is another weakness in that it is a standard VGA type, meaning the quality of pictures could be a bit ropy and crude. My advice is to have a mega pixel-rated camera on your phone, as the end result will be so much better.

Wallpaper choice too is limited, and the display could be easier on the eye. If I had to name at least one positive, it would have to be the battery life - with a full charge it will last for at least a week, if not more.

So not that special a phone if you're after the internet in your hand whilst on the move, but if you choose to ignore this feature and prefer a device that won't weigh you down and doesn't cost the earth, then by all means get one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Life is Bonkers............, 21 Aug. 2012
Taki34 (Newcastle Upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung E2121 SIM Free Mobile Phone (Electronics)
If your sick of the sight of Smart Phones and want to return to the days when simply texting and voice calls were enough. This is the boy for you..............Small, Lightweight and a battery that could power "The Avenger's' Lair. 3 weeks in and I only lost 2 bars of battery.....................BUY IT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung E2121B ., 16 Nov. 2011
Mr. J. S. Bradly "JSB" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This Phone is terrific for its price and does everything it is meant to do and the battery is truly Amazing as it lasts for about three weeks with constant use. I am delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 8 Feb. 2012
I have used iphones and android phones. Of these the iphone is still the best piece of hardware but android is the up and coming operating system. Neither are yet at the stage of fit for purpose as no manufacturer wants to address the issue of battery life. So I have gone back to basics.

The samsung E2121B is a phone, a radio and an mp3 player. All of these it does really well. If you need to keep in touch with your emails you can and if you want to browse the web to catch up on something you can. Need to take a photo of something then you can but this function is only for emergencies.

As an experienced IT professional I believe in the right tool for the job. If you want to take excellent photos get an SLR camera, if you want to browse the web use a laptop or tablet with 3G.

If you want a phone that does all the basics and has a battery life that will really ensure you can always make that call then this is the phone for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 10 Oct. 2012
My 11 year old son bought this phone with his birthday money and he loved the phone. Regrettably he left it in his school trouser pocket and it went through 2 full cycles in the washing machine. About an hour and a half in water then spin. You would have thought end of phone. I took the back off, battery out, and sim card out put it all on the radiator for a week. Put it back together charged it and it worked like new and has ever since. We don't intend to try it again but what a fantastic phone!!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 30 Dec. 2011
eggcellent mobile!:) bettery life is great! such a relief after HTC Wildfire. Now I don't have to charge my battery every single day :) Do recommend strongly! Get it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung E2121B, 4 Feb. 2012
Excellent little phone, only have to charge it once a week sim free and unlocked. Ok its not a smart phone but its smart enough for me. Lightweight and easy to use, if its just a phone you want to chat and text then this is it. I rate it Excellent!

Samsung E2121 SIM Free Mobile Phone