Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.73

on 15 July 2012
This is the latest in a series of books that I have thoroughly enjoyed. The books are well written but move at pace and are easy to read, making them all the more enjoyable. The main character Danny is completely loveable. His heart is set firmly on doing the right thing and yet often he has to go outside of the law to get the job done! He is a legend and I can't wait to read about his next adventure. You want life to settle down for Danny so that he can enjoy the quiet life he has most definitely earned, yet somehow, trouble follows him!! The scene setting is excellent and the characters are well formed. More please Mr Lilburn!!!!
on 20 November 2011
I have read all the Danny O'Brien books to date and this one certainly does not disappoint!! A fast paced adventure that is a real page turner - I simply could not put it down!! I just love the characters and over the last few years I have really warmed to Nok and would like to think she is based on a real person that Guy has met on his travels in Thailand. I certainly hope this is not the end of Danny's adventures and any future investigations include my namesake Sharron!!!!
on 28 November 2011
Well done Guy, you certainly put Danny O'Brian through it in this book, what a great twist in th e middle certainly got me as I couldnt put it down and had to read into the small hours, and yet again there was a final twist at the end, I hope that Danny will be back within the near future,again well done Guy keep the old typwriter clicking.
on 6 December 2013
What could one say that has not been said yet? Probably not much really. Guy surely knows the places and culture he writes about very well and he describes them very accurately. It really makes you feel that you are yourself in the middle of his stories, or that you are actually watching a movie. With Danny, he has an amazing character, and all the other characters in the story add the spicy it needs to make it a real fabulous read. Yet another outstanding book by the great Guy Lilburne. I can recommend it to everyone who like a great thriller set in Thailand. But should it be your first thriller with Danny in it, then I would recommend you to start with the previous books of this series..!
on 19 July 2013
This is the third book in the Danny O'Brien trilogy. An ex British copper Danny is drafted in once again to help solve the mysterious murders that ate being committed by a serial killer. The book has so many twists and turns it keeps you on the edge of your seat. You will struggle to put this book down. I live in the Northeast of Thailand in the city of Udon Thani where parts of the book is based. I can guarantee you everything the author writes about the city, the people and the culture is 'spot on'. Do not hesitate read this book!!!!
on 30 May 2014
if you want to go back to the 'famous five' novels, this is it.
Guy usually writes very entertaining and believable stories,this however is neither.
Even the so called Irish accent is nowhere near any Irish that I have known.
The whole story is so predictable,even the Thai Characters are not convincing .....a kids book with one or two adult bits.
on 19 November 2014
An easy read but slightly far fetched I felt. I like his books because I have travelled to Thailand a lot and know a lot of the places he mentions. I have read three of his books but I won't read any more as they are not realistic.
on 2 March 2015
Another rapid fire Danny O'Brien success. Not quite up to the previous two but none the less an enjoyable addition to the series.
on 3 June 2014
Another triumph for Guy Lilburne a fast paced exciting book gives an insider view of life in an Asian country
on 16 January 2015
As usual for this author, excellent read.