Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£21.10

on 12 July 2014
This book is aimed at a very narrow market of folk: Skilled American Graduates. It's pretty hard to apply these principles if you're an everyday person, I bought it as a curiosity, and to be honest, wish I hadn't bothered
on 17 April 2009
It isn't so much the content of the book, it is the way that makes you think! I like that - but Tim does it all for you as well. Provides links, actions, challenges, suggestions and gets you to face your fears....if you are prepared to do the exercises! Even if you don't want to work 4 hours a week and love your job, his efficiency and effectiveness tips are gold. He denounces the concept of busy and for that alone gets 5 stars!!
on 14 February 2012
This book will mess with your head and ruin your life.

It will make you think that work is not fun. It is. There is nothing more satisfying working 8 hours in a job, particularly of course a job you love.

It will tempt you to think that you can find happiness by doing your own thing. You can't. Happiness is a by product of doing the right thing.

If you live the life of idle self indulgence that this book encourages you will never settle down and have a family. You will never know the joy of living for others. You will never discover the satisfaction of seeing others prosper because you have helped them.

You will never be able to compete with others in business by working 4 hours a week when there are brighter people than you out there working 40. Just because the author made a living this way doesn't mean you can. Anyway he now lives on the proceeds of this garbage.

You will die a lonely, old narcissistic adolescent.

Beware! Be very ware ! You have been warned!
77 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 December 2011
This was given to me by a friend who reckoned that I work too hard and this should help me reduce the number of hours drastically. It's a very entertaining read although I don't think I'll accomplish her request soon :-) I got about three good things out of this book: Ferriss offers valuable advice on cutting back my hunger for information, news updates etc. He then continues to explain the various possibilities of outsourcing tasks to say India where people can deal with a broad range of tasks for a limited fee. And he brings across the concept of mini pensions quite well. It's not a book about time management but rather a story by a free spirit who manages to break rules and gets the most out of life. A very enjoyable and good read.
on 18 March 2013
Result orientated and definitive ideas for change, however one may question how sustainable all of this is in the long term? However, it is thought provoking, especially when challenging oneself around comfort zones/procrastination...topical and a worthwhile read...but like every Guru/Self-help specialist - most of it, not all, is relevant. I can see why certain experts, specifically nutritionists/sports stars etc. would find this guy less than authentic at times. My sense is proceed with a degree of common sense. For a layman such as myself - pleased to recommend.
on 19 January 2014
I've just tied the trash bag with this book in it!!

I was excited about reading this book as i have been looking to get out of the 9 to 5 and pursue alternative careers and free up time.

I was really disheartened and after the first 3 chapters i just could not read any more. The author Tim Ferriss made my skin crawl and my gut turn. He comes across a narcissistic, self serving, insensitive, hedonistic type of male.With a huge huge ego that he constantly shows off in this book. Similar males will love him and see him as a role model, so perhaps most of his worshipers are those types.

The book hardly offers any useful advice on making money, structuring strategically and pursuing interests and careers outside the 9 to 5. Instead it's full off silly stories about people doing this and that. It's as if he tries to hook you in at the start of each chapter with some suspenseful exciting story.

It reminds me off those online con artists who promise the world with health ,perfect dates, money making etc scams.

If the reviews are anything to go by and it being a NO1 best seller, it's obvious this egotistical self centered ruthless male has won again.

M
on 20 June 2015
If your looking for a great inspiring audio book this is definately worth the money. It's a real eye opener and will surely change the way you look at life and your work life balance. After listening to this a few times I have implemented some stratagies to improve my life.
on 17 October 2008
The first half of this book is so good at telling you how to save time that if you take it in properly you don't read the second half, you absorb it.

Totally freeing, funny and fantastic.

Sack your boss.
on 7 April 2009
This really is a great book. You'll never think of work the same way again! Two days after reading this book I'd already completely changed the way I work and deal with emails forever. Nicely written, amusing and I'll never think about my life in the same way again.
on 10 July 2007
I have to say this book is blowing me away. I am an entrapaneur and in exactly the same place that Tim Ferris found himself, working 7 days a week and long hours. This book has shown me exactly what I need to do to get things working and earn more money. The stuff in there is not rocket science and I guess if I sat down and thought about it then I could figure it out BUT I do not have the time. This is great because it is written in a way the makes me want to make those changes. It is showing me the customers that I need to get rid of....best of all it is making me think.