Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 31 January 2011
The novel is good however you can tell straight away that it was Carlos Ruiz Zafon's first novel.
The story is simple and somehow predictable, but entertaining though. I strongly recommend the Shadow of the wind from this same author.
on 11 January 2011
A good novel, not nearly as good as other works of the same author, like La Sombra del Viento, which I highly recommend, but it was the beginning of a great career for Ruiz Zafon.
Personally I did not like the end...
on 11 September 2012
As usual Zafon tells a good story and as usual his use of language is elegant. This is one of the books he wrote for children before he was made famous - "El Palacio de Media Noche" is another. He later came to world wide attention with his novel for adults - "La Sombra del Viento". As other reviewers have said, this is not in that class but is nevertheless a good read.
on 18 January 2013
Zafón is a great narrator. After having read a couple of his books (I've read his three adult books, then started on his teenage ones), you can see his favorite themes, but it's a world I love going back to. I'm now looking forward to the two "sequels" of The Fog Trilogy!
on 3 February 2014
Our Spanish teacher, Maria suggested the book to encourage us to read a Spanish novel. The author keeps the suspense in every chapter and has made us want to read right to the very end. I really enjoyed the book and will be buying more books by Zafón.
on 10 June 2011
Like all Carlos Ruiz Zafon books, if you want to polish your Spanish, these are the books to go for. The vocab and the grammar are honed to perfection. The story, that is another story (sorry about the pun). Why do they all have to be so sad?! Maybe I am more used to Clive Cussler, where the hero(heroine) always prevails.
on 18 June 2015
A really good read for those people like me learning Spanish, and I didn't have to refer too much to a dictionary.
on 25 May 2013
I bought it to use a part of my Spanish lessons. The book was in excellent condition and of good use to me.