on 26 January 2012
Screen Protectors seem to be a necessary evil. I usually have a problem fitting these "things" without trapping air bubbles or leaving loose edges because I left fingerprints on the adhesive surface while fitting it. I usually leave my device looking distinctly second-hand by the time I'm finished.

BEHOLD! A screen protector which is actually easy to fit. No unsightly bubbles and only one tiny loose edge where I clearly must have held on to the protector contact surface with one of my clumsy sausage fingers.

When fitted, the screen surface has a lovely matte feel and appearance which I assume is the anti-glare method indicated by the manufacturer. It also resists fingerprints very well.

This is the best screen protector I have used and at a shade under a fiver, a bargain.
on 20 July 2012
Ok so I have lots of devices with touch screens and have been fitting these type of protectors since the days of the Palm 5 back in the late 1990's. As others have mentioned this protector is too large for the screen. Duly tipped off I checked before fitting and there it was about 0.6mm to wide and the same too tall. This means if you fit it you will get air bubbles. So be prepared you will have to shave off a shade under 1mm to make this fit flush and bubble free. I managed this on mine. Lets be fair though we usually have to trim protectors for screens with a bezel to make them fit so why should the official archos one be any different.

So what is the product like in use? Well it says it is anti glare, but the original screen without a protector wasnt that bad. What is of greater concern is that once you have a bright screen, lets say a white background, then you can see the anti glare coating of the protector. This looks like lots of tiny dots all over your screen. Hardly what I would expect of a factory item. Then there is the tactile aspect. The original screen was lovely and smooth, put this on and its like dragging your finger over very fine sandpaper. I have never had this on a screen protector before. Not happy.

So the bottom line? Well I would return it to Amazon but for what it costs to post back whats the point, I will simply find a non anti glare item and fit that instead because the anti glare coating has thoroughly irritated me in only half an hours use. Take heed yes it is a good item if you are prepared to trim it, but you may quickly hate the screen degradation which comes with that coating. Buy a different manufacturers one.
on 16 July 2012
I was very impressed when this first arrived and generally the quality is good.

Do not be fooled by the fact that this appears to be an official archos screen protector as I found that mine was 2mm too wide and 2 mm too tall.

This may not seem much but it is enough to stop it fitting without some minor surgery.

Check it before you stick it as you may need to remove some material from the edge and top before you apply it (I did, this is not very difficult to do but you shouldn't have to do it.

Once I had altered the size of the screen protector so that it actually fit i found that the screen protector is actually very good. It has a matte finish so the feel is fantastic. All commands are executed perfectly through the protector and with the matte finish it also has some anti glare properties.

Generally a good item but beware to check the size first as it may require altering with a steel rule and a scalpel.
on 24 July 2012
it's a good quality screen protector, but unfortunately is about 1mm bigger than the screen on an archos 80 tablet, hence it couldn't be fitted.

totally useless unless you want to buy a metal rule & a craft knife & trim it to fit - but by the time you've realised this it's too late & you'll have dust stuck to the back of the sodding thing!
on 14 July 2012
The reason it doesn't work is it is just too tall to fit across the tablet without overlapping the rim. I tried repositioning 5 times but no success, so it has a long bubble along the long edge of screen. I suppose it still works to protect the screen so I can't be bothered to return it. Archos get your ruler out!
on 13 September 2012
Not quite as easy as some people say to apply it. The instructions were terrible. As a teacher I can tell you that the instructions were poorly written with bad diagrams; and would be very hard to follow if English was not your first language.

Once fitted the product seems to work well.
on 18 April 2012
Brought this because the G9 tablet was a finger print magnet. It really made a different. It's not a magic cure but you don't have to wipe the screen before every use once it's installed. It's the anti-glare version and I think the screen does lose some of its brightness, but it's a much better viewing experience and really helps in sunlight. It hasn't affected the use of the device at all. It has only four stars as I just glad that somebody else installed it for me. I don't think it was overly difficult, but there are some things you just know you'd rather somebody else did :-)

Also, I think a lot of cases come with a free screen protector, so I'd check that if you're buying a case as well.
on 19 April 2013
Very difficult to smooth out ,leaves bubbles on glass, also tried one on IPad same result ,not good and had to remove.
on 16 December 2013
I managed to ruin the protector by smothering it in fingerprints &dust &debris because the instructions were leading me to believe it was the two sides of film (steps 1&2) that was the protector.When I googled it I saw I wasn't alone, so as you see if I could give it a lower rating I would. And NO I wouldn't recommend this any body. Malcolm Reynolds
on 28 November 2013
This screen protector easily gets air bubbles as it seems that it is a lot more thicker compared to other makes of screen protectors.

But my big problem is with the adhesive residue which is left after you peel the side sticker that is there to help you lay the screen protector correctly.

See one answered question