4.0 out of 5 stars A good beginner's guide
This guide is more suited to those just starting out on a degree, or as a refresher on critical thinking skills. As it is such a vital skill for the top grades at University it's a useful book. However, 4 stars because the structure of the book is a little confusing and the tables don't work on Kindle format. Also a couple of typos.
Published 18 months ago by J

2.0 out of 5 stars For the price of this book, I would recomend ...
For the price of this book, I would recomend instead buying a solid critical thinking skills book which will be a lot more comprehensive. This just skims over the basics which does not really justify the price.
Published 4 days ago by Galya

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A good beginner's guide, 1 Nov. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book, 21 July 2013
I have just purchased and read this book. It gives you a good definition of what being critical means.
The book is written mostly for students and it allows them to get a better understanding of the concept of critical thinking. I would recommend this book to anyone out there who wants to get a little bit deeper into what it is to be critical. It does not really matter if you are a student or not.

PS: I could not read this book in 1 hour but it was worth the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Student Essentials: Critical Thinking, 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Student Essentials: Critical Thinking (Kindle Edition)
I am currently in my first year at university studying early years. A big part of my degree is reflective practice and critical thinking within our practice. This book has helped me greatly, I now know the different between being descriptive, which my lead tutors commented, on with the essays I had written and being critical. This book only took me an hour to read and I now have new confidence in writing future essays. This book I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent buy, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Student Essentials: Critical Thinking (Kindle Edition)
It is very simplified. I ask my self where was this book when I was doing my assignments. It was cheap compared to all other critical review books

4.0 out of 5 stars great introduction, 10 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Student Essentials: Critical Thinking (Kindle Edition)
Very clear and concise introduction to critical thinking for Uni students and others embarking on further education that involves essay writing and dissertations

5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction for students!, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Student Essentials: Critical Thinking (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book after "NOT enough critical analysis" comments on my first two university essays. However after reading this book I realise where I went wrong. Hopefully my next few essays will be fine, only time will tell!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Student Essentials: Critical Thinking (Kindle Edition)
This book contains really useful techniques of how to improve critical writing skills. I am using some of the suggested framework and I think that the critical part of my essay writing has improved. It teaches a clear structure of how to think in a critically analytical way. The proof will now be, hopefully improved essay grades. I hope so!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Student Essentials: Critical Thinking (Kindle Edition)
As a 2nd year degree student I have found this book expains critical thinking in an easy to understand way. It explains the academic pitfalls that are easy to fall into and how not to. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essentials, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Student Essentials: Critical Thinking (Kindle Edition)
A good introduction to all aspiring academic writers. First year students should make it a 'must buy'. Concise, clear and practical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Introduction to Reprogramming the Brain toward Critical Thinking, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Student Essentials: Critical Thinking (Kindle Edition)
A nice, short and concise book that speaks to you in a plain and informative language. This book will be my aid throughout my degree of that I am sure.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›