5.0 out of 5 stars Emel Mathlouthi - even better live!, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: Kelmti Horra - Emel Mathlouthi (Audio CD)
The review of this Album and the sample track in Songlines magazine instilled some interest in me. Then I discovered that she would be performing at Womad 2013 and I took more notice of the whole album and subsequently downloaded from another site. I earmarked Emel as one to see at the festival. During a workshop where she sang a few songs with just her guitar and talked about her life I realised that she isn't a 'run of the mill' artist. I looked forward to hearing more at her main performance later that same day. WOW! That's all I can say. What a performance! She had a very tight band with her, and the songs came to life with so much power and emotion. I was lucky enough to speak to her briefly after the show, realising even more that (for myself at least) she is a very special artist. If you enjoy what you hear on this album, and Emel is performing within your reach, you MUST go and see her! You won't be disappointed. The next album is due to be released next Spring. Just as well that time passes by quickly! Now I must buy the CD version of this album so that I have the English translations of the songs!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Powerful Voice., 10 May 2012
This review is from: Kelmti Horra - Emel Mathlouthi (Audio CD)
Emel Malthouthi is the Voice of the "Arab Spring". If anyone wants to comprehend the "Spirit of Liberation", this recording will be a necessity for you.

Kelmti Horra - Emel Mathlouthi
Kelmti Horra - Emel Mathlouthi by Emel Mathlouthi (Audio CD - 2012)