5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING! Worth it!
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!
Amazing read, I was a bit wary to buy this at first reading the other reviews but I'm do glad I did. The first book is one of my favourites in the world and this book is just as good!
Remy's character stays strong and brave. She is truly a great role model for anyone. I loved every second of this book, even though it's about four pound it's...
Published 7 months ago by Holly Sparks

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not as good as I expected....
I loved the first book in this series, Hollowland, so when I realised that the sequel had been released I downloaded it straight away. I was a little taken aback by the price - especially when Amanda's books have all been under £2 previously (which to be honest was a big factor in me choosing to download them in the first place). However, I kind of justified this by...
Published on 14 Nov 2011 by Kate

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but short, 22 Jan 2012
This review is from: Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) (Kindle Edition)
I loved Hollowland and I loved this one too, however it was quite short which was disappointing and the price has gone up aswell which I didn't think was quite justifiable, as it was shorter than Hollowland.

I would definately give this a read though. Remy is still an amazing yet realistic character and Hocking doesn't hold back with the body count.

Overall, four stars due to these two books being a definite favourite of mine and I'm hoping for a third.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 17 Jan 2012
This review is from: Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) (Kindle Edition)
I have to admit I was skeptical about paying for this book after some of the reviews, but I'm so glad I did.
I read both of her books in one day, I just couldn't put them down. It was definitely worth the money to read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good follow up, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) (Kindle Edition)
I was a bit unsure whether to get this after reading some of the other reviews, but was glad I did. A good follow up to the first novel and came to a satisfactory conclusion. Maybe a bit pricey compared to other e-books, but if you average it out with the first one which was free, then it seems reasonable value.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 31 Dec 2011
This review is from: Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) (Kindle Edition)
The first few chapters hook you in and then it's all downhill afterwards. Most of the supporting characters from the first book are gone, now replaced by vaguely interesting background fillers. The biggest issue I had with this sequel is Remy; she's spent the last 6 months imprisoned in the hospital wing, where she has on numerous occasions been subjected to inhumane experimentation, operated on without any anaesthesia - basically treated like a lab rat. Yet somehow despite all this, and with an open surgical wound on her abdomen (she quickly stitches this together herself), she's still able to walk for hundreds of miles on limited rations - let's not forget she's already malnourished, AND singlehandedly fight off a freshly killed zombie just in her underwear. At no point has the author ever suggested that Remy is anything more special than being zombie-virus immune. I'm all for 'women doing it for themselves' but the feasibility of this scenario is just silly. Overall the story was bland and the zombie element was seriously deficient of any true horror.

4.0 out of 5 stars Closure, 30 Nov 2011
This review is from: Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) (Kindle Edition)
The first novel in this series was free. It then left things really open so I purchased this sequel. A lot of fun. Alledgedly aimed at the teen audience but really suitable for any zombie fan. This would have been five stars if it wasn't for a rather annoying number of errors and ommissions in the editing. When you consider that it works out at just over £2 per novel on average (one free and the sequel for £4.59) then this is pretty good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 21 Nov 2011
This review is from: Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) (Kindle Edition)
God, this book was amazing! It had everything, romance,tears,violence everything! (: It's definitely worth £4.59, the best £4.59 I have ever spent! :D Thank you Amanda, I can't wait for the next one! :D Definitely a must read! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic read, 14 Nov 2011
This review is from: Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) (Kindle Edition)
a really good read, feels rushed in some places but got fantastic detail, the reader is left feeling the same as what remy is feeling, it ends with an open ending and wanting more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the first book, 11 Nov 2011
This review is from: Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) (Kindle Edition)
I thought the first book was good but when I saw the price of the second I was a bit unwilling to spend that much on this series. I bought it any way and was so glad I did. This is so so much better than the first book.

The main character has developed so much and so does her relationships with the people around her. I also think the author's writing skills have taken a huge jump. This is a must read. Can't wait for the next installment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 25 Dec 2011
Hollowmen by Amanda Hocking

Hollowmen - the sequel to Hollowland....

"After six months in the quarantine, Remy finds out things are much worse than she feared. Her plans to escape come with a heavy cost, and she realizes that zombies aren't the worst of her problems.
This is a young adult novel with language, violence, and sexual situations. Not recommended for readers under the age of 17. "

When I read the first book, Hollowland, I did so with trepidation as I am not normally a reader of zombie books. The only reason behind my decision was that I have become a fan of Amanda Hocking's work and have yet to be disappointed with her stories. Hollowland blew me away! It held me firmly in my grasp from beginning to end and left me disappointed that I couldn't immediately download the sequel.
The sequel packs the same sort of punch. It is action packed from the first page, continuing the story of Remy in a world gone mad. I fell in love with Boden immediately, as the strong, quiet but determinedly stubborn sort of hero that attracts me. He repeatedly demonstrates tact and sensitivity despite the strength of his army training.

The book begins 6 months after the last one has ended. Remy has basically spent that period of time being a vivisection experiment, as scientists try to find out why she is immune to the zombie virus that is sweeping the planet. Desperate to find her younger brother, unsure who is trustworthy and hunted by hungry zombies., Remy and her rag-tag band trek North whilst narrowly avoiding death, rape and consumption. However, their journey is perilous and lives are lost, friends made, enemies found and love blossoms in the most unlikely of circumstances.

This is another great read by Amanda Hocking. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the novel (after my initial surprise at the price hike from the price of Hollowland) . I am a big fan of Amanda's work. My only surprise was how abruptly the book ended. I enjoyed the story despite this. Another great read by Amanda Hocking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 31 Aug 2014
This review is from: Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) (Kindle Edition)
fab sequel to the first hope there is a third

Hollowmen (The Hollows #2)
Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) by Amanda Hocking