5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Plug and Play
Two plug-in units and two Ethernet cables, that's it. One cable between router and single-socket unit and plug it in. Second cable between computer and triple-socket unit and plug that in in another room. Internet connected - it really is that simple. I'll get another two cables for my laptop and printer and I'm done, no trailing cables from one room to another, no...
Published on 26 Mar 2012 by George Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, beware of the noise....
I've recently bought one of these kits. They're simple to install, but I've noticed the unit with 3 ports on it makes a constant high pitched whine or hum which unless you have the TV or radio on quite loud tends to get on your nerves after a while. I've got a support call in with Devolo to see if this is normal or not. The unit has several cooling vents, which I assume...
Published on 24 Feb 2012 by Mr. M. P. Clinton

4.0 out of 5 stars So pleased with this ..., 10 Jun 2012
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 AVtriple+ Starter Kit (Electronics)
Easy to set up, worked immediately, does exactly what it says in the box. The router can stay where it is and we can watch streamed programmes and films with no buffering problems. Not cheap but worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not work at all well, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 AVtriple+ Starter Kit (Electronics)
This product is quick and easy to set up but that is where it's positives end. I've had it just under a year and the adapter has just died. Even when it worked it was far slower than the advertised speed. I realise that there are environmental factors that can impact up on the transfer speed but in my opinon its false advertising. DO NOT BUY these.

Learn to crimp your own cat5 cable and run them on the outside of your property (if you don't want to see the cables around your home). For the cost of the cables, crimping kit and a drill bit you'll save a lot of money, especially as on average this Devolo seems to die within a year for most people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, easy to set up., 24 Aug 2012
N Tindle (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 AVtriple+ Starter Kit (Electronics)
Really simple to set up, worked first time with no issues and provides a fast Internet connection between all three floors of my house. Would definitely recommmed it. One point worth noting is that it only comes with two ethernet cables so you will need extra cables to make use of all three connections.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT boost wireless signal - don't buy the wrong thing, 5 Sep 2012
N. Free - See all my reviews
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 AVtriple+ Starter Kit (Electronics)
Ok, so it may be my fault for buying the wrong thing but the product description left a little gap in my knowledge. I was a techno phobe and worried about buying the wrong thing... then I bought the wrong thing. Part of the reason is that when I read diligently through the customer reviews for this exact product, there were a lot of rave reviews and great comments but with ambiguous language... so when somebody says "wow, this eradicates all my wireless blackspots" and similar, I thought, great, this is for me. I have a main PC, near the BT home hub and wired in with a LAN cable but I also run a laptop wirelessly around the house, iPad, iPhone, iPods. DSI's etc. Standard stuff for a 4 person family these days. At the point furthest from the BT home hub, the wireless signal drops into a black hole. I wanted something that would give me a good wireless coverage over the whole house, with a LAN connector for my sons desktop PC. The idea was that we'll plug this in his room, he gets the LAN connection and the rest of the house (upstairs) get the boosted wireless signal so we can use our wireless devices etc. I was totally confused and frustrated after 35 minutes of getting nothing and then checked develo.co.uk directly and looked up the tech support number. I called them and a very pleasant chap explained that this model was NOT a wireless signal booster too, it simply gave you extra LAN connections that needed to use a LAN cable to extra devices. I questioned him and explained my reasoning for buying it. He reckoned though that whilst people were accurate in their reviews, it was a little misleading. E.g. somebody saying it eradicates wireless blackspots was being correct in that wireless blackspots are no longer an issue because this product lets you plug in the devices in other rooms directly with a LAN cable... Hmmmm... Or, he suggested that they were meaning "used in conjunction with the dlan200 wireless booster" it has given them extra LAN connection points for cables and wireless boosting through the dlan 200 adapter. Hmmm... OK, so in summary if like me you are a techno phobe and not sure what you need, I would suggest that you call devolo directly and ask them. They are really helpful. I do want to have a single extra LAN connection point AND wireless boosting over the whole house to really eradiate blackspots (by boosting the wireless signal from my BT home hub) and the devolo chap has told me exactly what I need to buy; the dlan 200 "wireless" adapter.

Footnote: he did confirm for the avoidance of doubt that if I bought the 200 wireless booster model and later decided that I needed more LAN cable connections in other rooms the devices were all compatible and I could add more and more on, as I needed whilst retaining and operating the original wireless booster.

He also noted that if I waited until Nov/Dec 2012, devolo are bringing out the dlan 500 model which DOES have wireless booster incorporated... but that is not released in the UK yet and will be pretty pricey. That is what I hoped my original purchase would be but alas I was confused/misled by the product reviews and bought the wrong thing. The 500 is on its way back for a refund and I've ordered the 200 Wireless booster instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK if your NOT English, 1 Oct 2012
This review is from: Devolo dLAN 500 AVtriple+ Starter Kit (Electronics)
Item arrived earlier than expected which was great but unfortunately all the instruction leaflet inside were in every other language on Earth but apart from Ink Jet Cartridges which were from China there was absolutely nothing with the printer for installation in English which I find stupid.

Devolo dLAN 500 AVtriple+ Starter Kit