Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Listen with Prime Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 4 January 2012
I was a bit suspicious, what with it being so cheap, but opted for this case for my Kindle as I didn't want something that added to the weight when reading (you can't really read the Kindle when it's in this case - the elastic strap would get in the way), but did want something solid to protect it when it was in a bag, or a pocket or generally lying around.

The case is solid - the sides are stiff, almost as stiff as the cover of a hardback book - and the outer covering is hard-wearing; sort of like cordura. The inside is soft and fits the Kindle snugly. There's also an elasticated mesh pocket on the opposite side to where the Kindle slots in. Not sure what this is for, but there's enough room for a couple of passports and tickets I discovered.

It would no doubt shrug off splashes - much more so than a 'flap cover/case' option, but wouldn't cope with being fully submerged. It probably floats, but I'm not about to test that one!

So... I wouldn't recommend this if you're looking for something to protect your Kindle while you're reading it, but I can't fault it as a travelling case. There's not much cheaper out there - and it certainly doesn't look cheap.

I LOVE MY KINDLE!!! (simple things...)
on 7 January 2012
I bought this mainly to protect my kindle 4 when travelling. The outer shell is really quite solid and the zip seems good quality, whilst the inside has some sort of firm gel inside it for protection. Didn't want to spend £30 for a kindle one and was looking for a proper enclosed case instead of a sort of book style one and this fit the bill. It's actually a lot better than I imagined as it was so cheap, but the quality is excellent and it does what it says on the tin. You can't read it when it's in the case, but that is fine with me and I had sussed that before purchasing anyway. I like the strap, means the kindle can't fall out when you open it. I'm very pleased with this item and would recommend it.
on 25 April 2012
Item received was of reasonable quality and would have been just what I wanted if only it fitted my new kindle!

The case proved to be just too small and didn't fit. The kindle sat on top of the edges and would have rubbed on the zip at the corners.

The item also did not match the photos with the strap running from top to bottom rather than side to side.

The part number on the packaging also started with a U not an L as per the listing. I don't know if this meant I had received the wrong item but I returned it to Amazon.
on 7 January 2012
I bought it because I needed something hard to protect my kindle in a bag and I am a bit tight. It is strong and perfect for what I need. It isn't really possible to read while it's in the case but that is not why a bought it. My kindle fits snugly and I don't feel like I need to worry when I take it out. The price is great and it is just as good as the ridiculously over priced amazon cases. Delivery was three days before the estimated date and all in all a great product.
on 19 March 2012
Well made product, quite solid and rugged.

But the case doesn't fir the Kindle properly. The Kindle seems to be a 1 or 2 mm too wide to sit properly.

As a result, I can't recommend this.
on 14 March 2012
This is perfect. It houses my Kindle well, not too tight or too loose. The pouch in the upper flap will hold the Kindle's USB lead easily and safely without damaging the Kindle itself on the harder parts. It closes well.

What really makes it for me is the casing itself. The outside is firm and, though not rock hard is still hard and will protect what's inside whilst the inner lining is a sort of firm foam that provides great insulation. I've used this to carry my Kindle around in my bag to and from work every day and it's protected my Kindle in a way I'm not sure the softer pouches would. My bag can be a bit like a TARDIS and tends to have a fair bit of stuff in it

Though you can't read the Kindle whilst it's under the elastic band that's not a draw back for me, as I just take it out and put it on top and read it that way, making no difference.

I can't speak to its longevity but it doesn't show any signs of wear and tear as yet, and I honestly don't understand why anybody would spend so much on the fancier options where this one is available.

I was curious when I ordered this item, but as soon as I saw it and felt it in person I was immensely glad I'd chosen it because I feel secure that this will do what I need it to do.
on 1 August 2012
I bought this case for my Amazon Kindle 4 Wi-Fi 6". The fit is absolutely perfect. Not too tight and not too loose. The kindle is easy to slide in and out, and does not move around once in place.

The inside of the case is nice and soft, and the elastic strap inside helps stop the kindle moving around or dropping out the case if you open it quickly.

With any hard protective case, the last thing you would want is the object moving around inside and getting damaged from within everytime you move your bag. The snug fit and soft inside keeps my Kindle nice and safe while on the move, while the harder outer casing protects from any hard impacts or objects pressing against it in your bag. I have accidently dropped this case on the floor (with my kindle inside it) while at work and it and I can't detect any damage on my Kindle.

I cannot understand some of the other reviews stating that the case is too small unless they either received a different case or do not have the Kindle 4 Wi-Fi 6". This case will NOT fit the Kindle Touch.
on 12 October 2012
Ordered this hard cover travel case for my new Kindle and it arrived a lot sooner than anticipated. The hard cover is lightweight but solid enough to protect the Kindle. My one gripe, however, is that it is not a velcro strap which is fitted inside, but an elastic one, although this is good enough to hold the Kindle in place. The downside to this is that when you slip the Kindle beneath the elastic strap, the edge of the strap stitched to the cover triggers the power switch on the Kindle. At a pinch, you could fit the Kindle beneath the mesh pocket on the other side as it does fit. If you decide to slip it under the elastic strap, just be careful that the pressure of the strap at the bottom doesn't trigger the power button as you may have to re-charge sooner than anticipated.

All in all, impressed with the service and the quality of the travel cover.
on 26 November 2012
Due to the lack of availability of any decent manufacturer's own or third party book style covers, at the time of writing, I chose this as a temporary solution for my Kobo Glo. Considering that dimension wise it is almost identical to the kindle 4 non-touch, I decided to take a punt and see if this would work for me.

If you have a Kobo Glo and want a cheap sturdy little case that is VERY well made then this case is the Mutz - wotsits. I doubt I'll bother getting one of the book style covers now. I always tended to take my Sony PRS600 and Kindle Keyboard out of the book style covers when reading anyway so this seems like the ideal solution for me.
VINE VOICEon 13 April 2013
I ordered this case for my new Kindle Paperwhite. It fits perfectly. And it is held inside very securely. The shell is tough and once inside the Kindle is very well protected. It would easily withstand a drop or some crushing in a bag.

The case is a little bulky so it's not ideal for everyday use. I bought it for travelling. However, once I get to my destination I will use a more traditional cover to reduce bulk.

This case is not really for everyday use. But for heavy duty protection (say on a plane) it will compliment other protection systems very well. And at this price it's a no-brainer.