5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Camera
Published 19 months ago by Mahmood

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't
Don't buy it! Okay, it's cheap and for the price the camera is suitable for holiday snaps if image quality is not a priority.
For me the resulting photos are most important. After all what's the point of going on hols, going to weddings and other events ending up with so-so pictures?
Published 2 months ago by THEscorcher!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Camera, 16 Sep 2012
I bought this camera for my family trip to Prague and Paris, done lot of research on the web, price and functions comparison and finally reluctantly bought this camera from Amazon. I have to wait for 4 days till the camera delivered at home, I really like the look of the camera. Took few photographs of my wife and daughter and I like the result, flash though look small like every digital camera but is very powerful really lit up the picture. During my 8 days trip I took more than 2,500 pictures, made few videos and the results are fantastic. Work perfectly indoor, outdoor and also in low light. I higly recomment this camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, 5 Nov 2012
J. Beecham (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympus SH-21 Digital Zoom Camera - Black (16MP, 12.5x Super-Wide Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD Touch Panel (Electronics)
I am very much a novice when it comes to taking pics. I want ease of use, and reliability.

I chose this camera as it ticked most of the boxes and was fairly low in price.

I took it away with me and it performed as it should have. It has some nice features, the pics are clear, it is easy to use, quick to start up and the battery life seemed excellent. I think I took around 500 pics in 2 weeks and charged it once, mid way.

It feels well made, is small and light.

The zoom is ok, and the software you get with it is a bit slow and clunky, otherwise fully recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant camera, 18 Aug 2013
The pictures are brilliant and it's easy enough to use (that is the extent of my camera knowledge).
I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb piece of kit, 6 Aug 2013
T. Hardy (Yorkshire, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
Having tired of carting a large digital SLR around and seeing the amazing quality of the camera built into my wife's iPhone, I decided I needed a camera capable of being carried in a pocket but allowing me to take a high quality image. This camera fits the bill perfectly. After an awful lot of research of the various models in this category that are available and after much reading of camera magazine test reports I bit the bullet and bought it. In fact the camera is so good, I take most of my pictures on the 5mb setting (camera is capable of 16mb). Pictures are pin sharp and the colours are superb. Macro setting is also very, very good. The only thing that I regard as a bit naff is the 'special effect' options, very gimmicky and unnecessary on a camera of this quality. It is also possible to fine tune the camera's settings to suit your individual preferences.

I paid 120 for my camera, now I see the price is sub 100. For a camera of this quality, which also includes a video option, it's just too good to miss in my opinion.

And by the way...... it beats the iPhone camera hands down for picture quality!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 5 Nov 2012
An excellent camera. Was looking for a new camera in a hurry (old one was accidently dropped!) before we went on holiday.
This one really caught my eye. The quality of picture it takes is superb. Not overly expensive either - all in all, I'm really happy I bought this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus SH-21 Digital Zoom Camera - Black, 26 Feb 2014
Genuine NEW camera in original unopened box.
Prompt delivery 48 hours earlier.

Not actually used it yet but meets description and details as written.
Looks execellent value.

Impressed!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't, 18 Feb 2014
If you're willing to spend more you will usually get more. I have a Canon S110 Powershot and reckon it's the best ultra-small camera available. I guess the later S120 is just as good and the S90 I had a few years ago.
The S110 is now truly remarkable value. You might not need or use some of its magic tricks but you will end up with great photographs ( provided you have a decent printer).

2.0 out of 5 stars Olympus SH-21 Camera., 23 Jan 2014
After taking a few trial photographs, mainly indoors with flash, I was very disappointed. The flash is not powerful enough, and largely left the images very dark in places with noticeable pixilation on both Auto and manual settings. Incredibly it has no Red Eye setting either. Also it is a small compact and fiddly to hold comfortably. Sadly will be returning and upgrading to a higher spec Olympus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value point and shoot, 7 Dec 2013
This camera was bought in September 2013 because I needed an easy to use point and shoot with good video for a 60+ user.

For taking photos, the camera is only used on 'auto' mode and the pictures are excellent quality for the typical holiday and family photos it is used for. Both indoor and outdoor, the camera takes sharp and clear pictures that are vibrant and print well at large sizes.

Video has its own button, which was a deal maker for ease of use. The video is very good for a compact camera, shooting in full HD. The optical zoom also functions while shooting, it is excellent although can be slightly sluggish and noisy. Again the video mode is used only in auto mode.

Playing back pictures through the TV is very easy, the camera has HD output and can also connect to computers and some TVs with the USB cable supplied. I had to buy the HD cable separate. The only downside here is that we do not find the controls for playback intuitive and they are not as clearly marked as the record and shutter buttons.

The camera uses SD cards, so we find transferring images to computer is easy.

I have not used any of the software cd supplied so cannot comment on that.

The first camera I received had to be returned (very easily and quickly, thank you Amazon staff) as all video shot had an extremely loud clicking noise which could be heard on every film. This was most likely the auto focus and was audible over even noisy scenes. The replacement still has a similar noise but is only audible on very quiet scenes.

For the price, I feel the camera was a good purchase compared to similar priced models. For our basic needs there were lost of options under 100, but nothing else at the price had good quality full HD or dedicated camera / video buttons which were required features.

Very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and practical, 27 Nov 2013
Ordered it for our holiday in japan, did its job well. Easy to carry around thanks to the wrist strap you find in the pack. Photos have a nice quality.
I really love the panorama function, was really useful with temples and gardens - when you want to capture the overall feel of the place.
What I do not really use is the touchscreen function - I find the touch shutter did not respond as well as the button, plus I hate fingermarks on displays.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›