5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Treasure
I am 76 years of age. This is one of the best CDs I have had the pleasure to own. It reminds me of the talents of Dinah Washington but is totally Amy Winehouse. The joy is tainted by great sadness. What a great loss. Oh Amy, if only someone could have helped you.
Published on 8 Dec 2011 by David76

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Disappointing....
Published on 13 Dec 2011 by Miss R.M.Clarkson

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Treasure, 8 Dec 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 19 Dec 2011
Mr. P. Williams "Peterw" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
I just listened to this album for the first time. I'm perhaps not what you might call a regular fan, although I already had Frank, Back to Black and her iTunes festival EP, but I found this collection stunning.
What a fabulous voice, and how nicely this package is done. For me, on of the best albums of the year.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Disappointing...., 13 Dec 2011
Even though I am an Amy fan I feel I shall have to assume to role of Devil's Advocate. I bought this album in good faith, with the understanding that like so many other posthumous releases it may be a little raw. I think Mitch Winehouse's assertion, that it stood comparison with her two previous releases: Frank and Back To Black while understandable, was inaccurate. For a start Lioness: Hidden Treasures was only partially Amy's work. She was both a prodigy and a perfectionist and I simply do not feel this album would have been up to her exacting musical standards. Our Day Will Come was a genuinely plesant surprise as were the original version of Tears Dry and Wake Up Alone. The rest of it was O.K but I found the overly elaborate arrangement on Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? and A Song For You, actually detracted from her vocal. If Mark Ronson and Salaam Remi had decided to keep it simple and allowed her voice to shine, conceeding that this is a DEMO album I think I would have enjoyed it for what it was. The fact is Amy decided against releasing these songs because SHE wasn't satisfied with them. Amy wrote in a very autobiographical and narrative style, her two previous albums had a linear chronology which was lacking in this release. It feels like what it is, an assortment of the producers favourite demos selected from several years of accumulated material. Not being an executive at Island records I have no idea if Amy had assembled the skeleton of a brand new album or if she simply recorded what she felt like, when she was feeling up to it. To draw a comparison with another artist, Buddy Holly died in an accident at the peak of his powers, leaving a number of impressive demos which were later polished up and released to general acclaim. Amy had been ill for some time which is also sadly noticable on some of the later tracks. Only time will tell what releases will be made in the future by her estate. I somehow doubt she would be happy with them. Taking the rough with the smooth it was nice to hear some better known songs in embyronic form and see the creative process in action. Also some of the proceeds from the album sales go to the Amy Winehouse Foundation, a legacy, which I feel would have been far more likely to meet with her approval.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amy Winehouse, a true loss, 25 May 2012
Angela (Languedoc Roussillon, France) - See all my reviews
I loved this CD, it is a lovely tribute to a young person that lost their life so early. Listening to the tracks the quality shines through with her fabulous voice. It is a real tragedy that we will not hear any more of Amy's music, she was a real talent and I think the music on this CD proves it.

Lioness: Hidden Treasures

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album., 27 Mar 2012
I have all three of her albums, and they are all different styles, which I love. I really enjoyed this disc, well worth the money in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars A passionate, soulful affair., 5 Dec 2011
"Lioness" consists of 12 previously unreleased archive recordings and alternate takes, compiled by long-time friends and producers including Salaam Remi and Mark Ronson, in the wake of her death this July, aged just 27.
In the wrong hands, this might have been a slapdash collection, but "Lioness" is presented with genuine tenderness and it never paints Winehouse as a tragic diva stereotype.
The focus, quite rightly, is her vocal talent - not just its soulful power but also its stylistic range. And while there's an obvious melancholy in hearing Winehouse's tones again, there's also dreamy warmth, demonstrated by the opening reggae version of "Our Day Will Come" (originally by 1960s group Ruby & The Romantics Our Day Will Come: the Very Best of Ruby & the Romantics).
Some of these tracks predate Winehouse's 2003 debut album, "Frank": there's her jazzy teenage take on "The Girl From Ipanema" and the arguable stand-out, elegant original soul melody "Halftime" (dating back to 2002).
Her casual charm and command elevates the familiar covers, whether it's The Shirelles' "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?" or another reworking of The Zutons' "Valerie".
There are also curious collaborations: Like "Smoke" is infused with Nas's rap homage to his Camden 'homie', while Winehouse's final studio recording is "Body & Soul", a vintage jazz cut with 85 year old crooner Tony Bennett.
Essentially, the material on "Lioness" should have been a foundation, not a memorial, but it feels like a passionate affair.
The end notes are sweet, full of unmistakeable personality and resonance. A Haider

I Get a Kick Out of You
25 All-Time Greatest Hits
Tired Of Hanging Around
Collection
These Songs For You, Live!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 26 Mar 2012
Such a good album. Such a talent! RIP Amy, love will you still love me tomorrow, a few songs that didn't need to be on there but all in all it's a good Album

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasure indeed, 11 Dec 2011
Like Amy herself, we never did have our appetites satiated for her genius sounds and creativity. Some beautiful new tracks on this CD together with different versions of previously released songs, show the process that this one of a kind went through to create the sounds that we absolutely love (Tears Dry on their Own - amazing!!!). This CD still leaves us wanting more, but is deeply moving and beautiful - a celebration of her life. I wish her family peace and comfort and hope they enjoy every penny they make from releasing this album and that the foundation builds the strength needed to help others in turmoil.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lioness: Hidden Treasures, 7 Dec 2011
Pamela J. Covey (Woburn, UK) - See all my reviews
Whoever put together this FABULOUS compilation was a genius, and THANK YOU so much for the release. Brilliant, wonderful, haunting, soulful - I'm running out of adjectives, but it's pure Amy and what a criminal waste if this priceless material had not come to light. Can't stop playing it . . . blissful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute grower! Don't hestiate to buy it!!, 14 July 2012
I have been secretly wanting to buy this album Amy Whinehouse 'Lioness Hidden Treasure' for a while...& waited for all the 'hype' to calm down, and the price to be cheaper!! Okay albums are released/compiled after a persons passing in the music world..but this album I am sure will become an absolute classic. Amy's voice is amazing & she will have you singing along aloud with the tracks, especially if you play it in the car. Which is the best way to appreciate this album. I love it & would play it on repeat, if I could over & over again:) Don't hesitate to buy it. I am so glad I bought it & have it in my collection. Which is praise indeed as I am fussy with my music!:)Enough said.

Lioness: Hidden Treasures [VINYL]
Lioness: Hidden Treasures [VINYL] by Amy Winehouse (Vinyl - 2011)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available