4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable
Lynda Chance's books are always an enjoyable read and this one doesn't fail to deliver. If you haven't read her books before this one is worth a try.
Published 10 months ago by stargazer

2.0 out of 5 stars OK
Can't say I agree with the glowing review from the previous reviewer. I didn't like David's character at all and felt uncomfortable with the first love scene. David seemed a bit too obsessed with his convenient wife and very possessive. I will try another book from this author but as this is the first one I have read by her, I can't say I'm impressed.
Published on 26 Dec 2011 by Laura

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, 26 Dec 2011
Laura (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 24 Oct 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Bored by overbearing men and weak women, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: His Indecent Proposal (Kindle Edition)
This is a short novel and I did finish it. However, the main male and female characters were too stereotypical - alpha male, weak female for me to really enjoy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars His indecent proposal, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: His Indecent Proposal (Kindle Edition)
This book was ok but it was not long enough read, the story line was good and it got me hooked I just thought it could have been a bit longer....

5.0 out of 5 stars Another short lovely book from Lynda Chance, 7 May 2013
This review is from: His Indecent Proposal (Kindle Edition)
What can I say but another lovely book by this author. Her books are so romantic you just have to fall in love with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.75*. LC does it again with a take-charge Alpha, a plausible tale and hot sex. An epilogue would have earned this 5*, 10 Nov 2011
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: His Indecent Proposal (Kindle Edition)
LC has become a firm favorite since I discovered her on an amazon.com thread, and from the amazon.com discussions that I subscribe to, I know that I'm not the only one who's been pestering her for this tale. So much so, that the poor woman promised her fans that she'd do her best to make it available by the weekend, and I'm so grateful that she did.

This is a great novella - full stop - but for the price, it's an absolute bargain, as it's a whole tale, one that I would happily have paid more for. In fact, I've loved every book that LC has written, so much so that I did have a brief thought as to whether I would place an 'absolute max' limit on how much I would pay for a book of hers, and didn't have an answer (I tend to not want to pay more than 5 for ANY Kindle book). That translates for me as 'if she writes it, then I'm buying it'.

Once again, I have to say that IMHO, she's a contemporary Charlotte Lamb, who is my ultimate romance novelist, even 11 years after her death. Not that LC is copying any of CL's works, but that her style is so similar, with strong Alpha males, who have just that touch of arrogance that makes things work out for them, without making them nasty, and who aren't afraid to make a situation work for them. I loved how LC brought the whole 'marriage of convenience' into being, and how quickly and unashamedly the male lead took advantage of it to get the woman who he'd been lusting over from afar for months.

I loved that though David had noticed Jenna from the day she started working for his company, and that though he realised that his interest was reciprocated, he'd not made a move as he didn't want to scare her, nor compromise either his or her integrity. He was in a position of power that he could have abused, but he never made a move on her, but when SHE gave him an opening, however innocent it was, boy did he steamroller her! Yeah!

But Jenna wasn't a little doormat, nor a little fluffy girly to just roll over and let him have his way with her, as she had strong moral values, which persisted until the very end of the tale. For her, as with David, love was her price, and it seemed, though, as if his brand of arrogance/Alpha male did it for her too.

The sex scenes were smoking hot, and there were several of them, not all of which everyone will love, as some are very 'forceful', to use the term loosely, but they are in character with the male lead's personality, which totally worked for me - and clearly for Jenna!. The tale was very well-written and flowed, and I admit that I didn't think that a marriage-of-convenience tale would work so well in this day and age, but LC made it work. I think she's in tune with her fans and continues to deliver what they want, PC-ness be damned!

LC is now an autobuy, and I can't wait for her next novel, which I understand is a bit longer than her previous ones, and which should be due out very shortly. My only small gripes with this one are that 'David' was a touch too ordinary a name for this strong male lead, and that I would have loved to see an epilogue several years down the line, complete with HEA and kids, proving that he and Jenna do last - not that I have any doubts as to their relationship. Then again, maybe we will see them as secondary characters in future novels...hint, hint, pretty please!

His Indecent Proposal