4.0 out of 5 stars Paris - Disneyland for lovers, 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: Lovers in Paris (Kindle Edition)
I'm just back from Paris for the first time recently and thought that I would take some books with me with themes to the city, I took this book and Orwell's down and out in Paris, which I haven't finished yet. I did finish this pretty quickly though, It was a good read of a collection of short stories all based in Paris on New years eve and day. Funny, witty, with characters you want to root for. And if you've ever been to Paris and stayed near the Gare du Nord and Montmarte then you will enjoy this book even more. If not it may even inspire you to visit and experience a random romance for yourself. SPOILER ALERT The only reason I gave this 4 stars though and not five as I felt to keep the realism we needed at least one or two unhappy endings of lovers not getting together, call me cynical, but this is the real world lol Good book though and good writing :) will definitely check out more of your work soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Will-they-won't-they love stories with a well-described Paris backdrop, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Lovers in Paris (Kindle Edition)
Lovers in Paris by Andy Conway is a collection of New Years Eve short stories set, unsurprisingly, mostly in Paris - the city of love. This book is a lovely mini-break in Paris, the perfect solution to get you in the party mood and, the great thing about short stories is the ability to pop in and out when time allows, although I had no trouble in turning the pages.

The couples in the stories are a good mix of different nationalities and their reasons for being in Paris are just as varied and while love is on their minds they don't all buy into Paris truly being the city of love. There is romance, but this is not a soppy lovie-dovie book. We have first meets, unexpected get-back-togethers, disappointments, love at first sights, surprises and plenty of examples of fate taking a hand in the best laid plans.

I enjoyed meeting the characters, reading the snippets of their lives and following their will-they-won't-they relationships unfold and develop (or disintegrate) with a well-described Paris as a backdrop. Towards the end there is a lovely twist, which made a good collection of short stories even better. Unfortunately I can't say anymore, as it would spoil it for you.

I was sent a copy of this book to review.

Lovers in Paris