5.0 out of 5 stars USpeed Multi-Card Reader
Published on 11 Sep 2012 by Sandpiper

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak Pins
Have now found that this product although looking good, small and ideal for some camera / pad / laptop. Where your using the main SD slots.
But beware on the larger compact slot. On the second time of use. The pins on one end have flattened. Closer inspection shows that the metal used for the pins is very poor quality. Hence why the pins have bent.

It...
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars USpeed Multi-Card Reader, 11 Sep 2012
This review is from: Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 Superspeed Multi-in-1 Card Reader 4-Slots for SDXC, SDHC, SD, CF, High-Speed CF (UDMA), MS, M2, Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC, Micro SD Cards [Support UHS-I]
I recently bought some SDHC and SDXC cards for use with my SLR and Phone only to find my existing multi-card reader did not like them due to the 32Gb limit (and being over 10 years old). After spending a few hours trawling the web and various sites I decided upon the USpeed device as it looked pretty decent, not too big and explicitly stated support for SDXC cards. Surprisingly many devices out there DO NOT support the newer large memory card formats so beware.

Firstly, the service from the vendor was excellent. The device was shipped and arrived on time (I requested next day delivery as had an urgent requirement). It was packaged well in a small box and jiffy, so well protected. The device is smaller than I originally expected which is only a good thing, and looks well made.

I immediately tried the device on my XP based Desktop PC and it worked 100% quickly transferring over 30Gb to a 64Gb micro SDXC card. Could not ask for more. Next I tried it on my trusted DELL laptop as this is where it will be used most frequently (running Vista) and again no issues at all. Just to be sure, I have also tested this on my Server which is running Windows Server 2008 R2. I've tested various types of SD, SDHC, SDXC (standard and micro) cards along with various type of CF cards and had no issues at all. When plugged into a USB 3.0 port this device works really really well.

My only minor niggle is the short USB lead attached to the device. I would have preferred this to fold away / retract or worse case detach just to make storage in my laptop case easier. But this is very minor and as its a short lead does not really cause any problems.

If using this device on XP based machines you will need to make sure you have SP3 installed as its required in order to support the "exFAT" file system used on cards over 32Gb.

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak Pins, 3 April 2013

It works well on the smaller slots where contact pins are not used. Otherwise if you use, like I do for certain Pro type of Cameras the larger Compact slot. Go buy a far better product.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok nothing more., 6 Feb 2013
Well the reader arrived sooner than I was expecting which is always good news :)

OK the reader description and review.

The reader housing is made of metal which is painted a glossy black on each flat side of the housing there is a port for the card with each port clearly labeled for which card.
The reader has a built in USB3 cable of about 15cm.

The reader was delivered in a what I would assume was a static free bag and inside it's own box with that in the now well known cardboard envelope that Amazon are known to use so was delivered with plenty of protection.

Now the pro/cons.

Pros.
The reader does work with the advertised cards.
The metal housing should offer some protection.
The integrated USB3 cable is a good choice as this means that the reader and cable can not be divided and either lost.

Cons.
The cable is the biggest let down being that it is only roughly 15cm this in my opinion will lead to ppls frustrations especially if you're USB3 ports are too the rear I will explain further on this later.
The ports for the cards have no spring return by this I mean that when you push you're card into the readers slot to remove the card most devices you simply push the card in a bit further and a return spring pushes the card back out of it's locked position not with this reader.
As there is no return spring for the card and no way for the card to lock into position the reader relies on friction to keep the card in the port/slot with this method care must be taken NOT to push the card in to far as you may damage the readers pins.
Now to further elaborate on the reader and it's short cable if the reader needs to be plugged in to the rear of you're machine then in my opinion ppl will get frustrated with the fact that to remove a card you must first eject the reader then unplug the reader from the used USB slot remove the card then place another card in the reader and then plug the reader back into the rear USB3 slot which for some I would imagine will become quite frustrating (I am lucky enough to have 2x USB3 slots in the front).
Another bad point while testing a micro card I found that the card goes quite deep in to the reader and as such any person with large fingers will have trouble removing the card as there is very little of the card body to grip when you come to remove it.

So this is my review and my opinions I still think after all I've typed it is a reasonable card reader which does exactly as advertised if I could buy another card reader without these small faults for a few £££'s more would I the answer is yes am I happy to carry on using the reader again yes (but only because I have front USB3 ports.

As with all my reviews please excuse the lack of punctuation grammar and any spelling mistakes I am extremely dyslexic and I do try my best I hope this review helps with you're decision I ask if you feel that any thing is missing please feel free to ask and I will try my best to help.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good once you've got the hang of which slot to use!, 22 May 2013
I think this card reader is a good product and well made. It works well with my big CF cards. It has a nice feel and comes in a nice box. I originally gave a 1 star rating as I failed to dock a micro SD card after a lot of fiddling and web searches and Anker website. I have revised this to 3 stars on the basis it does work as described.

There are no instructions with the product. I am all for a device so simple it does not need instructions, but . . . a device that takes 12 kinds of cards with only 4 holes - I'm afraid it is not at all obvious for some card types which is th ecorrect hole and which way up the card should be inserted. The micro SD card i was trying to dock is several millimetres narrower than the slot, and also only about half the thickness of the slot - as you start to insert the card, it is slack from side to side and up and down. It is only as you push the card fully home that it becomes solid and secure. I am not particularly keen on sticking my precious card with the only copy of photos randomly into slots hoping for a fit and praying the thing does not get stuck, or break, or get ruined by the exposed contacts touching the wrong electrical contacts in the device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 17 Jun 2012
I was looking for a 'simple' device that I could use quickly to transfer photos from the memory cards of various cameras and smart phones to either PC or Mac. Didn't have to install any drivers, and USB3.0 is really fast on the PC under Windows 7 (64 bit). On the iMac (OSx 10.7) the device works as expected on the standard USB2 ports. The unit seems well built, but the USB lead provided could perhaps be a little longer - particularly if your USB 3.0 ports are at the rear of your PC. Overall I'm very satisfied with the device.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB 3.0 card reader, 3 Jun 2012
Uspeed 6 port USB card reader. Nice unit, well made, supplied with a short flat blue USB 3.0 cable. Measurably higher speed transfers when connected to a USB 3.0 port and seems to have most card types covered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice item, 10 Jun 2014
Sleek, Fast and effective reader. recommended for those who need to read different cards simultaneously. I am happy with my purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Card reader, 6 April 2013
jjd1946 (Clonbur,Ct. Galway Ireland) - See all my reviews
The reader is absolutely perfect. I immediately threw my old ones out. The size is fantastic and it loads easily every time. If I could have given you six stars I would have ! nd Review. The reader has broken already. it had a good few days and then it connected or failed and finely total failure. Buy the best one you can get but don't buy this one !

2.0 out of 5 stars Pins bent after a few uses., 19 Jan 2013
This does not have a very satisfactory slot in for the card, it doesn't seem deep enough compared to the ethernet reader I had before and this means that you can't feel if it has gone very well and hence i pushed it in further because it wasn't eading and it buckled one of the pins and is now rendered useless. Give it a miss!

Update:
After posting this review the supplier contacted me and sent a replacement product, still same design which I think is at fault, the supplier assured me this was a one off and was was very keen to rectify the problem, so you have no worries on the service front :0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 2 Oct 2014
Having bought expensive card readers previously that just didn't work I was cautiously optimistic that this would solve my problem, I can no longer use my old canon camera to upload photos. The card reader arrived on time, I plugged it in, it installed in seconds, I was then really surprised at the speed that it uploaded 350 photos, it was incredibly quick. Very pleased.