5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding entertainment.
These music sessions are outstanding.There is nothing available that can compete with the quality of artists,performance or atmosphere.This is as good as it gets.
These sessions have acted as a gateway into all sorts of music I wouldn`t necessarily listen to,so thanks to everyone concerned .
Published on 2 Feb 2012 by Mrs Cambridge

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the production values
Lovely music played by some of the best acoustic musicians in the genre. When I watched it on BBC 4, I would turn the brightness down to nothing so I could just listen as if on the radio. Who ever is or was in charge of the cameras and the post production should have been shot. Why can't we see the musicians and the bands as a whole? Flicking all over the place is...
Published on 8 April 2012 by Collin Higgs

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it., 20 Feb 2012
James Clark "Perelmanfan" (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transatlantic Sessions - Series 5 [DVD] (DVD)
Its nice in this day and age to hear musicians playing live, together and , I think , without all the doctoring that goes on in current music.
Musicians and singers these days rely on special effects, make-up , video extravaganzas, meaningless lyrics and costume absurdities far too much.
It's so refreshing to hear performers displaying their talent without all that. oh and who can't but love the Scottish and Irish , and American ladies singing in their "native" tongues . John Lennon said "Just give me some truth" ; these artists did just that and gave us great and moving entertainment along the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply splendid, 3 Feb 2012
Teemacs (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Transatlantic Sessions - Series 5 [DVD] (DVD)
Marvellous music, marvellous musicians. A thoroughly enjoyable DVD set. This one features for the first time (and I hope not the last) The Divine Ms. Krauss. I do love watching Sharon Shannon, who always seems to have a ball. And I'm struggling to remember something on which Jerry Douglas didn't play. This one features, for the first time, a blues singer, Eric Bibb, and he makes a splendid contribuition. The one slight disappointment was the young US bluegrass musician Sarah Jarosz, whose contributions on all fronts were, to me, relatively weak and simply not up to the standard of the rest (I think she was slightly awestruck). However, she is only 19, and clearly there's a lot more to come - even the Alison Krausses of this world had to start somewhere (singing songs of the musical "Annie" at age 10, as she laughingly relates to Aly Bain).

All in all, a splendid entertainment, which is beckoning me to poverty as I collect all the others...

5.0 out of 5 stars Celtic folk music at its best, 6 Feb 2014
Maureen C (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transatlantic Sessions - Series 5 [DVD] (DVD)
One of the best of an already great series. A brilliant mix of celtic and american crossover music with a contemporary edge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Can't get enough!, 17 Jan 2014
M. A. Goodman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transatlantic Sessions - Series 5 [DVD] (DVD)
What a superb series this has been. For me this is probably the best to date. It is a joy to listen to so much excellent music played by so many very talented musicians who clearly thoroughly enjoy every minute.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant artists playing together beautifully, 1 Jan 2014
Started watching Transatlantic Sessions in 2011 and was hooked immediately, We bought series 1 - 6 to allow more space on our HD recorder and looking forward to many evenings watching from the beginning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Transatlantic Sessions - Series 5 [DVD] (DVD)
As expected, a great entertaining DVD. Watched the series on TV, so knew what was on it, but why it took a week to despatch I do not know. However, worth the wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Folk haven, 10 Feb 2013
G. Mickiewicz - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transatlantic Sessions - Series 5 [DVD] (DVD)
A friend showed me few clips from earlier series (which I'll get eventually) and I got interested. Later I watched the TS5 on BBC and instantly loved it!
Imagine the best American and British folk musicians playing great tunes in ...
your living room.

5.0 out of 5 stars First class brill, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Transatlantic Sessions - Series 5 [DVD] (DVD)
This is a top class production with a world class music quality from the very best from uk and america

5.0 out of 5 stars Transatlantic Sessions 5, 9 May 2012
This review is from: Transatlantic Sessions - Series 5 [DVD] (DVD)
I ordered series 5 after randomly coming across this brilliant series on the iplayer. So glad I found it and so so pleased that they have released all the other series on dvd's. Have 1 & 2 now as well and have just ordered 3 & 4 (can't wait any longer!) Like so many other people have said, it has introduced me to musicians I either did not know at all or had only vaguely heard of, I now have cd's by artists such as Eddie Reader, John Martyn, Iris DeMent and others. The music is all excellent, wonderful to see the varied pairing up of different musicians - really interesting - love the mix of music, folk, country, gospel, blues.... love the happy creative atmosphere - an evening out on an evening in!

5.0 out of 5 stars transatlantic sessions, 27 April 2012
This review is from: Transatlantic Sessions - Series 5 [DVD] (DVD)
bought this dvd for my husband,s birthday he has session 1,2,3,&4 money worth spent to see him so happy listningto his favourite music

Transatlantic Sessions - Series 5 [DVD]