5.0 out of 5 stars Step ladder
Excellent step ladders, very sturdy and safe. I bought them for my elderly mother and she uses them constantly for things around the home as she can hold onto the sides and feel totally secure. Would recommend highly
Published 13 months ago by Sandy

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy customer service
Published 18 months ago by alex seddon

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy customer service, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: 4 Tread Super Safe Step Ladder with Hand Rail (Misc.)
I ordered a 4 tread step ladder with handrail. I was buying on behalf of my scout group where I am a sectional leader. Because we are a group, with many adults within it, we had decided to purchase a step ladder that conformed to one of the British Standards, for Health and Safety reasons. On opening the ladders a few days after delivery (they were delivered to a personal home address, then taken to our headquarters), we discovered they were damaged and dangerous. Unusable. This could have been due to lack of protection within the large box when being transported. There was a rubber foot tread missing, while the other remaining foot tread was cracked and broken. Lots of scratches over the paintwork but the dangerous bit was that one of the bracket hinges was bent beyond repair at a 45 angle. I contacted the seller who said we were just out of the 7 day return period. They said that they couldn’t verify what I was saying (even though I had supporting photo’s) and I would have to send the ladders back to them for them to check! This took me one whole day to arrange as the size and weight of the package Royal Mail won’t do. It cost me 33.30 to return the package. Bargain Warehouse after more than a week and myself emailing them for an update, arranged to pay me back the cost of the item. This is when my troubles started. I have mailed the company asking about the return postage cost I spent on something that was delivered with substandard packaging resulting in the item being damaged! I have emailed and emailed them and had no response whatsoever. I have asked Amazon chat to help me and they have emailed them for me and still no response. So I can only assume that, even though it hasn’t been my fault at all, they are not reimbursing me my return postage costs of 33.30. What is worse though is their customer service with me by completely ignoring my requests, not giving me the common courtesy of an answer. Yes it is buyer beware over the internet but I had expected better relationships when things go wrong, with the company. Especially when they were dealing with a charity group like ourselves, which theyWERE aware of. Bargain Warehouse maybe for a reason – they don’t invest in customer after care. A complete lack of customer service – total shoddiness!

5.0 out of 5 stars Step ladder, 8 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe ladder, 18 April 2013
The Beast (Lincoln England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4 Tread Super Safe Step Ladder with Hand Rail (Misc.)
These are Brilliant for a 70 plus lady it is great . I feel safe going even on the top step.

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing parts mean the ladder is not stable, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: 4 Tread Super Safe Step Ladder with Hand Rail (Misc.)
There were missing parts when I contacted the seller I received a message they do not hold spares I have tried over the last few weeks to find the screws to no avail.
At present the ladder is NOT stable. NOT impressed

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: 4 Tread Super Safe Step Ladder with Hand Rail (Misc.)
This product has proved to be exactly what we wanted. It feels solid, steady & safe on the smooth floor that we use it on. We are very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, excellent for my wife to use, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: 4 Tread Super Safe Step Ladder with Hand Rail (Misc.)
Had difficulty finding what we wanted in local DIY & other stores. We are both pensioners and my wife was very nervous using our existing stepladder. Having the side and top rail means she is now very confident in using the stepladder. We saved money on choosing a supposed "seconds" but it is as new. Fast prompt early delivery.

2.0 out of 5 stars not safe, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: 4 Tread Super Safe Step Ladder with Hand Rail (Misc.)
this is not a safety ladder to light and unstable and definitely not suitable for the older person as it wobbles a lot.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless ladder when sent incomplete, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: 4 Tread Super Safe Step Ladder with Hand Rail (Misc.)
I am a pensioner and ordered the safety ladder of obvious reasons - addional safety support when climbing. When the ladder arrived in May I didn't open until last week. I found the arm pieces were missing therefore the hand rail can not be attached. I have now contacted the compay on at least 5 times explaining my
problem and for two arms to be sent. No response to date from their customer service at all. I am left with a step ladder that I would be very dubious to use. I have paid good money for a product that if not rectify will be useless to me

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: 4 Tread Super Safe Step Ladder with Hand Rail (Misc.)
Very good strong and sturdy and very easy to assemble fit for the purpose it was purchased for good good

2.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: 4 Tread Super Safe Step Ladder with Hand Rail (Misc.)
I had to send this ladder back as I could barely lift it. An expensive mistake, unfortunately. It would be an excellent, safe, wide-tread ladder for most people.