on 30 December 2011
I actually won a competition on FiveYearPlanFanzine for this book so managed to bag it for free! Thought the least I could do was to write a review. It covers the years highlighted on the book season by season and then also has the authors personal persecutive on their best starting 11. All personal opinion on which player triumphs in each position but its an interesting debate and entertaining to read.

This book covers CPFC and the era that I've grown up supporting Palace so reading it really brought back the memories. It was really fun to be reminded about bit part players from years gone by and recall the happy and successful days of the early 1990's. It's not a complete anthology going into minute detail but instead and genuinely interesting recount season by season. From what I've read so far it would make and excellent present for anyone that has grown up supporting Palace. I'd probably say that it was best suited to someone 30+ due to the era it covers, but I guess it would be equally informative so a younger fan that wanted to brush up on their Palace history.

All in all if your looking for a Palace related book, you can't go far wrong with this one. 5/5 Fantastic!
on 30 May 2012
I have been a Palace fan and supporter since 1945 when I was 10 years old. Reading this book and the earlier one brought back many memories of players both good and bad who played for Palace.
I remember the early seasons after the war, in Division 3 South and Division 4 and quite a lot of players names from that time, again some good and some bad. Both books were a joy to read. Is there any Palace fan who can cover the post-war years upto the time before these two books? There are quite a lot of names I remember and could add to any list.
on 3 February 2012
Original review:
I bought this as a present for a die hard Palace fan. Unfortunately, the cover was scuffed and the packaging sub par

I was contacted directly by the seller of this product (the original transaction was done by Amazon) and they sent me out a mint copy to rectify the problem.

I will not go into the full details of my interaction with the seller, but will say the way he dealt with my complaint makes most high street chains customer service look bush league by comparison.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 November 2011
excellent book , makes a change for it to be available first on kindle . well worth the money at under £7 especially now you can view kindle books on kindle, ipad, iphones and now laptops and pc's .
on 10 January 2015